My Food Diary

Enjoy your shopping and your day to the zoo, will keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you. I have never been to that outlet centre, I live close to the Junction one outlet so frequent it a fair bit. Have a lovely weekend xx

Weekends over now back to work and SW!!!

WOW, what a weekend it has been! Elle had a great birthday and we managed to find Dublin zoo - eventually:confused:!!

Unfortunately Dublin City council don't seem to think that sign posts for major attractions are a good way of spending their budget - that is all I am saying on the matter!!!!

Apart from that little blip the kids (and us aldults) had a great time. Its a fantastic zoo and laid out really well. We saw Hippos and Rhinos for the first time ever which was wonderful (nearly everything else we have seen before at other zoos). Elle loved the monkeys and Callum didn't act too much like one so all was good!

We went to a Halloween event on Saturday night which was great, the kids dressed up (we eventually got elle to put her costume on and when she decided she liked it would not take it off until bedtime on Sunday!!). The fireworks were great and so were the fire jugglers so all in all it was a great success.

How did your Halloween party go Mary?? I bet you had a great time.

Unfortunatley I have been totally off plan this week and am dreading Friday like no other before! I am guessing that I have put on at least 3lb!!! I managed to stay the same last week which was a miracle but I have been suffering with a runny bum since then so I am guessing with that and eating like a pig my body will be in major turmoil and will hang onto any fluid etc. So anything less than 3lb I will be pleased with!!!!

So, for today and hopefully back on track I am having:
Green
Breakfast: Banana, apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, banana
Snack: 2 toast with cheese and tomato
Dinner: Chicken Diopiaza with rice and small piece of nann (need to check syns)
Snack: Cheesy chips.
Syns: 1 glass of wine 5 syns, 1 Dairy milk bar 5 syns, 1 small piece of choc cake and 2 teaspoons of low fat custard 4 syns.

Fingers crossed I stick to this as I have been going off track in the evenings no matter how good I am during the day!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Glad you had a great time hun, I have never been to Dublin zoo, just the Belfast one, am guessing that the Dublin one would be much better? I wouldn't worry too much hun, you had a lot on and enjoyed it, just try to draw a line under it and start again. I had been so bad too but trying very hard to be good again though the scales were bad this morning :( I had a fab party thanks, lovely food, wine, fireworks and everyone was in good form. Good luck for fri! xx

Thanks girls I hope I manage to claw something back in the next few days!:rolleyes::fingerscrossed:

Weemo, Dublin Zoo is a bit better, for a start its all on the flat which makes it a lot easier to walk round. They have some animals that Belfast don't have as well like the rhino and hippos and the enclosures are in my opinion a little better but all in all they are both great zoos. We will defiantley be back in the summer (now that I know where it is!!).

Well Nana flys back to England this evening,:airplane: I really will miss her although she has royally done my head in at times as we totally don't agree about disciplining the kids and Callum knows this and drives me bonkers as he thinks he can get away with it. Kids eh, who would have them!!:giveup:

So for today I am going to try and stick with being good and have a 100% day

Green
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart, Apple
Lunch: Jacket Potato with beans, banana, apple (hungry today, am worried about eating too many bananas though, but the fact they are so cheap in Tesco makes them all the better!)
Dinner: (very early around 4 as going to the airport) Shepherds pie made with lean lamb mince, peppers, cellery and onion heb and hea for cheese
Snack: bowl of porrage made with milk heb, hea
Syns: 2 cadbury fingers 2 syns

Last edited:
Friday - wi day and its not good but better than expected!

Well, I left Nana to the airport yesterday. I was really sad to see her go as we get on so well and its nice to have her around (even though she drives me mad about the kids!):cry::cry::cry:

I managed to get my shopping done on the way home without too much hassle even though the kids were really tired by that stage. I even bought myself some skinny jeans from Tesco in a size 10 and when I tried them on at home they are too big around the tummy!!! I will have to try the size 8:jelous: (they must be very generous in Tesco where sizes are concerned as there is no way on this earth I am anywhere near a size 8!).

I also WI this morning and I have put on 2lb. I thought I may have put on about 3lb but in my heart I hoped that I may have managed to claw back some kind of small gain ie 1lb or a sts! I amazing that even though I knew how much rubbish I had eaten I still hoped that I had managed to fluke it!!! Anyway there are a few more weeks left to christmas when I want to be at target so if I get my head down now and get cracking I may just get there. I have also found out that my brother is coming over to stay at the end of the month so I will want to get a few more lb off by then!

So for today I will be having:

Breakfast: banana, apple, FF yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, banana
Snack: tomato and cheese toastie - heb and 1/2 hea
Dinner: chicken schezuen with noodles -5 syns for sauce and peanuts, heb for chicken
Drinks: 2 glasses of wine 10 syns however we don't have the kids tonight so we may end up heading out so the drinks are subject to change!!!!

I am planning to be really good this weekend and tomorrow and sunday look like this:
Saturday
breakfast: scrambed egg with tomato and scallion
lunch: Jacket potato with cheese and beans hea
Snack: 2 toast with tomato heb or porrage
Dinner: Beef stir fry with Oyster sauce - 2 syns for sauce heb
Syns: 2 glasses of wine 10 syns

Sunday:EE
Breakfast; 2 toast (or one half soda instead) with tomato, scrambled egg, quorn sausage and beans heb
Late Lunch: Roast duck - no skin, sw friendly roasties, baby potatoes and various veg ie: roasted carrotts, butternut squash, peppers, peas
Snack: FF Yogart, Banana, Apple
Syns: 1/2 Magnum Tempation (need to check syns bet they will be high!)

Hopefully all goes to plan and that I don't go mad at any stage as I really want that 2lb off for next week. Wish me luck!

sorry you had a gain ( i did too bit i'm not going to talk about it) But at least you know why and you had a good weekend,and thats important too.
Wow on the jeans front!!
Good luck for the comming week

Great news about the jeans hun! Bet you are chuffed, I would be! You are sounding determined to get that gain shifted and that's the main thing, it's great that you have planned for the weekend too because if you are anything like me that is the hardest time!! All your food sounds delish, loving the wine too :) Enjoy your weekend, xx

Thanks hun, tried to rep you but need to spread it around!!! The jeans are really nice too and lovely and tight around my calves just like skinnies should be so I was a little disapointed that they were too big. I had thought about keeping them anyway and just wearing a belt but then remembered that I do actually want to loose more weight and then they really would be too big to get away with it. I didn't notice if they had any size 8's either as it isn't a size that I would ever look for!! Fingers crossed though that I get them and that I can fit into them!!!!

I am super organised this week and have eaten nearly all the naughty stuff in the house so that should make it easier! Only problem is that Jon is now talking about going out for tea tonight as we don't have the kids but I think I may try and change his mind reminding him that we have "free" food in the house and that we could just go out for a quick drink instead and have an early night! (that is one problem with having relatives staying with you!!!!! lol)

The Weekend is over and now its back to work

Well the weekend is over and I managed to eat my own body weight in buns etc. Its so not good. I was sat on my sofa last night thinking about what to eat next even though I felt midly sick from the amount of buns I had just eaten. I just doesn't make sense I want to loose weight and get to target but I just couldn't stop. I also lost it with Callum this morning because I had discovered that he hadn't eaten any of his lunch on Friday (he has left his lunch box in the back of my mums car and I only got it back late last night so I hadn't looked in it). He had been really badly behaved over the weekend and last week when Nana was here and the whole lunch thing was the straw that broke the camels back. I am so upset that I lost my temper though I should have just shrugged it off and said what ever instead of ranting at him like some mad woman. :cry::cry::cry:

I ended up being late for work as I ended up at mums crying as I just don't know what to do to get him to behave and do as he is told the first time he is told so. On top of that I have an interview on Thursday for a new job but I don't know whether to go for the interview or not as if I do get it I may not be able to get there on time in the mornings as I have to drop Callum off at school and at the moment I also drop Jon off at work and elle to either the childminders or to my mums. I really feel as if I am torn in all directions and can't win. I am so worried that I won't be able to get another Job - not that we desperatly need me to work we would be able to manage if I didn't (just) but I also like working it gives me the self confidence I need and I also know that I am contributing to the house and have my own money etc.

I am also beating myself up over not eating well this weekend even though I know in my heart that I shouldn't be worried at the moment that I should be concentrating on everything else and letting SW take a back seat but I can't seem to go easy on myself.

I think I need to sit down with Jon tonight and talk about the job first and foremost as I will need to let them know if I will not be attending, I will then need to talk to mum about the possibility of her taking Callum to school if I drop him off in the morning (If I got the job) and if my childminder can take Elle earlier ie before 8am so I can get to work on time (the problem I have is that where I will be going to work gets so congested in the morning that it takes 30 mins just to get a mile and then theres the parking!). The only thing is I will end up feeling guilty about getting mum to take him to school as she only works 2 days so she gets a bit of a sleep in the other days (apart from Monday when she has Elle).:confused: aggghh I don't know what to do - apart from de stress and try and relax!:jelous:

I think tonight I will run myself a nice hot bath (as I can't have a shower as it is currently leaking through the living room ceiling every time it is turned on!! My uncle is the landlords plumber so he will also be feeling my rath when I manange to speak to him) together a couple of vodkas & diet coke and a nice long think. Hopefully that will be just what I need to sort it all out.

Sorry for the rant guys I just can't seem to get my head straight at the moment and I am biting everyones head off. I do feel better for writing it all down though!

Anyway for today I shall be trying to only eat: Green
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, apple
Snack:1 toast heb
Dinner: duck stir fry with noodles (teaspoon sauce) heb
Snack: Egg pancakes with duck and hoi sin sauce yummy just like crispy pancakes
Syns: 1 bun with icing 7 syns, quark and nuttella with banana and 1/3 lf digestive biscuit 3 syns, Hoi Sin Sauce 2 syns

Last edited:
Much More positve

I am feeling loads more positive today and back to my old self thanks mainly to Jon!!

I had a very relaxed evening last night, Callum stayed at Mums last night to give me a little break this morning so I only had Elle and even though she was being a monkey and not going to bed last night I was calm.

Jon and I watched Tv in bed and I made Duck pancakes which were lovely and Syn free apart from the sauce. It really was great! I ordered some post toddler books from the internet and did some research on why boys behave the way they do so I am armed with a little more information when it comes to dealing with problems so this has also made me more positive about the situation.

Mum sat down and spoke to Callum last night and she managed to talk a little sense to him and make him understand that I do have a lot of things on my plate and that he can't be winding me up for fun etc. So fingers crossed we shall be living in a more harmonous house from now on!

Food Wise I am doing another green day today (I think I need to start chucking in a few red days soon!)

Breakfast: FF Yogart, Banana
Lunch: Apple, Veg soup
Snack: Scrambled egg with tomato
Dinner: Chicken with tomatoes, peppers, cellery, onion etc and sw chips - not sure yet I was going to do curry but having a curry night with friends on Saturday night!:confused: heb
Snack: Tiny bag of chocolate buttons 3.5 syns
handful of nuts and 1 alpen light bar heb

Last edited:
oh Sanchi,you have it all going on atm dont you. juggling family and work is hard and my youngest is a little wind up merchant too!!
Deal with one thing at time. sounds like your mum has callum covered,now you need to work out if it will be feasable for you to take this job otherwise as you say no pint going for interview.
Glad things do seem more positive this morning and i hope you get things sorted out hun.
As for the eating,put the weekend behind you ,you cant go back and change what happend so you can only go forwards!

Thanks hun, I tried to rep you but need to spread it around!! I hate that saying!!!

Its so hard trying to sort kids out isn't it. I never know if I am doing the right thing and no matter what I do I feel guilty. I need to be a little more relaxed though as I feel that I rant too much and fly off the handle far too quickly. I guess though that me being calm will have to be something to practice and will take time to perfect in an argument situation!!!!:D

I spoke to Jon about the job last night and we have agreed that I should go for the interview and if offered the job then I will ask if I can change the hours for a 9.30 start instead of 9 as this would make a hugh difference in traffic and my panic levels!! So come Thursday I shall be a nervous as they come!! I tried on my interview suit last night and its a size too big top and bottom but I shall be wearing it anyway as I can't afford a new suit at this moment in time. I'm still pleased that its too big though!!!! x

*hugs* hope things improve for you with Callum. You have a lot on your plate at the moment. Am glad to hear you sounding a lot more positive though. As Jane said just put the weekend behind you and move forward. Good luck for your interview on Thursday, believe it or not the people interviewing you can be nervous too (I used to sit on interview boards and I do think I was as nervous as the person being interviewed!!) ~ I have kept that in mind when I had to go to interviews. Will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

*hugs* hope things improve for you with Callum. You have a lot on your plate at the moment. Am glad to hear you sounding a lot more positive though. As Jane said just put the weekend behind you and move forward. Good luck for your interview on Thursday, believe it or not the people interviewing you can be nervous too (I used to sit on interview boards and I do think I was as nervous as the person being interviewed!!) ~ I have kept that in mind when I had to go to interviews. Will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks hun I will bear that in mind when I go. Thankfully I had the chance last night to sit down and break everything down into managable pieces which make me feel less overwhelmed and that has worked. It just seems at the moment that when one thing is out of the way something else takes its place!! Jon and I are getting on better than ever (hes still a lazy get but I guess I can live with that) which is making life a lot easier to bear!

It is so cold this morning!!! I am currently trying to defrost my fingers by typing to get them working again! Last night I was very good and made sw chips - they turned out delish so I had loads with stir fried chicked with tinned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, cellery spices and garlic - very yummy and no syns!! I am thankfully starting to feel like I am getting back in SW and enjoying finding ways round eating sweet things by making SW friendly alternatives etc!

As for Callum he is still driving me mad but I am trying to deal with it a little better for example we went to pick Jon up from work last night and I had asked Callum not to run around the store as Elle will run after him and she is harder to control etc and as soon as I had said it he run off, I really wanted to cry as it felt as if he wanted to hurt me by doing exactly th opposite of what I had asked. I dealt with it by giving him some toast instead of a proper tea and sending him to bed half an hour earlier than he would normally go to bed. Hopefully this will do the trick and get him to behave.

For today I shall be eating:

Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, Apple
Snack: porrage
Dinner: Shepherds Pie heb, hea
Snack: sm bag of mini fingers 5.5 syns
Vodka and diet coke 2.5 syns

Total syns 7.5 (hopefully!)

Last edited:
Glad you are back on track hun, I spent ages on here looking through all the recipes for ideas so that I can at least try to stay on track. The weather has certainly got cold ~ I'm sitting with my hot chocolate at the moment, got the one Jay said about and it is very nice :) Good luck again for tomorrow xx

Back