My JUDDD Diary - 35 pounds to lose

Very sorry to report I've gone off track this past week - all the recent celebrations got the better of me! I'm starting again tomorrow with a DD and won't weigh myself for at least a week because I know it'll be disappointing!

I have a few important things coming up which I'd love to lose some weight for - starting a new job in two weeks, graduation in four weeks.

Pastaholic said:
Gonna try having just slimfast shakes for my DD today. Trying to be extra strict with myself now!

I start back on it tomorrow hope you did ok today with your shakes!

On my 2nd DD today after going off track. Just having slimfast shakes is pretty tough, but I like how easy it is and all the vitamins and minerals they contain - not so keen on all the sugar in them though.

Pastaholic said:
Have decided to weigh myself again on Saturday after another DD. Not looking forward to it though!

I will weigh myself tomorrow so fingers crossed..
Been slightly off kilter for about a week, not put on that much but enough to warrant a rethink!
Just getting the shoulder to the grindstone and back on track for Christmas.

Keep your chin up, we can soo do this!

How did your weigh-in go Biggus? I'm 194, which is one pound heavier than I was two weeks ago :-(

I always knew this week was going to be damage control after going off track....still a little disappointing though!

A pound isn't bad after all that celebrating!
I tried the shakes too, as they are recommended in the book, but I can't see how something so full of sugar is supposed to keep you feeling full, when it is just going to cause a big insulin spike and make your blood sugar fall. I was hungry after half an hour again.
well done for getting back on track...it's all downhill till Christmas!

maccalenny said:
A pound isn't bad after all that celebrating!
I tried the shakes too, as they are recommended in the book, but I can't see how something so full of sugar is supposed to keep you feeling full, when it is just going to cause a big insulin spike and make your blood sugar fall. I was hungry after half an hour again.
well done for getting back on track...it's all downhill till Christmas!

Totally agree re the sugar. I had a look for some shakes with less sugar bur for now I'm gonna try just having soup on my DD tomorrow. Will take vitamins as well. Am going to aim for 400 calories.

Re shakes, Patrick Holford does one called get up and go, with no added sugar and lots of nutrition. You do have to blend it with fruit, as it is not too tasty on its own. Also costs a bomb, but you know you are getting a decent product, not rubbish. It is ok with a few strawberries or half a banana.

Back