My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Well, M&S anyway. The debenhams seems to have permanently closed shop :(
It's not the diet food capital of the universe but on the other hand, when I first came here I quickly lost weight without even trying just by doing what they do here: lunch is the main meal of the day and dinner is something quite light, maybe a slice of bread, butter and some tomatoes and peppers. I drank alcohol, ate desserts and never counted 1 calorie. Pork is the national vegetable here and ALL food is fried, even cauliflower. :) I walked to work and back every day, about 3 miles in total, and altho I had no scales then within 4 or 5 months I was wearing a size 10. Just goes to show you, my food problems are all mental! They like to say here - eat breakfast alone, share your lunch with a friend and give your dinner to your enemy (a take on the eat breakfast like a king saying).

Well that was about 14 years ago, the 'west' has caught up with the former eastern bloc and now there are as many fat people here as there are everywhere else. Nice, huh?? When I came here I'm sure I was the fattest person in my town, except maybe for the octogenerian women, never saw a fat girl or woman and now the high school girls are all overweight. Sad, sad.

But I digress!!! Rant over. Thanks for listening :)

Wow it always amazes many how many of our dukaneers are living amazing lives away from the UK in foreign climes :) - what took you to Bratislava all those years ago? (I'm presuming you're from UK originally :))

I must say having been in the depths of Europe earlier this year, it did strike me how comparatively slimmer the girls are there than here :) I felt HUGE :eek:

The price the west pays for affluence is abundance of food (unfortunately most of it refined) and increasing waistlines :( d'oh x

PP day
B-banana flavoured muffins, coffee
L-grilled salmon
D-grilled chicken breast (2)
desserts, snacks - sf jelly, dukan mousse, 1 slice lf ham, nf yoghurt

No wonder I have such problems keeping a food diary - that's an awful lot of food!
I am addicted to the muffins, I make them in batches of 12 with different flavourings each time. I'll probably never use my allotment of oatbran in anything else:)
mmmmmm banana flavoured muffins sound like heaven could u give me the recipe please x

flippin heck got square eyes from reading ur diary lol u've done sooo well congrats on the weight u've lost so far, it's members like u that will keep me going thank you x

My standard muffin recipe - 12 muffins=3/day/4 days:

8 tablespoons oat bran
4 tbsp wheat bran
pinch salt
1 tub (250g) ff quark
5 tbsp sweetener
3 whole eggs plus 1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
lately been adding a packet of yeast (7g)
your choice of flavourings

Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Combine all other ingredients and fold in whites. Spoon into muffin form and bake at 190C about 15-20 min.
That said, I've become too lazy to beat the whites and so have been just mixing all of the above together in one whack. I guess I did something wrong once and they turned out weird, but now they're fine even without beating the whites. :)

My standard muffin recipe - 12 muffins=3/day/4 days:

8 tablespoons oat bran
4 tbsp wheat bran
pinch salt
1 tub (250g) ff quark
5 tbsp sweetener
3 whole eggs plus 1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
lately been adding a packet of yeast (7g)
your choice of flavourings

Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Combine all other ingredients and fold in whites. Spoon into muffin form and bake at 190C about 15-20 min.
That said, I've become too lazy to beat the whites and so have been just mixing all of the above together in one whack. I guess I did something wrong once and they turned out weird, but now they're fine even without beating the whites. :)

hi hun thanks for recipe will try them tomorrow :) (i hope that's a good idea lol) x

Snuggles wait till you taste them wow x

hi hun thanks for recipe will try them tomorrow :) (i hope that's a good idea lol) x

My every day breakfast - 3 muffins, coffee, yoghurt :) I know some people make bread and others like the galette but I always come back to the muffins! In fact, I'm about the make a batch right now - for some reason they taste better to me after having sat overnight in the fridge

CG, I agree there more cake like the next day...wish the good doctor would double the daily allowance so we could have muffins and the bread..there I go Gready chops

My faviorate flavours are
Lemon with lemon curd topping
Coconut
Chocolate orange
vanilla
Ginger
Cinnamon
Praline ish

Praline from the Dukan shop sort of chocolate nutty and its only on my list because its ok.....ish......

Well I had an unplanned weekend off :) Went to a friend's lakeside cottage and ended up staying 2 nights instead of 1, drank a bottle of wine each night but actually didn't do too badly food-wise. We yacked our heads off 20 hours the first day, got 4 hours sleep and started again, all in all a good weekend.

Now, I'm starting to worry about continuing on Dukan. The problem is that at least for me, being able to eat until you croak is maybe not such a good idea - being a binge eater. I have no clue as to what portion size is normal and I'm pretty sure that eating 1kg of meat each day is undesirable. I've become an absolute bottomless pit! I think I've become more obsessed with food too. In any event I'm not right back on the dukan wagon yet, I am still doing all PV days. I just feel stuck in a rut and I'm wondering what my best path is for shifting these last 30ish pounds.

Hope everyone had at least half as nice a weekend as I did :)

Hi CG! How are you getting on? Have you made any decisions about Dukan yet?

Sounds like a great weekend with your friend! :D

Back