My Food + My Life + My Journey... Here goes!

Hey, hope you enjoy the snow and even get to have a day off work to play in it.

Your lunch looks lovely by the way. Oh and you're not strange at all :)

Hi Guys!

Well, I didnt get the day off.. poop, and yes im at work! double poop. But the snow is coming down hard now so i reckon were probably going to shut at 1 or 2! Woo to the early weekend!

Gemcake - thanks for the sub! If you have a diary let me know ill defo be reading it! and your right it is interesting to see ppl of same weight/height/goals get on! And if your craving pizza why not make a smash pizza, or a tortilla wrap pizza or a pitta bread pizza.. mmmmm now im hungry! ergh damn food!

Toots - Thanks for not calling me strange, wish my mom would say that to me now and then, but to be honest i enjoy being a bit wierd! makes my life more interesting! How are you holding up now hun? I hate seeing people upset, I do wish I could come and give you a big cuddle!

Friday Friday Fridaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I love today's because I know I can lie in tomorrow morning! PLUS tomorrow is my new weigh in day, and of course as you all know by now i am a serial weigher and yes i did the deed this morning! 2.5lbs down from Monday! Yey! 0.5lbs more and i get my first shiny!! COME ON I CAN DO IT!

I think i weigh everyday because i just have this constant fear that all the weight ive lost so far is just miraculously gonna be back on again! I know it probably won't but sometimes i feel like this weight loss journey is too good to be true. I sometimes sit down and think, i dont even feel like im on a diet, maybe its just my scales, or my floor, or gravity?!
Not once in these 5 weeks have I actually felt ive been on a diet! I do miss my indian food here and there but honestly i lovee eating this way!

Anyways on to today:

B: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with sugar (2 syns) and milk (HeA)
S: 2 Carrots + Pear
L: Left over Bolognase from yday with some lettuce + Quavers (4.5 syns) + Options Mint Hot choccy (2 syns)
S: Muller light + Banana
D: Nando's style chicken (cooked in nandos seasoning and sauce - 2 syns) + SW Wedges + Salad
S: The 2 syn instant choccy pudding (Gonna try it out for the first time - good luck me!)

Total syns: 12.5

My sister was meant to be coming down today but with the snow im not sure if she will be able to make it :( sad times! I do miss her skinny lil butt.. So wierd when you go from a house of 5 (mum dad and 2 sisters) to just 3 (lil sis @ uni and older sis married and buggered off to birms) Sometimes im glad im at work most of the time because i don't feel as lonely as i would feel if my sisters were around, because we are literally the best of friends! Humph! Oh well, everyone needs to flee the nest at some point!

Whining out the way!

+ The toilets are now gross pee free! Yey!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Mwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! ;)

Last edited:
Snow here too, the kind hearted owner told us we can take half a day as long as we use our annual holiday or we can work our lunch and go home at 4 instead of 5...how nice of him >_< And the snow is really heavy too, bet my cars snowed in on the car park!

He's changed his mind I can go at 2.30 cos i have to drive 15 miles home. Thats if i can get my car off the car park xD

mmm nandos chicken! I've never even bought any of their sauces?! Must try some. I've got the piri piri chip crinkle what i looove :D xx

My favourite meal is chicken marinaded in the hot marinade (got it for Christmas!) and chips done in the actifry with the chip sprinkle and lots of yummy grilled veg! :D Enjoy dinner, I might join you in having the same :D

Lol I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how everyone loves nandos! I just got home so im snuggled up in my new onsie (its so warmm) with a options hot choccy and my lappy ready to watch some well deserved 90210!!
Joanne you should defo try the sauces. I know they have marinades but i never actually use them to marinade the chicken! I beat my chicken flat, spray it with some frylight and coat it in peri peri chip sprinkle! And then when its cooking on a griddle pan i lightly coat it with the medium sauce on both sides. It burns nicely on the griddle and gives it that nice burnt bbq taste! mmmm! But the chip sprinkle is a godsend! I use it on practically everything!!
Laura defo join me! NANDOS PARTY! That meal u described is a regular for me! Except i dont have veg, i burn a corn on the cob on the hob (ooo that rhymeded) until it burns and then rub it in chilli powder! mmmmm

Lol I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how everyone loves nandos! I just got home so im snuggled up in my new onsie (its so warmm) with a options hot choccy and my lappy ready to watch some well deserved 90210!!
Joanne you should defo try the sauces. I know they have marinades but i never actually use them to marinade the chicken! I beat my chicken flat, spray it with some frylight and coat it in peri peri chip sprinkle! And then when its cooking on a griddle pan i lightly coat it with the medium sauce on both sides. It burns nicely on the griddle and gives it that nice burnt bbq taste! mmmm! But the chip sprinkle is a godsend! I use it on practically everything!!
Laura defo join me! NANDOS PARTY! That meal u described is a regular for me! Except i dont have veg, i burn a corn on the cob on the hob (ooo that rhymeded) until it burns and then rub it in chilli powder! mmmmm

Mmm you have me drooling lol! I'm popping into Asda for a few bits tonight and the nandos sauce is deffo on my list now! xx

Quick update all!! New weigh in day is today which means this week i only had a 5 day week. Just weighed in at 13/4.4 which gives me a 3.5lb loss in 5 days!! Im gobsmacked!!! This finally means i get my first shiny!! Half a stone award!! Woooheeeeee!!!

Will update on food and life a bit later!! Time to do some body magic (clean the house) and attempt to get to asda to do a food shop!!

Fantastic, well done Peri.

Thanks guys! Im really happy with that!! Gonna keep it short and sweet today because its my uncles birthday today!!

B: 2xnimble toast with light marg (HeB + 2 syns) with 2 friedlight eggs - for some bizarre reason the fry light turned my eggs orange haha tasted normal tho!!
S: 1 light laughing cow - gross but had ran out of babybel!
L: Pasta n sauce with a large salad
S: Sharon fruit! Niceee - first time i had tried it and it was yum!
D: Crispy cod with sw chips and peas
Treat: glass of rose (5.5 syns - i think?)

Total syns: 7.5 syns

Might have a minimilk when i get home!! Not sure if theres gonna be any birthday cake yet :/ and i may just have managed to get myself out of going to the religious ceremony tomorrow! Phewf!!

Good weekend all!! Xxx

Hi Peri,

Bless you for the virtual hug. I'm not doing to great and I think I have finally accepted that it may be time to let my little pooch go :cry: My hubby had him over at my mil's yesterday and apparently she said she couldn't bring herself to look at him as his eyes just looked so sad and that he is just not the same dog. :cry:

Your food looks great and I think i'll get some of that chip sprinkle as it sounds yummy. Is it beside the herbs and spices and is it syn free?

Lol'ing at you rhyming on your diary. So, okay, maybe you are a bit strange, but in a very good way!! :)

Hope you had fun at your uncle's party and managed to stay away from the cake if there was any.

xx

Aww toots honey i know its difficult, but if hes in pain i guess its not fair to make him hang on. Just try to stay strong and remember you have a whole network of support on here for you aswell!
The chip sprinkle can be found next to the nando sauce which if i remember correctly is usually around all the hot sauces tomato ketchups and mayonnaises!!
Unclea bday was good and no cake thank god, but did treat myself to a glass of red! So all within plan!! Was down another 1lb today!!
However did get dragged to the ceremony, and was forced to eat a whole load of catered indian food slathered with oil!! Ergh and after 5 weeks without any oil in my food i think its disagreed with my belly as i have a horrid stomach ache!!

Il be posting a recipe up for authentic sheep/lamb curry tonight if i get a chance along with photos!! If anyone is interested!!

Will update on my food log later on tonight too!!

Mwahh xx

Hi Peri, sounds like you had a good weekend. Funny how quickly our bodies adjust to healthy eating.
Lamb curry sounds good, would love the recipe and some pics.

The quorn sausages are my fave non meat sausages!! mmmm!!!

So yesterday i didnt get a chance to upload the recipe or my food diary, but today im off work because i cant get in, so i intend to update all today! hurrah!!

Lets start with ydays food

B: 2 x Wholemeal toast (400g loaf - HeB) spread with low low cheese (1/2 HeA) and a cup of tea with sweetener
L: Sharon fruit plus... Potato curry, pea and green beans curry, vegetable rice, khadhi (Yoghart curry/sauce), 1 x pakora and 1 x puri (Fried kinda puffy bready thing! - not sure how to describe it) This curry was made by caterers and was covered in oil, you could just see it seperating from the food.. ergh but had no choice.
S: (if you can call it a snack) Mini celebration choc + religious offering called sheera (semolina cooked in milk and ghee with saffron, cardommon and almonds and probably some other stuff - yummy but not the healthiest thing in the world!)
D: Lamb curry (Homemade syn free) with rice

So overall I have no idea how to even begin estimating how many syns were in the indian food! So i decided not to bother! lol

Today however is a new day, and back to my planning - its strange how comforting it is knowing im following a plan. I seem to go all crazy when I have a day and I havn't planned the food and I have no idea whats going on! So today I feel a bit more on safer ground!

B: 2 x Weetabix (HeB) + Sugar (2 syns) + ssmilk (HeA) with tea
S: Sharon fruit + pear
L: Left over lamb curry, rice and salad + Quavers (4.5 syns)
S: Banana + Muller light + Roast Chicken Mugshot
D: 3 LM Onion & Rosemary Sausages, Smash, Steamed veg and gravy (3 syns)
S: 2 Mikado (1 syn)

Total syns: 10.5 syns

Weighed myself again today and im up 0.4lbs, i blame all the damn indian food :mad: oh well, thatll be off in no time! Period due in 6 days so im expecting some full on bloatage heading my way in a couple of days! Got my minimilks, options hot choc and kitkats to deal with cravings!

Ive not really had a week on plan whilst on my period, as last time it was xmas and we all know how that ended up. So itll be interesting to see how it effects my weight loss/gain! Going to keep track of that so I can gauge how much my weight fluctuates everytime the red devil comes to town LOL (thats what my ex used to call it haha)

Right i am now going to attempt to upload the pics for the recipe onto my laptop so I can make this recipe up for you guys!! Ate it last night and it was divine! mm!!!

Last edited:
Back