My Journey :)

Oh bless you hun, can u change jobs? I know she would of won then but if it making u ill maybe its something to think about!

Yeah I think that's why I'm going to do. Been there 15 years but my health is far more important. If anyone is in the insurance industry let me know...lol!! I've registered with 2 agencies today xxx

Sounds like the best idea hun, gd luck and I hope u find something soon, I hated a workplace I worked in and left, was the best thing I ever did!!

Lily first you need to speak to your employer and explain whats been happening. Be honest and tell them how you feel about it. Ask for their advice (this is important as it shows you want to make things better. Ask them what they can do and tell them what you can do).Then keep a log of all meetings etc and what was said. You can take a friend in if you want to. It doesnt have to be anyone who works there.

Request another meeting, say in a month and if nothing has changed then state that you will be seeking external advice. Are you a member of a union?

Have a look at this: Constructive dismissal : Directgov - Employment

and if you need more help please feel free to give me a shout :) Im not a lawyer but i have taken an ex workplace to a tribunal and won outright. Remember this, you can lose the weight... sounds like she will always be a bully.
k x

Morning hunni, keep your chin up today. Monday is another step closer to the weekend :)

Morning! Hope your day goes well :eek:) and fingers crossed the agencies you have signed up with have something.

But totally agree with the lady who mentions 'constructive dismissal' and it is worth looking in to xxx

Hey Lily,

Hope you're having a good day and remember you'll show her!!!! You're a good person and that's the most important thing, really you feel sorry for her if she's so miserable she has to pick on you to make herself feel better. Pity her babe xxxx

hi Lily
Hope work was better for you today :)
k x

Evening everyone.

Thank you soooo much for all your advice and support. I had a meeting with my manager today and I was shocked when she said she would never want to see me leave and was there anything she could do. She is going to have a think about how she can help and pick up with me on Wednesday. I think she could tell h ow upset I was as it was the first time I had cried in front of her. Today wasn't too bad, but then we had some more bad news. Not only are my grandparents ill but hubby's nan has now been rushed into hospital by ambulance this morning with her heart problem. Even though he has so much on his mind, he still cleaned the whole house and made sure I was ok before he told me....love him soooo much!! I'm so lucky. Hoping things get better for us soon.

How is everyone else today? Sorry I have been down recently, I think everything just got on top of me. How I have managed to stick to the diet I will never know!!!! Xxxxx

Firsty well done on sticking to the diet in such bad times, amazing so hats off to you and I am so so so glad you spoke to your manager and what a lovely thing to hear that she didn't want you to leave, let's hope they can do something about her and stop all this stress for you!!
So sorry to hear about your husbands nan I hope she is ok and makes a speedy recovery!!! Hugs to u hun and well done on the gd day!!!

Thanks hunni! Everything just seems to come at once!!! Xxx

Just catching up now hun, sorry to hear about everything you are going through! Must be very hard for you I hope things pick up soon. Looks like the work situation at least may be getting sorted?
Well done for sticking to the diet through out this, shows how strong and determined you are! xxx

Hi Lily
Just decided to pop on over and have a look at your diary after your nice post on mine. Sounds like you're doing fabulously especially after the tough time you're having. Just think, if you can get back on the wagon (which, let's face it .... is the hardest thing to do on this diet) while all this is going on, you'll be just fine. looking forward to hearing how you get on at WI on Weds xxx

Awwww thanks guys!! Much appreciated :)

I've decided to keep looking into new jobs as I think after 16 years a change would be good for me!! So if any of you are in the recruitment sector in the Southampton area let me know....lol!!!

I'm actually looking forward to weigh in as I know I have been good 100%. I'm finding that I lose more if I drink 3 litres of water....does anyone else do that?

How are you all today anyway? Anyone weighing in tonight? Xxxx

Hey honey, i think after 16 years a change is in order so go for it! What do you do?

I have a busy night ahead, hubby is laying carpet in the marquee, I have the Court Leet arriving any minute for one of there meetings here, my assistant due any moment to help me with a load of paperwork and a wedding fayre to organise! Before I even start on housework and washing! My diamond of a 17yr old has put the 3 and 4 yr old to bed- she is the biggest godsend ever :)

Hey Hun, I'm a technical advisor for an insurance co. your job sounds amazing...I want to do that! I adore wedding fares. I adored planning my own wedding and my sisters. Mother in law was so impressed, she has asked me to help with hers! Step father in law said I should be a wedding planner, but I'm not sure where I would start. It would be my dream job!!! Xxxx

Hey Lily,

When I drink lots of water I seem to pee the fat out. That's half my problem, not drinking enough. Drank loads yesterday and Lost 3lbs overnight. AND I'm the same weight tonight as I was this morning which is amazing for me lol! Usually about 1 or 2lbs heavier at night and whatever I weigh at night the following morning I'm usually 1lb or so lighter :D I know I weigh myself too often but it keeps me honest. It's when I stop jumping on the scales that I tend to nibble...........

P.S Jobcentreplus will be advertising for AO's soon, starting salary round about £16500, shall I keep you updated? x

LilyPotter said:
Hey Hun, I'm a technical advisor for an insurance co. your job sounds amazing...I want to do that! I adore wedding fares. I adored planning my own wedding and my sisters. Mother in law was so impressed, she has asked me to help with hers! Step father in law said I should be a wedding planner, but I'm not sure where I would start. It would be my dream job!!! Xxxx

It's great to do, but damn hard work! I built the business from nothing when we moved here nearly 5 years ago. won wedding venue of the year for 2010 and we are so busy now it is untrue! My hubby had to stop touring with bands and work with me full time. We love that we are so different to hotels and every wedding here is all about the couple, whatever they want to achieve we make it happen :)

You could start wedding planning as a part time job, but it will take over your life lol! Maybe have some vistaprint postcards done and drop them off at bridal shops etc and you might need to do a couple for a minimal amount of money to build up a portfolio. Speak to some venues as they might hand your cards out to their brides too. Obviously check out your local competition too to see what they are doing/special offers etc.

It is so rewarding, I love what I do and had one of our 2008 couples turn up to see us today with their baby.

So exciting times for you ahead then! XxxX

P.S Jobcentreplus will be advertising for AO's soon, starting salary round about £16500, shall I keep you updated? x

Aww thanks for thinking of me Hun, really appreciate it. Xxx
How are you anyway? Everything ok? When is your next weigh in? Xxxx

Back