My Food + My Life + My Journey... Here goes!

haha thanks toots! awwww im like ur lil boy then! I get so excited at the sight of snow!! I know its inconvienient but its not like it snows everyday in england!!
I work as an employability tutor, so i deliver employability sessions to clients who have been unemployed for 3 or more years and teach them skills to improve their chances of finding work! Very interesting but can have its frustrations! Its not someting i want to do forever though, im going back to college in september to study make up artistry so i can freelance as a make up artist and photographer (already have a professional photography qualification)
:)

GOOOD MORNINGGGGGGGG!!!!

I am feeling so hyper today, i really dont know why! mind you im always a lil hyper! mum reckons im a psycho baby lol.

Ok now everytime i go to make SW quiche it keeps coming out really runny! I dont know if im getting the egg to cottage cheese ratio all wrong or something but i've been using a tub of 300g low fat cottage cheese plus 4 eggs. Although im thinking it may be the cheese im using as the first 2 times i made it it came out fine and both times i had used cottage cheese from sainsburies not asda. Oh well. it was still cooked but mom had such a panic attack about it she made me keep it in the oven for 2 hours :| and i was starving!! still tasted yummy though!

Today is a green day!

B: 2 nimble toasts (1st HeB) with light marg (3 syns) and a cup of tea + dash of milk (part of my 1st HeA)
S: Pear + 3 light babybel (2nd HeA)
L: Left over quiche and beans - quiche had cheese on top (part of my 1st HeA)
S: 2 Alpen light (2nd HeB) and Apple, mini cadburys caramel from the celebrations box (2 syns)
D: Veggie pasta (filled with leeks, tomatos, mushrooms, peas and pepper in a spicy tomato sauce) topped with cheese (part of 1st HeA) and salad
S: Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 10.5 syns

Debating on wether to make meatballs tomorrow for dinner or to have a fry up - i really want both lol. ergh i hate making decisions. even though i plan out every single meal of the week, sunday evenings wen i do this planning gives me a headache cos i hate deciding what to have on what day. literally it takes me like 4 hours just to plan a week :| no wonder im single!

Yesterday i was in a bummed out mood in the evening, because i keep thinking about Mr X. So irritating! I didnt actually realise how much i liked him until he decidied to announce his undying love for his ex. Gods sake, one minute the man was happy he was out that relationship because she was a pain in the ass, and next he was all like ohh i still love her bla di bla di blahhhhhhh!! *enter numerous swear words here* Its very rare i actually meet a guy that has an effect on me because im kinda fussy when it comes to guys. They have to have a particular type of personality, otherwise i get really bored! Lol (gosh i sound like such a diva) anyways, this morning i had a revelation and have decided, im taking a break from this man hunt ....

(just incase you were all wondering, my mom and dad are continually banging on about how im at the age (this is very important for an asian *yawn*) where i should be getting married, and my aim in life was to get married by the time i was 26, and im 25 now.. so thats clearly not happening.. but i've been trying to meet guys and find a the 'one' basically which has failed miserably because there all a piece of poo.)

...as i was saying.. im taking a break from this man hunt, and soley focusing on my career and my weight loss journey. My sister (very cleverly) said that maybe the reason im being so picky is because im not comfortable with myself yet, and when I truly feel at peace with myself and happy with where i am ill be more likely to meet someone i really want to be with. And shes right. Im not where i want to be body image wise and definately not career wise. So i need to focus on that first, and true love can happen after. And everyone always says you will meet someone when you least expect it to hey ho, lets try a different approach!

Daily drama out of the way! lol

Hope everyone has a terrific tuesday! ;)

xxx

Last edited:
Someone will come along and you won't realise it, i never thought I'd find anyone, and while he's still my best friend and nothing more, i know too well the direction we're heading in. So if i continue along this road, my best friend is likely to become my boyfriend...something i never thought would happen. Like ever.

Anyway when i make quiche i do 4 eggs with a 2 huge dollops of cottage cheese and it comes out ok

I have found the perfect quiche combo! Brocolli and cherry tomatos! Tastes soooo good!! And does anybody else find their quiche tastes better the next day?? mmm nom nom
Iv been going through some recipes on the forum and i think i might try out the mushy pea curry!! Being an indian and having eaten curry every single day of my life, i wonder how this will taste..plus if anyone has any good low syn or syn free cake recipes send them my way! Im craving cake so much!!

Guess who!! That's it you guessed right, its me! Back again with my daily dose of foody goodness and random dribble.

I was naughty! Veryyy naughty this morning and hoped on the scales to have a sneaky peak!! Only 2 more days till my new official weigh in day (Sat) and im 1.5lbs down! I hope it either stays like that or more comes off! I'd be ecstatic with a 2lb loss in 5 days! I'm desperate for my half a stone award. Itll be my first award, and after 5 weeks on plan I reallllly want it! Frustrating when you see other people who have had amazing losses in their first 2 or 3 weeks, and in over a month i've only lost 4lbs officially. I know its down to Xmas and new years weeks but still! Oh well, its coming off and thats all that matters!
So far this week i've been 100% on plan!

Today (EE) :

B: Magic Porridge (HeB) (35g Porridge mixed with 1 tub of mullerlight) - This was lovely, but after half the bowl I did start to feel a bit sickly! Maybe its the yogart flavour I used (Mandarin) which was a bit too tangy, but none the less I ate it all, and its now 9.30am and im not hungry yet, which is a good sign!
S: Mini Milky Way - 40 calorie bar (2 syns) - we were given these by my boss while we stood outside in the cold and snow for half hour because the damn coop bank burnt their toast :mad: and there was no way I was saying no because I was FREEZING! But I made a good choice, I could have easily picked a snickers or a mars bar which im pretty sure is more calories!
S(2): Banana + Pear + 3 x Mini Babybel Light (HeA)
L: Veggie Pasta + 4 slices of lean wafer ham + Salad
S: Quavers (4.5 syns) + Apple
D: Quorn Sausages (2 syns), Bacon, Egg, Garlicy Tomatoey Mushrooms + Onion and some smash
S: 3 x Mikado (1.5 syn)

Total Syns: 10 syns

Im trying to keep my syns low again because even though this is going to be a short week, on Sunday I have a religious event to go to, and there will be stacks of indian food, which you guessed will be either deep fried or cooked in gallons of oil, so the syns will be through the roof! I'm going to try and stick to only eating the veggies and rice and stay away from indian sweets and chapattis or naan breads!

Can't believe its hump day already! These weeks seem to go so quickly. And today was ridiculously cold! It took me like 15 mins to scrape all the ice off my car this morning, because it was that annoying super thin layer that just sticks to your car like glue! (Surely that must count as body magic ;) lol) Saw a wii balance board on groupon for £24 but ive missed the deal now :( bob! Might pull out the Wii sports and get some body magic in when I have the time!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Its gonna be a cold couple of days make sure you all wrap up nice and warm! ;)
Stay safe,
Peri x

EDIT: Water count
2xpint glasses of water (one with a slice of lemon)
2 mugs of green tea
3 small plastic glasses of water
No idea how much this amounts to lol

Last edited:
Hey Peri,

Just a quickie as I'm off for a lie down. Just wanted to say hi and that you're doing great.

Will.pop back later. It's.my weigh day today. :eek:

RANT ALERT RANT ALERT RANT ALERT RANT ALERT

OMG! like wait hold on i need to say it again O. M. G.

Some women are SO disguisting! And can I just warn whoever will be reading this post it will contain TMI.

How is it possible for a woman to pee all over the toilet seat, like seriously, that is so gross. Not only that but pee on the seat while its your * week. *VOM* I am not entering them toilets until its disinfected! No lie! Ergh!! Fine maybe your aim is a little off, but do you not turn around to flush the loo? How can you not see you have made a disguisting mess all over the seat and then wipe it up.

RANK
RANK
RANK

People say men are gross, women are much the same. The state of toilets when I go out clubbing or whatever really isn't that pleasant. I've even been to one place where either the doors are missing or the toilet seat is missing, either way each cubicle had wet floors, and I seriously do not want to think of what the wet substance is. :sign0137:

Anyway that's over. I'm not drinking any more fluids today because I cant risk entering that place again! Eeeek!

Some people in our work place are disgusting, i'll go in there frequently to find 3 of the 4 toilets in a state, bet the gents are in a better state tbh

crazy huh!! we even have some women stealing out toilet paper and handwash. i mean seriously lol mind you they can steal the toilet paper all they want just use some of it to clean up after yourself! LOL my manager just went in there and I just heard her shreeking with disguist! Ah well only an hour left of work then were officially over the hump and im outta here!! woo hoo!
Hope your having a lovely day Ally!

RANT ALERT RANT ALERT RANT ALERT RANT ALERT

OMG! like wait hold on i need to say it again O. M. G.

Some women are SO disguisting! And can I just warn whoever will be reading this post it will contain TMI.

How is it possible for a woman to pee all over the toilet seat, like seriously, that is so gross. Not only that but pee on the seat while its your * week. *VOM* I am not entering them toilets until its disinfected! No lie! Ergh!! Fine maybe your aim is a little off, but do you not turn around to flush the loo? How can you not see you have made a disguisting mess all over the seat and then wipe it up.

RANK
RANK
RANK

People say men are gross, women are much the same. The state of toilets when I go out clubbing or whatever really isn't that pleasant. I've even been to one place where either the doors are missing or the toilet seat is missing, either way each cubicle had wet floors, and I seriously do not want to think of what the wet substance is. :sign0137:

Anyway that's over. I'm not drinking any more fluids today because I cant risk entering that place again! Eeeek!

Hahaha... it amazes me too, how some women can be soo disgusting.
I do not want to think or describe the state of some of the toilets I've entered.

Happy Thursday Everyone.

Seems to be a pretty gloomy day for everybody here at the office today. I can just cut the tension with a knife. I hate it when its like this, always makes me a bit nervous! Hopefully it'll perk up later, and if it snows so much tonight and tomorrow, I may not had to even come in, or at the very least come in for a few hours. Chances are none of my customers will show up anyways which means a day of floating around on these forums! As if I don't already do this lol...

Yesterday I had quorn sausages again, and I swear I am getting addicted to these there so tasty!! But every time i cook bacon under the grill it always goes crispy and hard, not that I mind but its just so hard to eat with a fork and knife!

Anyways I weighed myself again today (I think its evident that i have become a daily weigher!) And today i'm 2lbs down from my last weigh in. Just gotta stick to it till Sat! I doubt i'll get 3lbs by then but I would love to so I can get my shineyyy!! I'll be weighing in on Sat with my mom for mini's and continue on Mondays for my SW online tracker because I really don't want to restart my progress all over again! I already feel lighter! I mean my clothes aren't really any loser but I get that lovely flat tummy feeling in the morning! And this is the lowest I have been for the last few months! Can't wait to get back into the 12's! Not been there since the beginning of last year for a brief period of like ohhh 2 weeks lol..

I had a nice cold glass of lemon water yesterday, and its true, it cleared me out this morning perfectly and I didn't feel bloated at all! Think that might have to be a regular thing now!

So today (EE):

B: 2 Weetabix (HeB) with a dash of milk (1/3 HeA) and teaspoon of sugar (2 syns)
S: Alpen light bar (3.5 syns) + Pear
L: Quorn sausage (2 syns) and bacon salad + Roast chicken mugshot + Banana
S: 2 Mini Babybel Light (2/3 HeA) + Apple
D: Spagetti Bol (made with Quorn Mince, leeks, peppers, carrots, chopped tomatos, onions) and a salad on the side topped with a smidge of light cheese (3 syns)

Total syns: 10.5 syns

Water Count: Currently at 2 cups of green tea (will update this tonight)

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the snow tomorrow (NOT)

Much love,
xx

Food looks good today Peri... love the way you plan your meals and split out your snacks.
May have to steal that idea :D
Silly question - do you cook your quorn sausages and bacon the night before, then take them in to work for lunch?
If so, do you heat them up in the microwave, or eat them cold?

Just popping by to subscribe, sounds like you're getting on well! :) xx

Hiya Joanne! Thanks for subscribing! I moan most of the time - apologies about that in advance haha..

Glam - Whatever I cook for dinner i make double so that I can take that for lunch the next day. It just means I can cut out deciding what to eat for lunch!! So yes I cook the bacon and sausages in the evening and then eat it cold (some people think this is gross.. i really don't mind it!) the bacon i crumble up into my salad. I guess tho with me, i get so hungry at work, i just eat it anyway and it will subconciously taste good.. haha. Gosh I really am a strange lass. Hmmm 20 more mins and then FOOD! Woo hooooo!!

Hi Peri,
Just thought I'd let you know I've subscribed to your diary! It's nice to see how other people with the same height/weight are getting on. You seem like you're doing well!
I'm struggling today...really want to order a pizza :( It's killing me!! Just hoping my fish and veg will fill me up...*sigh!*

Back