My JUDDD Diary - 35 pounds to lose

Pastaholic

UD: 2000
DD: 400

Monday, 29.10,12 (DD)

Start weight: 199.5
Goal weight: 164
After first DD: 196.5 (-3)

I started this diet two days ago with a DD weighing 199.5. Today is DD number two, and, depending on how today goes, I'll likely weigh myself again tomorrow morning. It would be great if I maintained the three pound loss, but I'm not too confident. I think I ate waaay too much on my first UD yesterday. I went into a bit of a junk food frenzy!

I plan to just have one meal today at tea time. We're having spaghetti bolognese made with wholewheat spaghetti and I'll measure a 400 calorie portion.

Ok, being home all day on a DD with home made bolognese sauce simmering away in a slow cooker is a baaaaad idea! :) tummy rumbling!

Trying to be as accurate as possible and get today's calories as close to 400 as I can.

I'm having 60 grams of spaghetti pasta: 196 calories
125 grams of the mince = 235 calories

This adds up to 431. However, the mince has loads of veg mixed in so a 125g serving should actually be less than 235. Therefore, I'm going to assume that I'm eating about 400 calories in total.

Day 4, UD

Start weight: 199.5
Current weight: 194.5

You've gotta love water weight! Five pounds off in four days is incredible. Let's hope it stays off!

My second DD yesterday was tough, really tough. I felt really bloated all day yesterday too. Saving up all my calories for that evening meal was challenging, but as soon as I ate it, I felt satisfied for the entire evening! In other words, it was really tough up until 5:30pm yesterday, but then it was smooth sailing. I am soooo happy today is an UD. I just hope I don't binge on junk food like I did on my last UD.

Positives - I don't feel bad or weak at all, and don't really feel all that hungry. I've lost five pounds so far. The bloating has gone. I'm already starting to be a bit more affectionate with my husband, less guarded.
Negatives - My sleep has been a bit disturbed. While I fall asleep fairly easily now, which is great, I keep waking up stupidly early. I've broken out into spots, which may or may not be related.

Just looked up my old diary on here from when I was trying the whole low carb thing. I managed to get my weight down to 188.5, but it simply was not sustainable. I would love to see the 180's again!

Wow, UD's are amazing. I feel really good, although slightly concerned that I'm going to over-eat and completely blow the whole diet. I think that's just previous 'diet' mentality talking....whereas I don't really want to think of this as a diet even though a big goal is to lose some weight!

Like the book said, I have found myself craving more veg than normal.... I don't know if that's just because I expected to because I read it in the book, or if there's an actual biological process going on....who cares I guess!

Hard to believe I'm already on DD no.3 today. I feel like I REALLY ate too much on my UD yesterday, so am actually thankful that today's a DD - let's hope that feeling lasts all day! I'll be very surprised if I don't show a gain tomorrow morning after everything I ate yesterday.

Having this time off work is great as for the first time in aaaages I can focus on myself and my health. Unfortunately it's not gonna last as I've got quite a stressful week next week.

In order to be successful at a PhD you have to pass a 'viva', where the examiners interview you for about 2-3 hours and you have to defend your research. At the end of it, they kick you out of the interview room, talk about you, then invite you back in to tell you whether you've passed or failed. It's extra stressful for me as I have a job offer that is dependent on my being successful next week!

I'm posting that on here because it's all tied in to my weight loss. I feel like if I can start to get my weight under control and lose a few before my viva, I'll feel much better about myself, more confident, etc. I've already noticed that I can think more clearly on this diet, so that certainly should help too!

Good luck with the interview! It's very stressful I know, sounds like you're doing great on the diet so far, I've lost around the same as you and started properly on the saturday just gone, was following it loosely for a few days prior to that. What is your PhD in?

One nice thing I've noticed is that we always seem to have leftovers in the fridge now! It's a double-edged sword though, as I'm more likely to indulge on them during UD's. Today I plan to have the same thing I had on my last DD, leftover spaghetti bolognese. If I'm really finding it difficult I might eat half of it at around 2:00 or so. I'm aiming for 400 calories again.

Day 6. UD

Starting weight: 199.5
Current weight: 193.0 (-6.5)

Well I just can't believe it, another 1.5lb drop from two days ago! I thought for sure I'd either STS or even see a small gain considering how much I enjoyed my last UD! I've woken really early again, but I feel really good and wide awake so am not too bothered. I probably got six hours of sleep. Looking forward to some good food on my UD today!

I'm starting to see a tiny bit of difference in how my clothes fit. Annoyingly, I always seem to lose my hips and bum first, before my waist starts to shrink. I don't really mind my hips or bum, but haaaaaaate my muffin top!!!

Years ago i used to be a keen runner (up to five miles per day), and now that I'm 39 I can really feel it in my knees! However, I can already feel the pain reducing somewhat, which is fantastic. Who knows, maybe ill take it up again in the near future :)

So happy to be over six pounds lighter already!

Thanks Teresa! I think I would like to take it up again, but will wait and see how my knees fare. I think I worked them a bit too hard in the past. For now, my elliptical trainer provides a nice, smooth cardio workout..... Not the same though!

Had a good UD yesterday. I always feel like I'm eating waaaay too much on UD's, but as long as I continue to see a weekly loss I'm not going to worry about it! I haven't decided if tomorrow morning will be my official first week WI, or if I'll wait until after my next DD.

Noticed two really nice changes yesterday - I had some work to do and my work trousers kept trying to fall off! I also noticed that I couldn't gorge myself as much as I normally do. We had chilli con carne yesterday, which I love, and I normally have waaaaaay too much. I still ate too much, but not nearly as much as I normally would. lol.

Oh yeah, those spots I had are now gone and, like others, my skin seems really soft and much more clear now. Weird!! I wonder what causes that??? I should have gone into medicine :)

I hope my viva goes ok next week..... In the future I think it'd be great to work with patients who are struggling with weight issues - if I get mine under control, that is!

Found your diary...... hi:D

Don't worry too much about the UD as eventually your mind (and your body) both start to really believe that if you want something you can have it, if not today then tomorrow. It's an amazing feeling knowing you really can eat what you want ~ I find it makes me less manic (almost calmer) when it comes to UD, and it's only been a week and a bit!

I used to run too but not since I had my youngest. Not sure if I'll ever get back to it but my knees are definitely improved now... might stick to swimming sedately on oldies morning:D xx

Well, just as I feared, I think I enjoyed my last UD a bit too much and have gained a pound :( I'm not surprised, but am a bit disappointment. Therefore, my loss for week 1 is 5.5 pounds. Not too shabby! If I wouldn't have weighed myself through the week I would never know I just gained back a pound. I'm now going to make sure I don't go completely overboard on UD's and will also re-introduce some exercise.

Pastaholic said:
Well, just as I feared, I think I enjoyed my last UD a bit too much and have gained a pound :( I'm not surprised, but am a bit disappointment. Therefore, my loss for week 1 is 5.5 pounds. Not too shabby! If I wouldn't have weighed myself through the week I would never know I just gained back a pound. I'm now going to make sure I don't go completely overboard on UD's and will also re-introduce some exercise.

Fantastic result!! Well done you!

Back