My JUDDD Diary - 35 pounds to lose

Not sure if this is the diet for me.... I'm really good at sticking to DD's, but nearly always over-indulge on UD's. I've started to do lots of exercise to try and counteract it, but its hard work! I'll wait and see what my weight is after this week....

Stick with it...you need a few weeks to settle into it I think. Can you make a plan for what you are going to eat on your ud, with some nice stuff so you don't feel deprived? That might help you not to get too carried away.

I think it takes a while to settle into ud's. Dd's are easier as there are are strict rules! I have definitely eaten too much on some of my ups, but today I think I had my first good one.

I agree give it some time. It took me a few weeks and then it clicked and then foolishly i thought i would change to Hannah's way and I am finding it a bit harder again. From next monday going back to alternate again mon weds and fri and hoping I can get the balance right.

I did try combining SW and Juddd but for me it just made everything harder so hopefully trusting Juddd and my body will co operate

Good luck don't make any hasty decisions you havent been judding very long xx

Hmm it seems we all struggle with UDs, and I thought I was the only one! Maybe we should just be easier on ourselves and give it a bit of time? At the end of the day we are still losing weight and doing IF which is amazing for our health! :grouphugg:

Thanks very much everyone for your kind support. It's why I love this forum! I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet - far too stubborn for that :)

That said, I screwed up my first DD today. OH unexpectedly took the day off & we went to Ikea where I had a few too many meatballs!

Nevertheless, I'm determined to see the 180's again by the time I graduate in 3.5 weeks!!!!!

xxx

I love ikea! Always spend too much money though.
I'm semi-veggie so I don't eat meatballs, but I love their dime cake. Also their fish and chips. And their breakfasts.
Basically I don't blame you for getting carried away there!
good luck for tomorrow.

Just wanted to tell everyone that I've decided to stop JUDDDing for now. I'm not giving up, but am changing tactics and placing much more emphasis on building up a regular exercise routine and overall healthier eating. The most important thing I think doing this diet has taught me is that I can feel a bit hungry sometimes and it doesn't kill me! .....that I can last between meals and don't always have to reach for food the first instant I feel peckish.

What JUDDD, and all the other diet plans don't ever seem to mention are the psychological reasons for over-eating. You'd think with a doctorate in clinical psychology I'd be able to tackle those. lol. Anyway, I'm going to focus on those as well. Like many, I've got underlying reasons why I started to gain weight which I've never fully overcome, and I know that they have nothing to do with food, calories, exercise, etc, but have to do with feelings.

I wish you all the BEST of luck, and I'll still nip in from time-to-time. Who knows, I may still give JUDDD another go in the future!

xxx

Just wanted to tell everyone that I've decided to stop JUDDDing for now. I'm not giving up, but am changing tactics and placing much more emphasis on building up a regular exercise routine and overall healthier eating. The most important thing I think doing this diet has taught me is that I can feel a bit hungry sometimes and it doesn't kill me! .....that I can last between meals and don't always have to reach for food the first instant I feel peckish.

What JUDDD, and all the other diet plans don't ever seem to mention are the psychological reasons for over-eating. You'd think with a doctorate in clinical psychology I'd be able to tackle those. lol. Anyway, I'm going to focus on those as well. Like many, I've got underlying reasons why I started to gain weight which I've never fully overcome, and I know that they have nothing to do with food, calories, exercise, etc, but have to do with feelings.

I wish you all the BEST of luck, and I'll still nip in from time-to-time. Who knows, I may still give JUDDD another go in the future!

xxx

Oh pastaholic, sad to see you go, don't be a stranger! We will miss you but good luck doing what a girls gotta do.
All the best from me, hugs xx

Don't know if anyone is still reading my thread. Just read a great book that I found quite motivating. It's called 'Secrets of a Forner Fat Girl'. The only thing slightly bad about it is its very American!

I'm still losing weight - just sticking to a low'ish daily calorie limit & an exercise routine. Lost two pounds this week :)

Hope you are all doing great!

Xx

Still here! Lol, glad u enjoyed your read, will look out for it!

Back