My Food + My Life + My Journey... Here goes!

Right its that time again! You guessed it.. Monday RANT!

Firstly, that big arse of a half boyfriend (cant really call him a full one seeing as we only went out a couple of times) now turns around and says to me I remind him of his ex and thats made him realise he still loves her. Like seriously could you not have figured that one out before you decided to date me. What a falafal. And then he has the cheek to say to me oh well i'll let you know when i'm ready. Well have you thought that I may not be ready when you are. Tough sh*t you lost your chance now mate! ergh men are so irritating seriously i just want to kick them and throw stones at their heads.
Secondly, my belly pain is annoying me and I want to scream.
Thirdly, the above has annoyed me even more that i want a chocolate, but I will not have one, because all they have is snickers and mars and i want to lose weight more then I want to indulge in sugar and caramel (oh god... caramel)
What else do I have to rant about? I dunno. I'm sure theres plenty of things to rant about, but i'm too annoyed! Blerghhhhhhhhhhhh!

On a positive note, im going to watch the final twilight on Wednesday. O M G, I cannot wait to see Jacob. *Droooooooool*

Ok back to work.

Morning all!!

Today I promise I will not rant on about rubbish!! My first day back at work wasn't too bad actually! Went super quick and my belly pains vanished late afternoon which was good because I didnt fancy driving an hour home in pain! Dinner changed (as it usually does), I ended up having mash with steamed broccolli, carrots and cauliflour (the veg packet thingys) and with the chicken I cooked it with onions, garlic and mushrooms in a spicy tomato sauce, which was quite nice actually. I have a tendency to just throw things in a pot when i'm tired, and touch wood, so far its never been that disastrous!! I also realised something i never even noticed before. I take ortisan tablets every now and then, i think there predominantly made out of figs, but they help keep me regular (TMI i know lol) but I never thought to think of how many calories where in it, so I had a look yesterday and realised one cube had 22 cals, which is 1 syn! Doh! which makes my syns yday to 8.5 rather than 7.5!!

I know I really shouldnt, but I have to confess I am a serial weigher! Although for some people it can get a bit addictive, I do weigh myself generally most mornings just to see how my weight is fluctuating which I know it does during the week, and I disregard it all before my official weigh in, but for me it serves as a great motivational tool. If the weight goes down, I feel great and motivated to continue, if the weight STS or goes up, it irritates me and motivates me to have a better day in terms of food!

Today I weighed in at 190, 2lbs less than yesterday, which made me feel great!

Anywhos, this is what i'm having today:

B: 1 weetabix (1/2 HeB) with milk (HeA) and sugar (2 syns)
S: Banana + Muller light
L: Left over chicken + mash + steamed veg
S: Alpen light (1/2 HeB) + RS Walkers French Fries (4 syns)
D: SW bacon broccolli and mushroom quiche with smash base with baked beans and a salad
S: Low calorie jelly (0.5 syns)

Total: 6.5 syns

I may not eat all of this and if anything changes i will edit tonight, I just like to map out all of my food intake in the morning because i'm less likely to go off track then.

Drama at the office today! One of my colleagues decided to storm out, which has left me in a bit of a plum situation because now I have to cover all his customers as well as mine! Poop.. gonna be a busy day!!

Hugs and Kisses,
Peri

I tend to turn into a serial weigher, but i have a tendency to dwell on the numbers even though i know my weight can change so much in a week, i manage to stop myself getting on for a week or so but then end up weighing again.

Good luck with the customers..glad i dont have to deal with any of those, just my boss pulling a strop occasionally :p

I tend to turn into a serial weigher, but i have a tendency to dwell on the numbers even though i know my weight can change so much in a week, i manage to stop myself getting on for a week or so but then end up weighing again.

Good luck with the customers..glad i dont have to deal with any of those, just my boss pulling a strop occasionally :p

Haha im quite lucky my manager is amazing, she just lets you get on with whatever you need to! But crisis has been averted as hes back again in a jolly mood as if nothing ever happened (strange!) im so nosey I really want to know what happened, but i tend to just stay out of peoples person matters in the workplace! oh well at least I dont have to take on extra customers! I have lesson plans to draft up all day today and I really dont have the time! (but I do have time for minimins LOL)

Do you think its possible to pee all the weight out with green tea, sure feels like thats whats happening!

Haha im quite lucky my manager is amazing, she just lets you get on with whatever you need to! But crisis has been averted as hes back again in a jolly mood as if nothing ever happened (strange!) im so nosey I really want to know what happened, but i tend to just stay out of peoples person matters in the workplace! oh well at least I dont have to take on extra customers! I have lesson plans to draft up all day today and I really dont have the time! (but I do have time for minimins LOL)

Do you think its possible to pee all the weight out with green tea, sure feels like thats whats happening!

My boss is a bit like that...when he's in a good mood anyway

I keep trying to pea it out with herbal teas...doesn't seem to work no matter how many times it makes me go haha

haha, i've not had any today yet, though i feel a cup of apple and cinnamon tea calling me soon

I hope you gave the man child what for Peri. Wah wah wah - poor him and his inner turmoil. Wish him all the best and kick his sorry ass to the kerb!

On another unrelated note... have you thought about a different breakfast once in a while? Something slower releasing, not wheat based. Like porridge with berries or poached eggs on a slice of granary. I think you'd find that this kept you fuller for longer and it really helps to beat cravings.

Just an idea anyway

ooo apple and cinammon? that sounds nice? i just stick to the tetleys with lemon, too scared to venture out and try others, especially now that my taste buds are aquainted to the tetleys (i'll still call it pond water though!)

Yup, i love my fruit teas...and as I said that my colleague has dumped a box of green tea leaves on my desk for me to try later. I love the tetleys redbush vanilla tea too, thats actually probably my favourite. I'd rather have the flavoured tea/tetleys vanilla than normal tea.

I hope you gave the man child what for Peri. Wah wah wah - poor him and his inner turmoil. Wish him all the best and kick his sorry ass to the kerb!

On another unrelated note... have you thought about a different breakfast once in a while? Something slower releasing, not wheat based. Like porridge with berries or poached eggs on a slice of granary. I think you'd find that this kept you fuller for longer and it really helps to beat cravings.

Just an idea anyway

That is a good idea, and I generally have breakfasts like this on the weekend when I have time, I've just always stuck to weetabix because its quick and easy for me to eat in the morning as im ALWAYS in a rush!! literally have to inhale my breakfast in 5 mins! I know I know I could wake up earlier, but my body doesnt let me! :( lol, and im not a huge fan of porridge, usually because i cant eat it when its hot! I have to wait for it to go cold and that takes time as well, however saying that i may try to wake up in the morning, make my porridge, and then get ready so by the time its cooled down im changed and ready to wolf it down!

Yup, i love my fruit teas...and as I said that my colleague has dumped a box of green tea leaves on my desk for me to try later. I love the tetleys redbush vanilla tea too, thats actually probably my favourite. I'd rather have the flavoured tea/tetleys vanilla than normal tea.

Im not a fan of vanilla, i did once have a cranberry and something flavoured tea at my hairdressers.. may try hunt it down, but it doesnt contain green tea extract does it which is meant to help with weight loss? meh im not too sure, it keeps me off the fizzies and the tea so I guess I cant complain!

no, there are a fair few flavoured green tea around though

OK.. try this idea then - which is super yummy!

Take a glass jar with one of those flip metal sealers. Or err any glass jar. Layer in slices of banana, blueberries, grated apple, a few nuts, chopped apricots< whatever fruit you fancy really > and add dried porridge oats. Top with natural yogurt. Stir or shake. Leave overnight and it is delicious in the morning. Lasts a few days too.

OK.. try this idea then - which is super yummy!

Take a glass jar with one of those flip metal sealers. Or err any glass jar. Layer in slices of banana, blueberries, grated apple, a few nuts, chopped apricots< whatever fruit you fancy really > and add dried porridge oats. Top with natural yogurt. Stir or shake. Leave overnight and it is delicious in the morning. Lasts a few days too.

That sounds so scrummy!! Might try that tonight.. mmmmm I will post a pic with the results! nommmmm!

I just had my lunch and i think my belly is about to explode, but it was so yummy!! Although im not to sure it was a good idea eating cauliflour and broccolli when im at work (IYKWIM) lol!

Passion fruit and pomegranate is delicious in it too. Anything really. It looks fab in the jar too. And tastes lovely! Let me know what you think. Also good with muesli instead of porridge oats

Morning all!

First of all I have to admit - Gretagrip - I didn't have any time last night to prepare oats.. poopy. I think I may get all the stuff i need this weekend and prepare a massive batch for next week!

Yesterday night was a bit crazy, first i made my sw quiche, and I think I either put too many veg in it in ratio to the cottage cheese/eggs mix, or not enough eggs, because I cooked it for 40 mins as I usually do, but when I took it out it was all leaking with water, quite wierd actually.. I still ate it but it didnt taste as good as normal. Maybe its because I put mushrooms in it and I know mushrooms leak water when cooked? I'm not too sure!
Then half an hour after putting my candles on (im obsessed with candles and have to put them on every evening), i noticed some wierd pinky stuff on the floor (my candle is pink) and to my shock, the damn candle had burst and was dripping allll over my fireplace, floorboards and everything around it! ergh so I spent half an hour scrubbing the damn wax off everything!

I then spent an hour trying to explain sw to my mum, but that failed miserably, she cant seem to get to grips with it in the slightest, but I've given her all the books and told her to REVISE! i'll test her tonight ;) lol

So this is what I will be eating today:

B: 1 weetabix (1/2 HeB) + milk (HeA) + sugar (2 syns) - I've decided to cut down on my 2 weetabix and have just 1 instead, because i'm never really that hungry when I leave home, so this way i'm still feeding myself, but I can have an extra Alpen light mid morning instead!
MMS: Banana + Mullerlight
L: Sw quiche (Mushrooms, Leek, Bacon) with smash base + Beans + Plum
MAS: Walkers French Fries (4 syns - I realised I was counting the wrong amount of syns for this as I have the smaller packet!)
D: 2 Fried eggs, SW chips, beans, 2 quorn sausages (2 syns) and some lettuce and cucumber on the side

Total syns: 8 syns

Pond Water count: so far on my second mug and its only 10am - I give it another half hour before I start rushing to the loo every 10 mins lol

I'm also super bummed out that I wanted to go watch twilight tonight, but it isnt showing at any cinemas any more! boo hoo :( cant believe I missed my chance to watch it in the cinema! how irritating.. looks like ill have to stream it on my laptop.. just not good enough and im too impatient to wait till it comes out on DVD! I'm also stressing out a bizzle as its one of my best friends bday on saturday and shes planned a meal and a night out. May have to attempt to flexysyn for the first time since ive been on plan.. no idea how many syns to set myself! Especially cos I have no idea where we are going to eat!
And more importantly.. what do I wear! oh bum. but to think this time next year, ill be such a skinny minny, finding clothes to wear on a night out will be a doddle! fingers crossed!!

Anyways I hope everyone enjoys their hump day!

Much love!
Peri x

p.s also naughtily weighed myself again this morning and i'm down 3lbs from Mon :eek:

Last edited:
Quick update:

Mullerlight Pineapple and Peach flavour is probably the worst tasting yoghart ive ever had. yuck yuck yuck. And its now half 2 and ive given up on the pond water, so im onto the regular water. I'm so good staying away from the tea! Well done me! I remember the days where I couldnt go a day in the office without having at least 4 or 5 cups of tea (naughty considering i put in 2 teaspoons of sugar in each time.. thats 10 teaspoons of sugar.. !!)
As well as that my quiche tasted soooo much nicer today! mmm but my lunch filled me up so much I dont think ill eat my low cal jelly! That damn jelly has been sitting in my bag for 2 days now. oh well saves me on the 0.5 syns i guess! The more i save now the less guilty i will feel about saturday!
Ok back to work now before I get fired.. pretty much been on minis all day. So addictive you slimming world folk!

Last edited:
Mawwwwning all!

Ok so i was a bit naughty yesterday and i didnt have my superfree with my dinner last night, but omg quorn sausages are so much nicer than the LM ones, and there only 1 syn each. Nice Nice Nice. Love it!

Did sneak a peak on the scales AGAIN this morning (i really should hide them or something) and its up 1lb again, but still overall 2lb less then Monday's weigh in. Hey ho, thats how the body works I guess. I'm not really going to set that in stone as its not my official weigh in day!

I've also had a brainwave and tried to gauge what the damage will be on saturday. I'm not sure what were eating yet so I can't really figure out to eat and how many syns it will be, but i've figured a JD and diet coke will be 4 syns. I never really have more than 4 or 5 drinks a night so that would be max 20 syns on alcohol. Now I just need to work out my syn damage on food. I reckon 40 syns for the day will be more than enough! I'll just make sure I keep the rest of the food for that day superfood and super good!

I'm also contemplating changing my WI to fridays. Cus i figured most likely damage to my diet will happen on a weekend and then im WI straight after that on a Monday morning, whereas if I have the damage at the beginning of the diet week (which would theoretically be Sat if WI is Fri) then I have the whole week to work off the damage made on the weekend. If that even makes sense. Although in all fairness its not like I have to flexisyn every weekend, it just seems to be this month all the parties are happening! I'll see what happens Monday and then take it from there I guess! I know I have heard a lot of people say that WI in the middle of the week is better than a Monday or a weekend. Meh I've just confused myself!

Anywhos.

Heres my food diary for today: (Green Day - Usually EE)

B: 2 weetabix (1st HeB) + milk (1st HeA) + Sugar (2 syns)
S: Banana + 2 Alpen Light Bars (2nd HeB)
L: Jacket potato with cheese (2nd HeA) and beans with salad (and I have actually brought the salad with me to work so no excuses!)
S: Mullerlight (Mango and Passion - I'm never going near peach and pineapple again!!:sign0137:)
D: Pasta with veggies (peppers, onions, leeks, sweetcorn) in a tomato sauce with some cheese on top (3 syns)

Pretty low on syns today so I will see how I feel in the evening and I may have a kitkat, but Im not going to count it in yet as I thought I would have one yday and I didnt.

Total Syns: 5

I know some people who also do their syns weekly, so looking at it that way my weekly syn allowance is max 105 and so far ive had like 27 i think :S .. if i have 5 tomorrow then I have only had 32 and if I have 5 on sunday which makes 37, i have more then enough for the saturday (50 +) anyways. (sorry for my calculations there!)

Am I even able to count it like that? idk - suggestions on that would be much appreciated!

Right best get to work, before I get sacked.. pretty sure I said that yesterday too..

oh oh oh.. p.s I brought a skater skirt yday FINALLY after searching for one for ages! Its not a leather one (which is what I wanted! - if anyone used to watch american x factor or follows the kardashians, then they will have seen khloe kardashian odam wear one with a white shimmery shirt, and thats the one I want but finding one has been the hardest thing ever! Oh well it gets delivered today so tonight I'll see if its any good! ASOS - free returns! like!

Adios Amigos!
x

Back