My Food Diary

I can't get motivated I feel so tired!

I don't know what is wrong with me this morning but I feel so tired. I woke up with a sore head I am struggling to get rid of and I feel very tired and sedated!:cry:
Its not good, I have so much I need to do both here at work and at home this afternoon. I need to get motivated to give the offices a bit of a clean as we have a meeting here in the morning and I usually give the offices a spruce up when required. I also have my admin work to do and as I only have another 3-4 weeks left in work I need to make sure all is up to date and I have to admit I have been slacking a little of late as I can't get my motivation up and going!

This evening I need to leave my car in the garage as it failed its MOT on saturday - the tiniest fault and apparently I got the worst possible examiner - my mechanic hates him as they have had arguments in the past and hes not so fond of women taking their cars in:mad:! So I need to rebook my test and get my nerves together for another bite at the cherry! I also need to make some sandwiches for the meeting tomorrow - another thing I do for a few extra pennies and get my own cleaning down (made all the more important as my landlord is inspecting the house on saturday so a major tidy up of the basement is required) and Jons Nana is arriving in a week as she is staying for the duration of Elles birthday. On top of that I am trying to find a new job! I feel so stressed even thinking about it all......

On the plus side I have some thorntons chocs left and shall be finishing them off when I get home - I know what you mean Mary about them being on special offer, they are so lovely but approx 60 cal each. Jon and I love sitting in bed munching them though so I guess its not a bad treat! (I also eat less of them when he is sitting with me!)

Anyway for today I shall be having:

Breakfast: FF Yogart, apple, banana
Lunch:Jacket potato with beans
Snack: 2 toast with tomato and cheese heb, hea
Dinner: Quorn Sausage, small piece of chicken 4 syns and mash with veg (cauliflower, brocolli, carrotts, butternut squash) and a tiny amount of onion gravy (made with boverill).
Snack: Porrage made with half milk half water heb
Syns: 2 Thorntons chocs 6,

Total syns 10

Last edited:
I'm exhausted reading what you have on Shirley so what are you not like!!! I am so tired at the moment too, this horrible weather isn't helping either. Enjoy those Thorntons tonight hun xx

Thanks Mary, I really feel as my head is spinning sometimes!

Well, my car is all ready I just need to rebook my test tomorrow when I get paid and all is ready for the meeting at work (thank goodness). Now I just need to find a new job that fits perfectly with the kids and win the lottery - just a little bit and life will be good!

I really need to get myself sorted, I'm a bit disapointed with my willpower and need to get going again to lose my remaining 8lb. I need to stop bingeing at the weekends and remain good through the week. I think I am getting a little lazy because I am happy enough with how I look at the moment and I don't have anything coming up that I want to have the weight off for so I am lacking motivation. I think a serious kick up the bum is required!

Anyway, on with the good work, for today I shall be having:

Breakfast: banana, apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, banana
Dinner: Chicken stir fry and noodles heb
Snack: FF Yogart, 2 toast with cheese and tomato, rice crispy bun, 5 syns

Last edited:
Hi hun, reading the bit about no willpower rang a bell with me, the only thing is I have a few things coming up that I should be seriously motivated for but I'm blaming the cold weather and the fact that you can get away with hiding under woolly jumpers!! I've 8lbs to go too hun so we should motivate each other!!!

Hope you have a good day xx

Thursday and getting it all sorted out - at last

well, its Thursday again, where does the week go. My car is fixed and my MOT is rebooked for tomorrow morning - fingers crossed guys!

I managed to not eat my way through the kitched yesterday which was nice and am off shopping tonight so I am rather excited! I love Tescos - you never know what you are going to find and there is a next clearance store next door that I love having a little rummage through on my way in!

Anyway foodwise today I will be having:

Breakfast: FF Yogart, banana, apple
Lunch: Veg soup, apple
Snack: 2 toast and tomato heb
Dinner:Spag bol with cheese, cellery, peppers, onion, carrott and a little butternut squash. heb, hea
Snack: Chocolate Cheesecake - 20 syns (never shop when you are hungry)

Last edited:
Its a really good one, especially after the normal sales! I used to love the one in Leeds apart from the fact it didn't have a changing room. I always manage to pick up a bargain especially shoes - I once bought a pair of black knee boots with a wooden sole (reasonably hard to walk in) reduced from £100 to £20! I have also kitted myself out for a christening in it for £20!

Its Friday and its all good - well nearly

Well, my car passed its MOT this morning thank goodness!:D:D:D:D:D I am so pleased that I have that over for another year! Now I only have to worry about getting another job, the landlords visit tomorrow, nana arriving on Tuesday, what to get Elle for her birthday, how to get to Dublin zoo (with a terrible passenger in the car) and christmas! :confused:

I haven't managed to WI this morning yet as I was in such a panic to get to the test centre (we left the house 10 minutes late) that I didn't get to call in mums. I am going to leave my WI until tomorrow as I always WI first thing in the morning so tomorrow will be more acurate! I don't feel very positive about WI anyway so I don't think an extra day will make any difference!

I am determined to try and have a sensible weekend and not indulge too much. This was helped by Jon last night eating all the goodies that I had bought for the weekend at Tesco - including my ben and jerrys caramel chew chew (a very small tub to stop over indulgence!) and a magnum temptations caramel and almond! I didn't complain too much as I was hungry shopping and I wouldn't normally have bought them so he was doing me a favour!:jelous:

For today I am planning:
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, Apple
Snack: Apple, 2 toast with tomato
Dinner: cheesey meatballs with pasta or chessey burgers with sw chips and veg heb, hea.
Snack:veg soup, 1 dairy milk mini 5.5 syns
Total syns 5.5

Hey Shirley,

Was wondering if you had a food diary - how's the last 8lb going????
I look perusing other peoples menus dont you???

REM

I have my fingers crossed for a lb off this week as I have been a little better behaved but I can't be sure as I feel sluggish and bloated (probally stress). I'm WI in the morning first thing so I have to be good tonight!

The weekends over!

Well, the weekend is over and thankfully I had a good one! I didn't eat too much bad stuff apart from a mcdonalds yesterday which included a caramel mcflurry - which was devine!

My house inspection went great although he hardly looked at anything and I had to ask him to look at all the rooms! I had cleaned to perfection so I wanted him to see them!!!! I also got Elles birthday presents sorted. I can't wait to her birthday now! I also lost 1lb this week so all is good!

For today I shall be grazing on:

Breakfast: ff Yogart, banana
Lunch: Veg soup, banana
Snack: 2x alpen light - heb
Dinner: pork chow mein 1/2 portion - 4 syns for oil, 1 chicken cheese spring roll hea and heb, 10 syns (approx)
Snack: 1 Gu millionaire flap jack mini bite 4 syns
2 diet coke

Total syns 18! (approx)

I will have to think about this evenings snack if I have the energy to eat anything, I am working until 6 (office work and also given the place a clean as we have another meeting in the morning), collecting Jon from work, collecting the kids from mums, dropping callum at his school halloween disco for 6.30, going home, making dinner, bathing elle and putting her into bed, making 24 sandwiches also for the meeting tomorrow , collecting Callum at 8, dropping him off at mums as he is staying there tonight (as I have to collect Jons Nana at the airport at 8 in the morning so mum can drop him off at school) and then going home to collapse as I am having to get up at 5.30:cry::cry: to leave the house in the morning at 6.30! Oh the joy! I can't wait until Friday when we go the zoo with the kids!:D Ah well, I'm sure it will all run smoothly enough. I am looking forward to seeing nana though as she is fantastic and I haven't seen her since August so it will be great having her stay for a while over Elles birthday.

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

What a joy it is to be sitting at my desk not moving!!!! I got everything done last night and even managed a little tidy round! I did however be V naughty and share a pork chow mein with jon and I also had a very greasy chicken cheese roll with sweet chilli dipping sauce!! It was nice but I did feel sick afterwards!

I collected Nana at 8 this morning and left her at home with Elle so hopefully Elle will give her an easy time of it!! I am so looking forward to the weekend with Elles Birthday, going to the zoo and Halloween. We are taking the kids to a Halloween event where they have a witch trial - jon asked if I would be voluntering - cheeky monkey, a tunnel of terror and fireworks etc. I can't wait as they also have an owl show as I love owls! I just hope that I don't go mad eating all sorts of naughty things though as only 7 lb to go!!!

Anyway for today I shall be having~
EE
Breakfast: banana, FF yogart
Lunch: Veg soup - 2 biscuits (8 syns)
snack: 3 pieces of chocolate - 6 syns
Dinner: Kheema Curry with rice:Dyum yum
Snack:2 pieces of chocolate and handful of nuts - heb and 7 syns

All in all a naughty day - best laid plans eh!

Last edited:
Well yesterday didn't exactly go to plan and I fell off the wagon a bit when faced with chocolate. Boy did it make me feel sick! I think I will try and be a little better today although i think this whole week may be a bit of a disaster - and next week as well now that I think about it!! Nana is staying with us until Bonfire night and between now and then we are going on Dublin zoo, going to a Halloween event, Elles birthday and having family round for a get together.

I don't think that I will manage to get WI this week as we are setting off early on Firday morning and Saturday will probally be a write off! So with that in mind I think I will not officially WI until Friday week. This may be subject to change though as I won't be able to resist hopping onto mums scales at some point!

So for today I am planning to have:
Breakfast: Banana, Apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, apple
Snack: 3 chocolates 6 syns
Dinner: Stir fry veg with peppered beef stripes and noodles, heb
Snack: 4 chocolates - 8 syns

I have a really busy day today as I need to drop off 2 application forms for job (14 miles apart), get my contraception injection at the dr and hopefully get Elle a halloween costume (I think I may have left it a little late) so I am hoping that this will stop me from snacking on rubbish!:confused:

Last edited:
Thursday - I'm off work tomorrow woohoo!

Well got everything done yesterday that I had planned to do and even managed to get Elles costume!:D:D

I did however manage to buy 2 1lb bags of "misshaped" chocs from the pound shop (they are all gadbury choc, mosty caramels that arent totally smooth on the bottom or some may not be totally filled with caramel ie part choc, part caramel) the bag I opened last night was filled with hazel nut in caramel from the roses tin. There was nothing wrong with them and unfortunately I managed to scoff a few! I am hoping that I will managed to be a little more self controlled tonight as I am already being naughty and having lasagne! :eek:

I won't be on here tomorrow as we are heading to the zoo, I am packing a picnic so please pray for good weather and I will try to stick to plan as much as poss!!!:rolleyes:

I am off to the Designer Outlet and Tesco at banbridge for a nosey tonight and I will hopefully avoid Thorntons and maybe find a little bargain for me!

So for today I am having to eat:
G
Breakfast Banana, Apple
Snack: Veg soup, packet of thorntons chocolate covered raisens 8 syns!
Lunch: Jacket potato with cheese and beans hea
Dinner: Chinese so I will be having a chicken chow mein me thinks! 3 syns for oil etc

Last edited:
Back