My journey

I'm not sure if I'll have great results this week though, as it has been a pretty bad week :( But if not, I'll still keep with it!

That's a brilliant attitude to have! We all have weeks where things don't go too well or we don't lose any weight, but as long as we don't give up and keep pushing forward things always pick up!
I really hope things go better for you with work though, that all sounds very stressful to me!

What another crazy day it has been. I cannot wait until my supervisor comes back next week to deal with everything that's been going wrong at work! I'm only a temp, so there's no way I should be getting myself this stressed out about work! Oh well, tomorrow is Friday :)

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), baked potato with tuna, coleslaw and salad for lunch, spaghetti bolognese for dinner. I drank about a litre of water today, had a cup of tea tonight with my square of chocolate, which I really enjoyed tonight!

Exercise: None. We went to visit my gran and auntie tonight, so will do my Resistance DVD tomorrow night instead of tonight.

Myself and some friends are going to see Harry Potter late tomorrow night, which will be a big test for me! Everytime I go to the cinema I get popcorn and a huge drink - even when I've told my best friend I don't want any popcorn, she actually bought one for me!!! grrrrrrr! :flamingmad: So I'm hoping with there being more of us, that she will just leave me be, and if she does buy me food/drink, then I just won't eat/drink it! If she's not happy, then tough - I will have told her I don't want it, so if she wants to waste her money that's fine! lol Rant over :D

Well another pretty bad day - well night actually. Work was so much better today, I managed to get almost everything finished and felt very organised for the first time this week. However, I got a message from my best friend earlier. We had all agreed on a time and place (9pm) for the cinema. The message said that we had tickets booked for a cinema that is so far away (I don't even know where it is!), and was for the 7.30pm showing. I had quite a bit to do tonight after I got home from work, which is why I had originally said 9pm was great. So, here I am, at home on a Friday night, miserable because I couldn't make it to go see Harry Potter :cry: I am really annoyed with my friends because she didn't even tell me they were changing the time and venue first! So I'm just a bit miserable tonight :(

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), fish with coleslaw and salad for lunch, cereal bar (mid afternoon), chinese for dinner. I'm reallt not happy with myself for having a Chinese now. I was just fed up earlier and I have a tendancy to comfort eat.I suppose I have been good all day, so I'll need to hope that is good enough? I've drank just over a litre of water and had a cup of tea after work. Oh, and a small glass of coke with dinner.

Exercise: I did my Resistance DVD tonight. It was pretty tough this time! I am still working hard and sweating quite a bit with these DVD's, so they must be working my body hard every time! One of my friends from work who sits next to me says that she can see a big difference in my arms. I don't see it, but it's good that other people can! :)

I'm off Christmas shopping tomorrow (and a bit of shopping for myself too! :) ), so will be doing lots of walking! I really hope I have a good weigh-in again on Sunday. I'm also doing my body measurements too - every 2 weeks, so hopefully there will be a difference there too!

Back on track today! No long lie for me this morning, as we were out the house before 9.30am to get some Xmas shopping done! lol We spent about 3 hours at the shops today and I got quite a few presents bought. We like to leave just as it's starting to get busy though! The rest of the day was pretty lazy to be honest, with me spending most of the afternoon seeing my gran & papa, and wrapping up my gran's birthday presents. I'm glad to have a better food day today though, after having a Chinese lastnight!

I have to say, I am really enjoying receiving comments from my family on how well I'm doing. Everyone is really pleased that I seem to be sticking to it this time.

Food for today: cereal, 3/4 turkey salad baguette for lunch with a small glass of apple juice, custard cream with a cup of tea this afternoon, chicken goujons with salad and chips for dinner, and my square of chocolate as a treat tonight (yum!). I haven't drank a lot of water today though, maybe about half a litre.

Exercise: None, apart from shopping. I've had a bit of a sore back today, and had cramp in my calf this morning so my leg doesn't feel quite right today! :( Think I need to really be careful with my movements when I do my DVD's, to make sure that I don't start hurting my back.

It's my 4th weigh-in tomorrow, and as I've said before, I am not expecting great results with what I've been eating this week, and missing my Body Combat class, but no matter what I won't let it get me down, and will keep on with it :)

I have to say, I am really enjoying receiving comments from my family on how well I'm doing. Everyone is really pleased that I seem to be sticking to it this time.

It's wonderful when your family is supportive. I love the moment when everyone start noticing you're losing weight and you start getting nice comments about how great you look :) It's super encouraging.

Good luck with your next weigh in!

It's wonderful when your family is supportive. I love the moment when everyone start noticing you're losing weight and you start getting nice comments about how great you look :) It's super encouraging.

Good luck with your next weigh in!

Thanks! It really does make all the difference to have people supporting you!

I'm glad to report that I lost 2lbs this week! :bliss: I'm on cloud 9 :D lol That means I'm only 3lbs away from my first big target of losing a stone for Xmas. I got another hug from my gran too :) And I took my body measurements, and I have lost another 5inches from my body too! So that's now just over 10inches in 4 weeks! lol Yes i know there's lots of exclamation marks today, which shows you how happy and excited I am about it all!!!

Anyhoo, onto the diary! Food for today: cereal, cup of tea, chicken on a roll for lunch with a sneaky custard cream, another cup of tea mid afternoon, mince round with some mashed potatoes and veg. I have drank just under a litre of water.

Exercise: Not long finished my Cardio DVD. Struggled with it a bit tonight! Arms and legs were hurting more than usual :( Hope that changes for next week!

Woohoo!! Well done hun, you're doing amazingly!! 10 inches is brilliant!! you must feel great! X

Thanks!! I have to say I did feel really good about myself today! :)

It's been a pretty decent day today. Work was a bit calmer now that my supervisor is back and can deal with any problems we had last week. I managed to get back into my regular eating pattern again.

On a different topic, my ex fiance added me as a friend on Facebook. I accepted it, but I'm not quite sure how I feel. I had actually emailed him not long ago basically spilling all my feelings and telling him that I was still in love with him etc (he left me though! lol). So I was quite confused as to why he added me, but I now know that he doesn't feel the same way. I don't seem to be upset about it though, so maybe we can try and be friends like we always said we would?

Anyway, back to the diary. Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), baked potato with tuna, coleslaw and salad, 1/2 cereal bar (mid afternoon), fish & chips for dinner.I have drank just under 2 litres of water today (yay!)

Exercise: Ran upstairs 5 times today at work when going to the toilet! lol But apart from that, it's my rest day :)

What a day it has been! :( This past couple of weeks at work have seriously been a nightmare! I am just a temp, yet now they have me training up some woman who will be taking over our roles when the company relocates. My supervisor is supposed to be training her up, but she made me do it today, when I've only been there a couple of months and still don't really know the job! It's just too stressful :( I will have to say something tomorrow if she tries to do it again , because I think they are just expecting far too much of me as a temp.

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), cheese roll for lunch, bolognese with some roast potatoes for dinner. With me being so busy at work I completely forgot about my mid afternoon cereal bar! I have drank about a litre of water today and had a cup of tea earlier.

Exercise: None today. Should be doing my DVD tonight, but I've had a really sore stomach all day today :( So will be doing it tomorrow instead.

I have an appointment with the nurse next week to get my blood pressure taken, and I really want to speak to her about the fact that I've been having cramps for about a week now! My totm isn't due until the end of this week. My mum thinks it may be something to do with my change in diet, so I want to see what the nurse thinks, just to be sure.

What a much better day it has been today! I finally stood up for myself and work and told my supervisor that I have been really struggling with the workload that she's been giving me and told her that I didn't feel comfortable at all training someone up yesterday, and that I don't want to be put in that position again. She did apologise, which was good!

This is the first night for a while that I've felt quite awake when I've got home from work. The past few nights I have been coming home absolutley exhausted! I'm not quite sure why though. It could just be the weather - but after dinner I just want to sit and get all wrapped up and just do nothing!

Food for today: cereal, cereal bar (mid morning), baked potato with tuna, coleslaw and salad, with some grapes afterwards for lunch, cereal bar (mid afternoon), 1 small slice cheese & tomato pizza with some chips for dinner. I really need to start being more inventive with my meals! I have basically been living off fish and chicken, with the odd bolognese of pizza thrown in! lol So I will work on that. I've drank just about a litre of water today.

Exercise: Did my Core DVD tonight, which wasn't quite as tiring as they have been the past few weeks. I was still out of breath and sweating though, so it's not like I'm finding them really easy now! lol

On another topic, I am starting to get into my usual Christmas spirit now! I think it's been all this talk about snow coming our way that's got me all excited, butI cannot wait!! I even worked out that there's only 22 working days left! haha :D

Ugh I feel awful today :( It's my totm and I am feeling so bloated and getting the worst pains in my stomach :(

Food for today: cereal, had a treat for mid morning break at work and had 2 small rashers of bacon with some scrambles egg and beans, tuna roll and some vegetable soup for lunch, spaghetti for dinner. I've drank 1.5 litres of water today and just had a cup of tea to warm myself up!

Exercise: None today apart from running upstairs at work to go to the loo!

I am sooo tired and crabby tonight, and just want to go to my bed :( Hopefully the pains will ease of by tomorrow. I'm just glad it's finally almost the weekend!

Hope you feel better tomorrow :(

I haven't been doing a food diary this weekend, because it's not been a very good weekend! Between totm and me still not feeling well, I haven't done any exercise (apart from some Xmas shopping and shovelling snow today). On the upside, I did manage to lose 0.5lbs at my weigh-in today, which I am still pleased about. Any loss is a good loss!

So food for today: cereal, 2 slices toast for lunch, custard cream with cup of tea this afternoon, dinner tonight was some diced beef with gravy, mashed potatoes and a small piece of pastry. I have only drank a few glasses of water today and had a couple of cups of tea.

Exercise: Built a snowman today and shovelled snow for about an hour!

so I'm hoping to get back on track next week with my food and exercise, and start getting some good losses again!

Completely forgot about my food diary yesterday! Which is strange, because I've been snowed in since yesterday and am struggling to find things to do to keep me going! The snow has reached 16 inches on our road and there's been no buses running through my town, so can't get into work at all! We're forecast for more snow tonight, so not too hopefully for tomorrow either, but if the buses are running, I will have to try and walk to the bus stop - which in itself is a task, since my wellies only come up to my ankles and the snow reaches my knees!!! :confused:

Anyhoo, food for today: Hasn't been great today! 2 slices toast for breakfast followed by a custard cream and cup of tea, soup with a roll at lunchtime, followed by a Blue Ribband and cup of tea, one square of dark chocolate late afternoon and another cup of tea, 2 chicken fingers with some chips for dinner. Water: I've drank 2 large glasses of water today. It's so hard not to go into hibernation mode at this time of year! I just cannot motivate myself to eat fruit and salads when it's this kind of weather - i just want hot food and drinks! Any tips on how to curb this?

Exercise: Did my Core DVD for 20 minutes tonight. Again, I'm finding it hard to really motivate myself to exercise with this weather! I just want to vegetate on the couch! lol

My ex recently got back in touch, and may be coming up here at some point in the new year, so that's kind of motivating me just now to keep up with everything so that I can look great if he does come up! That probably sounds silly, but I don't want him thinking that I'm struggling without him, and for him to think that he made a big mistake :)

As long as you have some kind of exercise, you're on your way to your closer goal. Also, if you feel like eating, just eat in smaller portions.

Well tonight I am miserable. I've had far too much time to think about things recently and now I'm sat on my bed crying my eyes out. Maybe my ex coming back into my life wasn't a good thing. I keep thinking about him, and I know that's not good for me. So I end up getting like this and making myself miserable :cry: I really need to pull myself together, but not quite sure how to do that to be honest.

Food for today: cereal for breakfast, cup of tea and bourbon biscuit, 2 slices toast for lunch and Blue Ribband for lunch, another cup of tea this afternoon, bolognese with some roast potatoes for dinner, 2 squares of chocolate. I've only drank one glass of water today.

Exercise: None today. I've actually vegetated on the couch for most of today :(

I'm starting to feel myself slipping, so I need to try and stay focused now. I think it's just the fact that I've been stuck at home all week this week, as when I'm at work my mind isn't on food, and I can stick to my healthy eating much better! Cabin fever is definitely setting in, so I think tomorrow I need to try and get out and just go for a walk somewhere!

I am feeling a bit better after yesterday. Ended up crying myself to sleep lastnight though :( I think it's partly something to do with this time of year. I love winter and love snow, but I think I do tend to suffer from SAD.

Food for today: cereal for breakfast, strawberry milk as snack, 4 cocktail sausage rolls for lunch with strawberry milk and a bit of shortbread, 1/2 cottage pie with 2 mashed potatoes for dinner with a glass of water, 2 squares of chocolate. I've only drank a couple of glasses of water today. So not a great day food-wise, but I really do want to improve this tomorrow!

Exercise: Took the dog out for a long walk tonight trudging through the snow! Next kettlebell DVD tomorrow night.

Re: Re: My journey

86alpzzyj said:
Awe hun sorry to hear you're down. I suffer from SAD also and I know how hard it can be so I thought I'd pop in and give you big virtual hugs xx

Thanks hun :) it just plays havoc with your emotions!

Right now I am in soooo much pain!! We spent just over 4 hours in our street digging out the cars, plus our neighbours cars. We did get help from the councils JCB after about an hour, but still took a long time! We must have inspired some of our neighbours too, because about 5 of them came out to dig themselves out too! Now we're all in agony! I've got sore wrists, arms, stomach, back and butt!! :( and I did my kettlebell DVD this morning before we started shovelling! We're absolutely knackered now!!! lol

Food for today: cereal, bowl of tomato soup followed by a custard cream for lunch, Chinese for dinner (a well deserved Chinese in my opinion!) - had chicken fried rice and chips. Just had my square of chocolate, and have drank 2 large glasses of water today.

Exercise: Resistance DVD this morning, and 4 hours of shovelling snow!

Well, after yesterday I am still in absolute agony today! :( My arms are killing me, and my back is so sore! But I'm kind of hoping that all that backbreaking work I did yesterday will count at my weigh-in tomorrow morning! Ended up staying in all day today, as I've been knackered all day and it's just far too cold to go out!

Most of this week I have been sat with my dressing gown on in the house just because it's been so cold, but today I felt a bit warmer, so had my jeans and a t-shirt on. I went into my grans for a cup of tea, and she was shocked by "how slim I looked". I have to admit my jeans were feeling pretty baggy on me today and were starting to fall down a bit! Think I may have to get myself a new pair soon - I hate ill-fitting jeans! lol But it was a great boost to me when my gran said that to me :)

Food for today: cereal, strawberry milk and a custard cream mid morning, 1/2 cup of tea, for lunch i had a Birds Eye baked to perfection chicken breast with tomato & basil sauce and some salad and one slice of bread with margarine, fruit salad mid afternoon, haddock and chips for dinner. I've also drank 3 1/2 glasses of water today.

Exercise: rest day today. Got my Core DVD to do tomorrow.

This week I honestly don't have a clue what the scales will say! Some weeks I am sure that I'm going to have a loss, whereas other weeks I think I'll have a gain (touch wood that hasn't happened yet though!). But this week I really don't know what the outcome will be!

Aww it's great when people notice eh
Well done hun
When's weigh in? X

It really does keep me motivated :)

Weigh in is tomorrow morning! Will be over the moon if I'm finally under 13st - haven't been in the 12s for about a year or so!

Back