Attack My heads a mess! Need some advise!!!

soontobefatfree

I'm not sure why I'm writing this on here but feel that sharing my issues with weight/diets/life with strangers may help me figure out my next step!

For the last 3 weeks I have been on lighter life, a total meal replacement diet and successfully lost 15lbs. I stuck to it rigidly and didn't lapse once, even when we went out for meals, I took my shakes/bars with. I came off it as I was under massive amounts of stress a my husband suffers from depression and we were going to separate (we haven't).

I was/am determined to lose weight as I have another 3 stone to go before I feel comfortable with my body. My problem is that as soon as I get stressed or things get too much I eat, normally chocolate and biscuits! I accept that this is my choice and I understand that if I'm not careful I will undo all of my hard work. My husbands illness means that I am responsible for all aspects of our family life (have 2 children under 4) and I work. I am not asking for sympathy, there are 10,000s of people who have it so much harder than me and I am not one to wallow in self pity, just food!

I started Dukan diet 2 days ago and was doing really well until I went on my scales this morning which told me I hadn't lost anything-gutted! So I have now just eaten biscuits, hating myself as I do it, feeling sick as I do it, but still not stopping!

My question is, how has anyone else gotten over emotional eating, what can I do to enable me to start a diet and finish it until I am satisfied with my weight loss rather than falling at the first sign of stress?

Thanks for reading x

Hi, it sounds to me like you are finding excuses to not diet and then stressed at yourself for not loosing weight which then becomes another reason to not do it and then keep going around and around.

Emotional eating is what I think most women do, fat or thin. Eating is emotional, we are taught this from the adverts, from movies, from childhood. I think I have replaced the emotional eating with the feel good factor of my body feeling good with what I put in it. So good in fact, I didn't want to leave cruise and go onto conso and 'poison' it with carbs'. You have to want to do this for you, for you to feel good emotionally and physically. Set yourself small goals, daily if need be so that you can gain a sense of achievement and want to keep going. Be proud of yourself, have a little inner smile that says you did it, whatever that goal was.

Do you have the book? He talks alot about the emotional eating in there.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this on here but feel that sharing my issues with weight/diets/life with strangers may help me figure out my next step!

For the last 3 weeks I have been on lighter life, a total meal replacement diet and successfully lost 15lbs. I stuck to it rigidly and didn't lapse once, even when we went out for meals, I took my shakes/bars with. I came off it as I was under massive amounts of stress a my husband suffers from depression and we were going to separate (we haven't).

I was/am determined to lose weight as I have another 3 stone to go before I feel comfortable with my body. My problem is that as soon as I get stressed or things get too much I eat, normally chocolate and biscuits! I accept that this is my choice and I understand that if I'm not careful I will undo all of my hard work. My husbands illness means that I am responsible for all aspects of our family life (have 2 children under 4) and I work. I am not asking for sympathy, there are 10,000s of people who have it so much harder than me and I am not one to wallow in self pity, just food!

I started Dukan diet 2 days ago and was doing really well until I went on my scales this morning which told me I hadn't lost anything-gutted! So I have now just eaten biscuits, hating myself as I do it, feeling sick as I do it, but still not stopping!

My question is, how has anyone else gotten over emotional eating, what can I do to enable me to start a diet and finish it until I am satisfied with my weight loss rather than falling at the first sign of stress?

Thanks for reading x

me! as you can see from my stats i have lost just over 3 stone and still weigh more than you lol. I will/would eat in ANY mood. if i was upset, down, happy even not hungry, food was my greatest love. I was a massive chocoholic and loved sweets/biscuits/cakes etc i didnt get to the size i was by eating lettuce! I have tried all kinds of diets with little or no success but something with this diet just clicked.

Apart from the very rare occassion i have never contemplated eating anything i shouldnt and even then it was just oooooo just fancy a bit of chocolate. Nothing has passed my lips that isnt in the book/recommended on here. For me that is unbelievable! I wish i could stress to you how amazing that is for me!

The cravings for sweet stuff does disappear, i would say it takes around 2 weeks for your palette to become used to the food you CAN have and to see the sugar free jelly/yoghurt etc are now your treats and to fully accept that.

I still have to cook and buy the usual food for my son ( my partner is on the diet with me) including crisps/sweets etc and i can honestly say it does not bother me in the slightest.

Because of my sweet tooth and zero willpower the very strict list of foods works for me. If i was given any freedom before ie WW i would save my points for chocolate!! lol

Give it a go but set yourself small goals ie do 3 days of attack, if you complete that see if you can manage 1 full week of cruise etc. It IS hard but it DOES get easier!

wow i can waffle! :eek::eek:

Thanks ladies.

I think you're right, I am coming up with different excuses as to why I can't diet. I think I have done it for so long that I have forgotten that it doesn't have to be like this.

I feel better already and that's with only a stone and I KNOW that once I see the results I will definitely be determined to continue on this journey and change my life inside and out!

They say tomorrow is another day and tomorrow I will start from day 1 of attack!

I CAN AND WILL DO THIS!

Thanks again for taking time out to ready my waffle ;-)

Glad you have decided to keep going - you have everything to gain (except pounds!) and nothing to lose.

If you give in and give up all that will result is your self esteem being knocked even lower.

This diet isn't like any other in that it is really a life plan. You can't just switch it off and return to your old way of eating if you really want it to work permanently. I think that is a really good thing and over time you are bound to re-evaluate your relationship with food.

The other very good thing about Dukan is that, because it is low carb, you don't feel as hungry or get the same sugar cravings as you can on other diets (low cal diets were a killer for me!).

It sounds like you have an exceptionally demanding life. Being fitter and slimmer will definitely help you to cope because, not only will you be feeling better about yourself, you will be physically healthier and stronger. You spend so much time caring for your husband and your children, I bet you have been at the bottom of your list of priorities for a long time. But you are just as important as them, and you owe it to yourself to take as good care of yourself as you do of your family.

As for not losing, have you posted your meals for the wise people on here to advise? It may just be the transition from one diet to the next. If your body is already in diet mode, you may not see the large losses that some experience. But it will happen, just give your body time to adjust.

You CAN do this! Keep on posting regularly on here, especially when you find yourself wavering again. xx

Wheest you have hit the nail on the head!

I do feel that I'm not as important as the rest of my family but without me being fit and healthy I won't be able to continue to support them to the best of m ability!

I am definitely back on the attack tomorrow and am going swimming in the morning which will start my day in the right way.

I am my own worst enemy at times and an talk myself in and out of things.

I want to change my relationship with food forever and am looking for a healthy way of life and I need to stop moaning about things and pull my finger out!

I have posted my first 2 days meals on here but haven't heard anything yet but am going to read the book tonight to help it sink in!

Thanks again

I'm getting excited now and I'm raring to go. Definitely going to read it tonight!

Although I am having a biscuit or 2 tonight!

Me too, they say a problem shared is a problem halved and I feel better for sharing!

Good for you. I found the support on here to be the best ever. Kept me going, kept me on the straight and narrow and I still can't believe I have lost the weight and now kept it off for 7 weeks. I love the Dukan diet and for the first time I put myself first. I have a 3 year old at home and some health problems that have meant that my life has not been the best a year ago but I am now back, fighting fit and slimmer than I have been for years. I have learned that I need to put myself first at times to be able to support the family better and that is a good thing.

Onwards and downwards. Keep reading the book I read it cover to cover at least 3 times during the diet at the end of the day to keep the motivation high.

Welcome - you've received great advice already.

I think, if I'm honest, that even within the limits of Dukan (most often!), I still emotionally eat...

So, if tempted, have a boiled egg... or eat a roast chicken (skinless of course!). I bet that'll beat you ;)

I have posted my first 2 days meals on here but haven't heard anything yet but am going to read the book tonight to help it sink in!

Thanks again

Don't see them in the menu thread :-(

Over to diaries... (menu thread is best cos there are now trillions of diaries and it's impossible to keep up)

Thanks everyone, I read the book last night and it gave me a better understanding!

I know that food doesn't fix the problems I have and I need to channel my energies else where as emotional eating is not sustainable without consequences.

Today I feel much more positive and started my day with a 25 min fast paced swim which has woken me up and started my day off very well.

Will defo keep in touch as your support has definitely helped :)

hope today is continuing to go well there is a lot of helpfull ppl on here :)

well done keep it up:D

Thanks, been doing great until today!

As ive been on scales this morning after 2 really good days on attack and lost nothing! Not an oz!

Got another 3 days on attack and hopefully the 4lbs plus will fall off then!

Drinking lots of water and doing some exercise so why is nothing happening!

My menus are in the menu thread if anyone wants to check I'm doing this right, which I think I am.

Let's hope it's just slow at first!

Am definitely going to keep going, it's just hard when I'm doing everything I should and nothing is shifting!

Hi, had a quick look at your menu's. I think the vanilla yoghurt is a no as it has sugar in it. Deceptive as it is fat free but I am sure it has. Also your turkey slices, check the content of them but they may have carbs added to them with salt.

The ingredients for the yoghurt are

Nutrient per 100g per 150g
Energy kCal 49kCal 74kCal
Energy kJ 209kJ 314kJ
Protein 4.7g 7.1g
Carbohydrate 7.3g 10.9g
of which sugars 6.8g 10.2g
Fat 0.1g 0.2g
of which saturates 0.1g 0.1g
Fibre 0.1g 0.1g
Sodium Trace 0.1g
Salt N/A N/A

Thought that if carbs were under 10g per 100g it was ok! Will get some zero % Greek yoghurt or vanilla muller lights instead!

Anything else?

The muller lights are tolerated items only, if you are stalling or not loosing weight then should be avoided. Some people on here make their own by adding vanilla and some sweetner to plain yoghurt. I developed a taste for plain yoghurt as I do not like sweetners.

Make sure you are getting enough protein, believe it or not the more you eat of it the more you will loose. Having smaller amounts will not help you loose weight.

Did you check your turkey slices?

This is the turkey info;

FSA Traffic Lights Labeling
per 100g (per-) per slice
Cal 100kCal 18kCal
Fat 1.5g 0.3g
Sat Fat 0.5g 0.1g
Sugar Trace Trace
Salt 2.3g 0.5g

What do you think? Thanks for the advise so far!

Back