Total Solution My journey on Exante for Brown-eyed Girl

Have been ill since Friday with a stomach bug. Felt a bit weak today but made it to work and stayed 100% today. Set myself a new goal of being 100% until end July to see how far I can lose between now and then. Off and rolling......!

Made myself a bit angry when I reflected that over the last month I yoyoed back and forth between 19st 6lbs and 19st 2lbs at least four times! What a waste of time, effort and money!

Ive now had a long talk with myself in the mirror and am going to get serious about shedding this fat suit once and for all!!

Goodnight and skinny dreams everyone. Xx

You are already looking a shadow of your former self, and I'm going to keep on telling you this! xxx

messyfreckle said:
Keep at it, you're doing so well!

GinaLangland said:
You are already looking a shadow of your former self, and I'm going to keep on telling you this! xxx

Thanks ladies for your encouragement xx

Today was a very good day:

1. When I weighed myself I had finally got into the 18s! 18.13 so counting from Monday's WI I had lost 3lbs. Very pleased with that. Total of 30lbs lost in 7.5 weeks. I haven't yet updated my signature as have been on iPhone access only for the last few days.

2. My Jillian Michaels book arrived yesterday and I can't put it down! Half way through it already. Her approach is perfect for my way of thinking and a real motivator for me to keep going and change my behaviours.

3. Today was day three of walking more than 10,000 steps and burning more than 700 calories in exercise and I feel great! Have now set a goal to get to running within the next 6 months! Eek!!

4. I've got such a fab support network which includes my lovely work colleague Gina (who is also on here and is doing great on Exante too) which makes this journey so much better for me, a really supportive and loving husband who is amazing, and all you fabulous Exantians who post your great tips and inspirational messages to keep the encouragement flowing!

Thank you all so much. Xxxx

Wow. Today was fantastic for me. Went to see my fertility/gynacologist doctor. Had last seen him in March when he diagnosed that I was in early menopause (i'm 40) and not producing any estrogen, progesterone or testosterone and seemed likely that any normal fertility was nil. He put me on Livial for HRT and I have been taking it for 4 months now. Have had two occasions of breakthrough periods so he checked my hormone levels again and shared the results with me today. Here goes:
I am producing estrogen again but not yet enough so will continue taking the Livial and also add 1 week each month of taking a break from Livial and taking E2V instead.
He said that it is highly likely that my ovaries are starting to work so if I want a baby we should get cracking :)
I shared my weightloss so far with him and he felt that this was also positively helping my fertility and estrogen production and absorption.
I raised with him that at 18st 12lbs I was still worried in actively trying to get pregnant as felt it would put too much strain on my body. He worked out my BMI and suggested that I aim to get to 13st 5lbs or lower and then get busy!!! :D

We've scheduled a follow up appt in 4 months and I'm now trying to get as close as I can to that target by then.

I hope that if any others of you out there are struggling with this too, also find that losing your weight helps to combat menopause and may also help you become a mum too. What a great reason to help keep us motivated! Xx

This is fantastic news, you are well on the way! Keep going!!! xxx

Back