My journey

So it's the start of my third week today and I'm still going strong!! I'm really feeling very positive this time that I will shift the weight and keep it off.

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), ham salad roll and small bowl of lentil soup for lunch, cereal bar (mid afternoon), and fish and chips for dinner. I'm getting used to my smaller dinner portions now, although it does look strange on the big plates! lol I may have to get a smaller plate so it doesn't look like it's such small portions! So far, I've drank just over 1litre of water.

Exercise: I think I ran upstairs (2 flights) at work 4/5 times today when going to the toilet! lol no DVD tonight as it's my rest day :)

So I'm really happy that it's still going well! I hope it continues-don't know what I would do if my willpower crumbles!

Week 3 is off to a pretty good start. Today, one of women I work with was asking me if I miss any of the foods I was eating before, and when I thought about it, I realised I really don't! I do sometimes feel like I could do with some pizza - my favourite food! lol But I honestly don't miss it :)

So, food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), small portion of penne bolognaise with chunky carrots for lunch, cereal bar (mid afternoon), and chicken with salad and some chips for dinner. I've drank just over a litre of water today, and had my one piece of dark chocolate as my treat :)

Exercise: I've not long finished my Core DVD. Also did quite a bit of running about at work today because it was really crazy busy - not sure that that counts as exercise though! lol

I've booked myself in for a BodyCombat class tomorrow night to increase my exercise for this week, so I hope that goes well! I've been before and really enjoyed it, but I just hope my body reacts alright to it, since I'm doing my DVD today and then again on Thursday! lol

I made it! lol Ok, so I'm shattered and just want to go to bed now lol But I managed to get through BodyCombat tonight. Bloody hell was it hard work!!! I have to admit that I noticed my balance has improved quite a bit though! I was pretty out of breath tonight, and at one point got a really bad stitch (doing knee lifts after running) which wasn't very good! But I kept on breathing and managed to push through it. Not sure how my body will react to it all tomorrow though! lol

Food for today: 2 slices of toast for breakfast, cereal bar (mid morning), baked potato with tuna, coleslaw and salad for lunch wih a few grapes, cereal bar (mid afternoon), small portion of leftover mince & tatties from Sunday night. I have drank almost 2 litres of water today, and had my one square of dark chocolate as my treat.

Exercise: I had to walk from one end of the office to the other quite a few times today, and I'm still going upstairs to the toilet, plus my hour long BodyCombat class tonight. It really should be a rest day from my DVD's, but I really wanted to increase my exercise to help with the weight loss. I hope it works!

I am very happy this week, because it's the furthest I've ever gotten before when it comes to healthy eating and exercise. I would have given up last week normally! But I am still determined as I was at the start, and I hope I continue to feel like this! I'm hoping I'll start to notice a difference in how my clothes fit soon. How long have you guys waited before you've noticed a difference in your clothing?

I really am shattered now, so think it's going to be an early night for me tonight! lol

Hi stacey,
Your doing well keep it up. It's always hard when your out with freinds or in a place with lots of food th choose from, so easy to think... Just this once, but that's how we got a little over weight, then chubby then fat and fatter.... Too many just this once moments! I'll be good tomorrw! Or if your like me, Im dieting tomorrw so I'll eat what I like today!
Stay focused, and keep the exercise up sounds like your doing really well.
K x

Hi stacey,
Your doing well keep it up. It's always hard when your out with freinds or in a place with lots of food th choose from, so easy to think... Just this once, but that's how we got a little over weight, then chubby then fat and fatter.... Too many just this once moments! I'll be good tomorrw! Or if your like me, Im dieting tomorrw so I'll eat what I like today!
Stay focused, and keep the exercise up sounds like your doing really well.
K x

Thank you!! :D

That's something that I've always found really hard in the past! I'm seeing my friends tomorrow, who haven't seen my since I started my diet. We're having a takeaway tomorrow night which I'm a little bit worried about! Although I've already decided what to have. If we go for the chippy, I will have a chicken kebab, with no sauce, and will only eat the chicken and salad. If we go for chinese I will stick to my usual order of chicken fried rice, but have smaller portions of it than I normally would. It doesn't help when you're as fussy as me!! lol

I'm making chocolate cheesecake for them too as a surprise, but will not have any myself, because I know how tasty it is!!! lol

Another decent day today. My arms were a little sore today after BodyCombat lastnight, but nothing major! Had another crazy day at work - that's starting to become a habit!! :(

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), ham salad roll and some soup for lunch, cereal bar (mid afternoon), and 1 small slice of pizza with some chips for dinner. I drank about a litre of water today and had a cup of tea (no sugar). Had to end up having pizza tonight (the first time in 3 weeks!), since mum didn't have time to go shopping and it was all we had! I wouldn't say that I loved it. It was ok, but I'm not exactly depserate to eat more like I would have before!

Exercise: I still stuck to my usual programme, and did my Resistance DVD tonight, even though my arms were really sore when I was doing it! Rest day tomorrow yay! lol

I've got my friends coming round tomorrow night for dinner and some drinks! My exercise tomorrow will be me doing housework, going shopping and tidying my room before they get here! My plan is to not go crazy with food, and to hopefully only have a couple of drinks, and stick with my water/dilutin juice the rest of the night :)

I'm a little behind with my diary, so I'll update for yesterday now. I had my friends round for dinner lastnight and was a bit worried about going crazy with food! However I think I did really well!

Food for yesterday: 2 slices toast for brekkie, tuna sandwich and some soup for lunch. We had the chippy for dinner lastnight, so I has a small chicken kebab. I didn't eat the pita bread, and had no sauce, so only ate the chicken and salad-I didn't even finish it all. I bought my friends some strawberry cheesecakes for dessert-none for myself though! Drinks lastnight: I only had 2 glasses of martini and lemonade :) I'm hoping it won't affect my weigh-in tomorrow too much.

Exercise: none really yesterday, apart from shopping and doing lots of housework!

Will update later for today :)

Well done, you done really well x

Hi Stacey, you're doing really well! Just read through your food diary and it all sounds so lovely! Well done with you losses so far xx

Well done, you done really well x

Thank you! Just hoping the scales keep showing good results! :)

Today has been a pretty good day again! Was out most most of this morning shopping, and been trying to catch up with some much needed studying!

Food for today: 2 slices of toast for brekkie, some soup and half a small steak pie (the thing was so tiny! lol Didn't even seem worth eating it!) for lunch, Fish and a few chips for dinner. This is the first day that I've had 2 cups of tea, and have drank about 1 litre of water. I think I've done pretty well today considering I still have 4 bottles of fizzy juice and lots of crisps left over from lastnight. I haven't been tempted to touch any of them!

Exercise: Been out twice with the dog today. Should have done my Cardio DVD today, but after having a really bad sleep lastnight, I really just want to relax tonight, so will be doing it tomorrow instead!

I've got my third weigh-in tomorrow and I really am hoping that it's still showing a loss, so of course I will update and let you know the results then :)

Today has been my last day of freedom! My parents have been away this weekend leaving me to take care of the dog/house. And it got off to a great start today with my weigh-in, as I lost 4lbs this week! I was soooo happy when I looked at the scales! :) my gran even gave me a hug when I told her!

Food for today: 2 slices toast for breakfast, ham roll and some tomato soup for lunch, mince with mashed potatoes and small piece of pastry for dinner. I should have had some fruit today but it has been quite hectic and I just forgot. I have drank almost 2litres of water, and had a cup of tea with breakfast.

Exercise: was out once with the dog, and did my Cardio DVD today.

Now I'm just enjoying my last night of freedom, lounging on the couch with my bottle of water watching X Factor! Lol

Well done!:)
So how much is that altogether now?
Oh and Matt to win, he is soo good, love him! X

Re: Re: My journey

Karen27 said:
Well done!:)
So how much is that altogether now?
Oh and Matt to win, he is soo good, love him! X

Thanks! :)

That's 9lbs now! My 14lb target is getting closer!

I love Matt too! His voice is amazing! X

What do you mean exactly Julie? I keep an eye on my BMI if that's what you mean?

Well week 4 isn't off to a good start :( today has been my one bad day so far. We got some unexpected news today that's shocked us all. We ended up having another chippy for dinner, and a glass of coke.

I won't be having another anytime soon though as my stomachs been playing up since I had it!

Food today: cereal, 2 slices of toast for lunch, a custard cream, and 1/2 fish supper from the chippy for dinner. I've drank just under a litre of water, and had a glass of coke with dinner.

Exercise: none today, Core DVD tomorrow.

Not feeling good right now, but need to try and keep myself focused!

What a day it has been! Was off work yesterday, and when I went in today, I had been left an absolutely huge pile to paperwork to get through! I didn't get time to eat my 5 meals today :( All i had was my lunch - which I ended up working through. And I still didn't manage to get everything finished, so I'm sure tomorrow is going to be just as bad! :( I ended up bursting into tears at one point this morning with stress! This really is no good :cry: I've had a pretty sore stomach today and a really sore head too, so really wasn't in the mood for anything to be honest!

So, food for today: cereal for breakfast, no mid morning snack, cheese panini for lunch (not the best, but was so hungry by this point!), no mid afternoon snack, fish & chips for dinner. I had my one square of dark chocolate tonight, and have drank just under a litre of water.

Exercise: I almost vegetated on the couch tonight since I've been feeling so rubbish today, but I forced myself to get up and do my DVD. I didn't want to be a week behind with it, so just got it over and done with. I've got BodyCombat tomorrow though so I really hope I'm feeling better than I am tonight. I'm really just exhausted!

A little bit of a change of topic now - if you don't like talking about bowel movements, then stop reading now! lol But I figure this may be the best place to ask this: do you find that your bowel movements change when you start losing weight/eating healthier? I haven't had a "normal" bowel movement for a few days now, and just wondered if this was maybe just because my body is getting used to the change?

Awww babes big hugs, that sounds like a very stressful day.

Now about the poo, yes I think a lot of people have experienced this. I even went to my gp regarding it and then over the next few days increased my water intake tenfold and things returned to normalish.. X

Thanks for the hugs :) It really has been an awful day today!

That's good to know! Was a wee bit worried about what was going on, and feel a bit awkward talking to my mum about the poo etc! lol :D

I know. I'm a bit of a lad when it come to things like that and OH said i should up water, exercise more and viola it worked lol. Gp did give me a laxative but I've not bothered with it as yet. You could also use psyllium husks which are a natural fibre source and work great, though the first few days they do make you feel bloated

Ok enough about poo, make yourself a nice hot drink, put your feet up and have a great evening you deserve to relax after the day you've had x

Thanks! I think it's going to be a nice early night for me tonight! :)

Hey Stacy, congratulations on getting through the first 3 weeks! I think those are usually the hardest ones.
Btw, 5 in and half is great progress!! really happy for you!
Can't wait to see what kind of progress you've gotten this week!
Anyways, sounds like you're off to a great start, keep up the good work!
- Tina

Hey Stacy, congratulations on getting through the first 3 weeks! I think those are usually the hardest ones.
Btw, 5 in and half is great progress!! really happy for you!
Can't wait to see what kind of progress you've gotten this week!
Anyways, sounds like you're off to a great start, keep up the good work!
- Tina

Thanks Tina! I'm very pleased with how it's gone so far. I'm not sure if I'll have great results this week though, as it has been a pretty bad week :( But if not, I'll still keep with it!

This week is really not going well at all. Work is still crazy busy! But I may possibly be getting more organised - and might actually get back to normal before the week is over - my supervisor comes back next week, so that should help! I only managed to get to the toilet once today, which isn't good! My stomach is really sore again tonight and I'm so unbelievably tired :( I think it's just the stress from work that's having this affect on me though.

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), cheese roll for lunch, cereal bar (mid afternoon), chicken and chips for dinner. I have drank about a litre of water today. I really need things to settle down at work so that I can start eating normally again! This whole rushing my food is really no good for me!

Exercise: I was supposed to be going to BodyCombat tonight, but I really don't feel up to it, so think I should get some studying done tonight - it's really been far too long since I last studied!

I'm really not sure that the results will be good on the scales this week, as I have been slacking just a bit, but you never know! I'll keep hoping and keep pushing on!

Back