My fishy week!

I just made the Jamie Oliver fish pie recipe (in recipe section) and it was delicious! Highly recommend it for those fishy weeks!

cant find it, can someone cut and paste it please

im very tempted to try this fishy week as for the last 2 weeks iv only been losing 1lb. dont really like a lot of fish but love tuna, do you think if i ate tuna all week this would work?

I've just been through the recipe thread and copied all the fish recipes I liked the idea of for today's shop. I hope having a week of fish will also sort out my skin as I have been a bit blotchy of late and I never have any problems with my skin normally. Kedgeree for tea tonight, mmh!

Debt dummy - if you type "Jamie Oliver fish pie" into the search and click on the Minimins circle it is the first or second hit.

im very tempted to try this fishy week as for the last 2 weeks iv only been losing 1lb. dont really like a lot of fish but love tuna, do you think if i ate tuna all week this would work?

There are quite a variety of recipes you could try and include in a week that would still give you variety and be eating fish just with tuna, it might be wirth a try but keep it varied so you dont get too bored and fed up with it?

I think I'm going to attempt 'fish week' next week now after reading this! 8lbs is amazing! I assume I can eat any fish? I'll be on EE. Can I buy frozen fish? I have cooked fish about twice in my whole life so didn't have a clue what to do with it until I read this thread, it's brill!

I think I'm going to attempt 'fish week' next week now after reading this! 8lbs is amazing! I assume I can eat any fish? I'll be on EE. Can I buy frozen fish? I have cooked fish about twice in my whole life so didn't have a clue what to do with it until I read this thread, it's brill!

Yes, just buy fish which doesn't have any sauces added or any little (unnoticed) medallions of butter in the pack. Frozen is fine. I use frozen prawns and just defrost them a few mins before using.

Most fish is OK on EE, I think smoked mackerel is synned though, but ordinary mackerel (in brine or fresh) is OK. Don't buy any tinned fish in oil, just water or brine (sorry if thats obvious).

I have had some prawn stir fries and prawn curries. I sometimes have haddock with breakfast and also just baked fish with veggies etc. (link to my food diary below)

x

Last edited:
im very tempted to try this fishy week as for the last 2 weeks iv only been losing 1lb.
Just a reminder 1 lb weight loss is still well within healthy weight loss and would add up to over 3 and half stone a year. Never refer to one pound as "only" you will be inclined to lose motivation if you are negative about your losses xx

Just a reminder 1 lb weight loss is still well within healthy weight loss and would add up to over 3 and half stone a year. Never refer to one pound as "only" you will be inclined to lose motivation if you are negative about your losses xx

Well said Rosie - there's no such thing as 'only' a pound. It's all valuable and really mounts up.

A pound is a good loss, when someone says they only lost a 1lb our C gives them something that weighs 1lb to hold, you would be pretty chuffed at losing it if you felt it!

Speedy Prawn Curry

4 garlic cloves
2.5 cm fresh root ginger (we use lazy ginger)
2 tbsp curry powder
400g can chopped toms passata
1/2 tsp artificial sweetener
567g cooked prawns
200g v low fat naturalyogurt
S & p
Fresh coriander

syn free

1/ Peel and crush garlic and grate ginger. Place in a pan with curry powder, tomatoes and sweetener. Bring to boil cover and simmer for 8-10mins.
2/ Add cooked prawns and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped coriander.

Delicious

This has become one of my favourite meals, absolutely delicious! Thank you for posting :)

OMG just read this post - I'm not really a fishy eater - although I love prawns and salmon and cod (but from the chippie) - but I think - I shall have a go at this fishy week and see what I can do.

Thank you for the inspiration !

Just wanted to post that I am on day 5 of my fishy week..weigh in on wed at 7pm...so we'll see if it worked for me although this week I am realllly constipatedand feel like I've put on not lost(tmi sorree :eek:)
I've had kippers/scallops/tuna/prawns/ salmon and cod for breakfast lunch and dinner and have to admit to being a little bit fished out but will stick with it till WI. tx for the ideas x

That prawn curry has also become one of my favourites, so easy and quick, heats up well the next day as well

i didnt do a full fishy week but eat tuna everyday for my dinner and managed to lose 2 1/2lb :D was well chuffed.
i know 1lb is a healthy weight loss but i wanted to lose abit more before my holiday

i am doing fish week, i have just brough mackeral and fresh tuna steak and frozen tuna steak

I did a fish week and had 95% fishy meals all week..lost 3lbs :) x

I am chuffed that this is still helping people! I am going to hit the fish again in a couple of weeks, just having a break although I still probably have at least 4 fishy based meals a week

This is my third week on plan, and after a shaky second week (had to miss WI :() I've decided to have a fishy week so I can go back with a great loss!

So far today I've had tuna on my jacket potato for lunch and had a salmon stir fry for dinner! Not sure what will be for lunch tomorrow as I am at work but dinner will be some kind of fresh fish (hopefully sea bass if they've got any in) with new potatoes and veg!

Does anyone else like prawn cocktail on their jacket potato as a fishy alternative to tuna? I love it! :)

Back