My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Grrr! I tried to start catching up on diaries but one of my worst fears has become reality - I have a toothache that would fell an elephant and I'd honestly rather remove and eat my own spleen (or worse, do the washing up!) than go to the dentist (I was quite traumatised by the butchery of a so-called dentist who did some root canals in my teeth way back when). But the pills aren't stopping the pain any more so I finally called the dentist tonight. Don't actually have an appointment, she said I can come in any day from 11.30-13.30, so we'll see if I have the courage to actually go! But I feel pretty proud of myself that I even picked up the phone and called her, for me that's really saying something.

Keep missing the bus as it comes by but I'm beginning to feel my motivation is on the rise so I hope to get my head in the required place very soon, but I suppose the tooth needs mending first.

Hope you all had a lovely hump-day, it's downhill to the weekend from here on! :D

Good your fighting your dentist demon xxx nothing worse than toothache xxx lol I hate washing up too. Hope that motivation comes back and pushes you straight on the bus xxx the door is open just jump on we pass very regular xxx

Cheese, I was totally phobic about the dentist for many years, and underwent some butchery too. Good practice has changed, and tooth trouble is always better dealt with sooner rather than later 'cos it will only get worse. Be brave my friend, it won't be as bad as you fear and if you leave it, infection could spread to other teeth and the whole situation could become a whole lot worse. Go for it, darling, and I'll be thinking of you xx

Last edited:
How your doing??? Thinking of you with the blasted toothache!:( Hope you were brave and saw the dentist - took me twenty years and a broken tooth before I would go and in that time I had four abcesses on one tooth which I popped with a pin each time and then the tooth fell out - learnt my lesson! xxx

Come back to us xxx

Thanks, lovelies :)
So I managed to get myself to the dentist, don't think it was really that I overcame my fear of the dentist but rather that I dreaded the worsening pain. Soooo, apparently had a cavity which she filled but methinks that wasn't the end of it cuz it still hurts at times. But the real problem seems to be on the other side where I have a necrotic tooth that needs yanking. See why I hate the dentist?? So now I can look forward to a tooth extraction, 2 weeks' healing and then some filing down of adjacent teeth and a bridge. To be fair, this is a tooth that split on me about 14 years ago and I've had a temporary crown on it since as my fear wouldn't let me get it taken care of and so the tooth ultimately died. And in all honesty, my fear was waaay worse than the actual pain of the drilling :)

Been quite busy with work as well (hoorah) and every time I came on here to catch up on diaries I got all stressed and overwhelmed, you miss a few weeks and you can never really catch up! So to everyone - I'm not even going to try to catch up as it's an impossible task, I'm just going to jump right into the current affairs and figure things out as I go :)

Part 2: :D

Not really following any diet these days, think I reached my breaking point weight-wise. I'm not completely back to where I originally started with CD but it's close enough and I'm officially queen hefertiti and let me tell ya I'm not liking it much. I've a new treadmill in my bedroom and have been on it every morning since Tuesday. I'm consciously limiting carbs but not being as strict as dukan, in fact for some reason I scarfed an entire whole nut milka bar on Wednesday and another one on Thursday, but as of Friday morning I'm down 2.4lbs from Monday and the exercise actually seems to do away with my constant hunger.

My plan is to sort of keep up the treadmill sessions and hopefully just slide comfortably into some normal eating pattern which for now seems to be a modified dukanish type of thing.

So that's me :) Hope everyone's life is fabulous ;)

Hey forget about catching up on diaries....most of us do them for ourselves xxx some where to down load, equate and justify.....as long as you post and on your own diary we catch up with

It's great to hear from you Renata! Thanks for checking in. And we'll done on the running - far more important to be fit than slim, and better for the mood too. Glad the work's coming in. Do pop in again when you get a moment. Is it blistering lay hot there yet? Spring is proving very slow to show it's face here this year. Take care xx

Hello!!!!! Renata!!! Nice to see you and brilliant news on the treadmilling, keep on running!! x

Morning Renata xxx hows your week been??? hope all is good xxx

Still around, just not on here all that much :)
I now have air conditioning at home! I'm so excited! Of course, now that the cow has gotten the a/c the weather is hideously pleasant, off and on sunny and in the mid 20s(C) which for me is the perrrfect temp, low humidity too. But I'm certain had I NOT had the thing installed it would right now be approaching 40 degrees with 187% humidity and I'd be in death throes on the floor somewhere drowning in a pool of my own sweat so it's all good. :)
I'm giving c25k a go starting tomorrow, I've downloaded a thing to my mp3 player so wish me luck!
Hope all is well in your 'hoods!

When my toe has heeled, im going to join you in the C25K, wish it was in the mid 20s here and not the under 10s lol x

Back