My life is as good as an ABBA song!

ah but the reason you have not joined the legions of the undead is because of all the garlic we use in the meals to add taste LOL. And of course the 'stakes' we eat, full of protein.

LOL, sorry couldn't resist.

'only' a lb - better than a 1 on! Dont know where you are CG in the EU but blimey the sun has got to you - LOL x

Another scorching day, it's getting old very fast. I'm so sick of the heat and there's no relief in sight. Ah well.

PV today:
B-muffins, coffee, yoghurt
L-chicken sausage patties - still working on the ideal spice blend for these, steamed broccoli
D-chilled cucumber and prawn soup
S-more yoghurt, cherry toms, couple radishes

Brain fried.

Send that heat over here, into July and its still only about 17deg here, need it warmer now. Fed up of wearing boots and woolies and its supposed to be summer !!!!

Send that heat over here, into July and its still only about 17deg here, need it warmer now. Fed up of wearing boots and woolies and its supposed to be summer !!!!

Our nighttime lows are higher than that!

Another week, another weighin, another pound (down, that is). I've finally made it to the elusive 170s, and whilst I know it's only a lb different to last week I somehow feel the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter now. No sense denying the power the scales have over our mental state. I'm not going to complain it was only a pound, it is still a loss and quite honestly I've been a slacker in the exercise department as only the very brave or truly insane would dare exercise in this sweltering heat (at the gym I suppose but as I've mentioned, I'm not the gym type). I've gone from walking nearly 5km a day to just over 2km, and that has to be done early in the morning and then after the sun's gone down as otherwise I fear heat stroke or some other collapse - me or the dog or both - were I to venture out in the sun. And inside my flat is no better, the only exception being with the shades drawn there's no direct sun. Otherwise the temp is the same!

PP today
L-hamburger steak
D-grilled chicken breast
S-cherry sf jelly, yoghurt

Well done, your in the 170s!! told you it would come!! hope the weather sorts itself out for you, the last thing you and the dog need is heat stroke!! Cx

Well done CG, in the 170s club whoop, can totally understand the walking problem on holiday it was like doing a marathon and getting nowhere, dangerous......little and often gets there in the end xxx

Hi :wavey:You are doing really well, great menus and well done for pushing urself to get out and about even in all that heat! Its never easy to push ourselves when we lose a pound or less, those big weightlosses for me are far and few between BUT a pound is heavy and as u have shown they all add up!! You have already lost a fab amount and I take inspiration from you seeing the bigger picture, 'seeing the light at the end of the tunnel' thats definitely the right attitude to have! Thankyou :)

Oy, finally the temp has let up a bit and although it's still warmer than I like it, it feels heaven in comparison with the past nearly 2 weeks!

PV
L-turkey-sauerkraut stew
D-*breaded* chicken strips

I can't wait to make the chicken tonight, I'll be using nutritional yeast as the breading. Read somewhere on the internet that we can have 2 tbsp/day of the stuff, never had it but it sounds lovely so I picked some up today at what they call the bio shop around here. I've a feeling it's a tolerated, so I'll keep it to 1 tbsp and defo not every day.

Sara, I'm not pool material yet :eek:

Hmm sounds lovely. Let us know what its like

Well the nutritional yeast was interesting. I cut the chicken into strips so I had about 8 pieces and the 2 tbsp didn't go a long way at all. I suppose breading a whole breast would have been the smarter thing to do but I rarely think that far ahead :)

Notwithstanding the tempermental scales, all the clothes that 1) were tight 2 summers ago and 2) I couldn't even get over my hips last summer are now loose. My stomach is still rather jolly so I must be losing inches in width as opposed to girth, if that makes any sense:)

PV
B-the usual suspects
L-grilled chick breasts, mushrooms, mungo sprouts
D-slow cooker beef w/broccoli, carrots
S-yoghurt, fromage frai w/1 tsp cocoa :eek:

My yoghurt maker has been expedited! I'm like a kid at Christmas! And weather-wise the forecast is calling for low to mid 20s at the weekend! All is right with the world.

Oy and I had a very strange day this week, the whole day I just couldn't stand Dukan any more and it kept running through my mind that I wouldn't be able to stick it out, that it just wasn't going to be doable for me. It was a very strong feeling, lasted the entire day and it nearly had me in a panic. Next day I was fine, so I'm not sure where all the frustration came from. Maybe I'm just going mental (it'll be a short trip)

I think we all have days like that where we're on the brink of throwing in the towel. It's good to be a little mental, but glad to hear that you're back on it today!:)

PP
B- :)
L-grilled chicken breast
D-mince flan
S-yoghurt, sf jelly

Made chocolate orange muffins today, they're in the fridge and I can't wait to have my allotment in the morning :) The yoghurt maker has arrived (to the post office, anyway) so I'll pick it up tomorrow and this weekend I'll be making yoghurt! How exciting! I am thinking I might buy some containers to store it in the fridge, the jars are 150ml each. I think they'd take up too much room in the already cramped fridge, so if I got some 300-400ml containers with lids there'd be less clutter.

yogurt maker!! I love mine, I make four pots every week, lovely with the rhubarb for breakfast. Cx

Back