My fishy week!

Well, I'm not going to do a full blown fish week as I eat my lunch at my desk at work - Boone really appreciates tuna pongs all afternoon but I'm going to replace as much meat with fish as possible!
I've bought cod pieces, tuna and prawns so I'll see how I get on. Might pop to the fish counter one night after work for a piece of smoked cod. I loooove smoked cod!

Jamie Oliver's fish cakes recipe

1wholemeal brown roll (hexb) - whizzed up into breadcumbs
300g skinned salmon fillets
300g skinned haddock
200g tuna steak (I didn't have this so I used sea bass)
1 lemon
small bunch parsley
1 clove garlic

Put the bread crumbs on a piece of foil
Coarsely food process the fish, with the grated zest of a lemon and the parsley leaves
Add salt and pepper
Mix the fish with two heaped tablespoons of the breadcrumbs
Divide mixture into 4 burger shapes
Place on breadcrumbs and sprinkle remain breadcrumbs over the top
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and put the crushed garlic in the oil and cook the fishcake each side for approx 7 mins.

Jamie suggested serving them with salsa, new pots and a salad.

Really easy and very tasty - and only one hex b between the 4 fishcakes! - I have frozen the remaining 3, already cooked, for a lunch at work. :)

I weigh in tomorrow night then its another fishy blast for me, Just to give me a little boost before xmas :) Glad to see that this thread is still helping people

Does seafood work as well as normal fish? I love prawns etc but do you have to have a good selection of fish for it to work the best? I like fish though so shouldn't be a problem! Just wondering :)

Here is what I had. Breakfasts where missing were neutral (i.e. omelette, beans on toast, tomatoes on toast etc).
I didn't eat that wide a variety of fish as you can see - and quite a lot of it was prawns/seafood rather than fish.

Saturday:
L - Prawn salad

D - Marinated tuna with stir fried veg and noodles. 2.5syns for sesame oil and honey

Sunday:
L - Tuna fishcakes and salad - 0.5 syns for EL Mayo
D - Fish pie, using Bisto cheese sauce mix - 3 syns

Monday:
L - Smoked salmon and philly pasta salad - 1.5syns
D - Paella with mussels, prawns and chorizo - 2.5 syns

Tuesday:
L - Jacket potato with smoked salmon, leek, mushroom & spinach. 1.5syns for extra light cream cheese
D - Pollack coated in breadcrumbs. Served with chips (cooked in HEXB olive oil) & mushy peas

Wednesday:
B - WM Toast topped with sardines
L - BNS baked with spinach, leek & garlic. HEXA cheese
D - Spaghetti with seafood

Thursday:
L - Spicy tuna pasta - 1 syn for olives
D - Baked cod with chickpeas and chorizo - 2.5syns. Served with mash and veg

Friday (only day I didn't do 2 fishy meals):
L - Mushroom & chorizo omelette and SW chips - 2.5 syns
D - Smoked haddock kedgeree

Thanks Sarah - all looks really tasty! I love a fish pie but I usually make it with super fatty pastry lol! Might give this a try next week maybe! 5lbs would be a amazing!

Hey dont get depressed fishy week doesnt work for everyone. I did it and was so good and only lost 1.5lbs which is not a lot as i tend to lose 2lbs. You dont have a lot of weight to lose so maybe thats why you had the gain. Also i think limiting syns can sometimes have the opposite affect as the weeks i had very little i lost little and weeks where i had loads i lost loads. Also because its cold a lot of people arent drinking a lot, have you been drinking enough? Also from the you have had a lot of prawns sometimes varying what you eat day to day helps too and trying to eat as much superspeed as you can everyday will also help. I have also had a bad week but i am going to try and make a good loss this week and have made a batch of superspeed soup. If all else fails and you keep on having gains and sts then maybe you should talk to your consultant about a fast foward week but the consultants dont tend to let you do this strightaway unless you have had a few bad weeks by doing the diet 100% (fast foward is very restrictive) xx

Thanks Safia!
I was just so down yesterday came home and cried my eyes out haha! Feeling a bit better today still have no idea where the gain came from but i am determined to shift 5lbs by x-mas giving me just a stone to lose in the new year!
I tried to get things to make superspeed soup yesterday and there was none at our shops :( going to try again today!
What superspeed soup do you make?
Thanks Kirsty
Ps. Lets get a good loss together this week :)

think i'll be revisiting fish week or several fish days at least from january the second,lol............get my christmas gain off!!
may even attempt a few days prior to christmas as well.

!!!! fish Success!!!

Hi there ive just read on here a post from someone mentioning a fish week and good losses just wondering how many people took part in this and how good their losses were and whether its worth trying plus any other advice i.e how many meals a day had fish included and was it on EE or GR or RD thank you.

Hi I haven't had a fish week but I have been on red for 5 out of the 7 days and I have been having fish for lunch, tuna, cod or haddock.
I lost 3lb this week which I am happy about but I think this is due to having red days and therefore limiting my carbs.

Well, if you've read the 'my fishy week' thread, I think the AMAZING losses speak for themselves :) I don't think I could stomach enough fish, but might try the odd fishy day....!

Sounds like a good idea. I read about people having good losses on red but as a semi-veggie (I eat fish but no other meat) I've never done red days. I might give it a go and also have a "fish week" next week. Mind you, it doesn't sound cheap! Does anyone who's done this have a food diary they could direct me to for ideas?

My partner won't be pleased, he's veggie and doesn't eat fish. But he'll just have to have separate meals for a week.

Back