My fishy week!

Well I'm on day 3 of fishy week and so far so good. I've made sure I'm eating things I really enjoy - like prawns, fresh tuna, mussels etc. So I don't get bored of it.
I may have a sneaky weigh tomorrow to see if it's made a difference yet. It's a mighty expensive week foodwise though!! So hopefully will pay off...

Just wanted to share some of my recipes so far, I've decided to post each sucessful recipe in the recipe forum. Here are the links:

Chinese tuna & noodles

Spicy Tuna Fishcakes

Creamy Fish Pie

I have been on a fish week this week and weigh in is thursday. Hoping for a good loss this week x

I had a sneaky weigh this morning, and after 4 full on-plan fishy days I'm 2lb down!

Think im going to join in this week :)
Did a full day yesterday prawns and sweet chilli dip with lunch and prawn curry for dinner!
I dont really like strong tasting fish so any ideas which is not so strong i would appreciate!
Sarah83 i used ur prawn curry recipe :) also stealing the other two you posted so thanks :)

I dont really like strong tasting fish so any ideas which is not so strong i would appreciate!

My hubby's the same - he's not a fan of strong tasting fish and I refuse to cook us seperate meals lol! So have been sticking to the 'milder' fish.

Bought from Tesco a Market Value bag of Pollack fillets for only £1.94. There must be at least 6 fillets in the bag so an absolute bargain. It's very mild too, and you cook from frozen.

Last night I dipped the frozen fillets in egg, then coated in a mixture of Paxo breadcrumbs, a crumbled up oxo cube, and some chopped dill. I then baked in the oven alongside my chips for about 20mins.
The crumbs are 5 syns per 28g but I used less than this for 2 of us so only about 2 syns each.
I'm going to use the pollack tomorrow too - with chickpeas, tomatoes and chorizo yum!

I always seem to avoid fish even though I know I like it not found any I don't like yet!

so am a bit nervous! Looks a good idea! I read a couple of threads but no way am I gonna sit and read them all!!

But!!! How do you all do weight loss wise?does it really boost your loss!???!! Desperate to kno, had half pound gain which is nothing but just wanna shift a couple of pounds before Xmas and I am considering a fishy week! Shopping day is Saturday so I would have to shop and start Monday!

So far iv had fishy week since tuesday for lunch and dinner is it supposed to be twice a day?
Tue - L = Chilli prawns D = Prawn Curry
Wed - L = Prawn Curry D = Tuna fishcakes
Thurs - L = Tuna Fishcakes D goin got be Seafood spaghetti

Fri - L Either seafood spaghetti or tuna baked potato D = Fish pie

thats as far as iv got so far does this sounds ok or do i need to change the foods more? Iv been making extra dinner having rest for lunch next day is this ok?

Yep it is two meals a day (if you can manage it!)
I wouldn't worry too much about variety too much - I think it's more that you're eating the fish that matters. What day do you weigh in?

Well done hun, that's fab!

Thinking good thoughts for you for Tuesday then!

Well peeps, fishy week truly does work - I managed to lose 5lbs!!! AMAZING!

right, I have just sat here and read all 45 pages of posts. As I happened to do fish yesterday, I am going to give it a bash (motivation helped by having a colonic yesterday and being told not to eat red meat for at least 24 hrs)

Fingers crossed - I want to loose 8 lbs before Xmas!

Just did Jamie Oliver's fish cakes from his 30 minute meals - 1 hex b amongst four fish cakes (and they are big!) and another 1hex b in oil to cook (breadcrumbs were starting to burn with fry light.

Delicious!

Just did Jamie Oliver's fish cakes from his 30 minute meals - 1 hex b amongst four fish cakes (and they are big!) and another 1hex b in oil to cook (breadcrumbs were starting to burn with fry light.

Delicious!
can u share the recipe with us please :)

Back