My life is as good as an ABBA song!

dnsf, how rude of me! I apologize for the mixup, was on my phone without my reading glasses - rendering me effectively impaired :)

LOL, I had to read it twice and then go up the page to understand why you were apologising to me, only cos I re read my original recipe request I knew what you meant LOL. Dopy me. Thanks for recipe, I can't wait to try it. Yum!!

Who'da ever thunk this exercise lark would be the business for me??? I'm loving it! I feel great, I'm able to turn my nose up at any unfriendly foods and just in general am feeling up and positive.

Food, in no particular order
yoghurt, hb eggs, lean ham
roast chicken (well, breast only - I'm not fond of the dark meat)
sauteed cabbage and carrots
rhubarb parfait

Well tomorrow's my last day of week 1 c25k! I'm actually looking forward to it!

Made some broth from yesterday's chicken carcass, turned out really good. Will be tipping that into small zipper bags to whack in the freezer for future use. As I was too lazy to mince the turkey breast I had bought yesterday, I decided to dice it into small chunks and proceeded to make a sort of chili out of it, kind of a kitchen sink type thingy. Lots of turk breast, passata, onion, cabbage, carrot, bns, a bit of courgette and finally a few handfuls of fresh spinach. Lots of spices. I'm sure I won't ever be able to repeat the recipe but it turned out brilliant, had 2 huge bowls for lunch :)

Am now attempting to make ice cream sans ice cream maker. Heated some skim evaporated milk (thought it might be creamier if I used evaporated milk), whacked in some yolks and some sf coconut syrup, cooked the yolks through and it's now cooling. Will then pop into freezer and hopefully in a few hours I'll have some nice refreshing creamy ice cream!

Oh and also, bf brought home a fresh hen (already plucked, luckily) complete with feet and giblets. Ack. Sorry, I'm a city girl at heart and my meat comes on a polystyrene tray, thank you very much. My mom spent her summers as a girl at her aunt's farm (communism, no running water or plumbing) and she loved to regale us with her chicken being swung by the neck stories and how the small kids loved gnawing on the boiled chicken feet. But I digress, what I really need to know is what should I do with this bird? Should I hack it into quarters and freeze it to make broth from the pieces later? I'm assuming the meat is too tough to simply shove in the oven and roast. Sorry if I seem daft, but I really haven't a clue!

what a fab word....said quickly sounds like your swearing LOL, as for chicken, I assume you cook it exactly the same as you would a chicken on the plastic tray. Google hunni, best invention yet............all answers found LOL.

Sooo, completed week 1 of c25k! :cool: Bring on week 2! Running intervals increase to 90 seconds, gulp

Need to come up with an exercise plan for days I don't run (using this term lightly, of course). Thinking about alternating, making use of the myriad exercise dvds I've purchased and not used over the years :) Maybe yoga one day, pilates another day, etc. - billy blanks, shred, I've got them all :eek:

Well done Renata!! you are making me feel guilty i need to get my backside shifting too, broken toe is still painful so i dont think itll be running for me, may do some Davina in the conservatory if my foot is holding out. x

well done on week one, I downloaded it all too, but still not done it. I have a big self conscious problem with running down the street and every one staring LOL. How do you do it. brave you xx

Yeah, it's hard to do a lot of exercise with a broken toe! But they say every little bit helps (omg, or is that the tesco slogan?) :D

I have actually been doing the c25k on the treadmill in my bedroom, so only myself to be self-conscious with! But I do intend to get out for some running once I finish the programme. I downloaded the podcast from runningintoshape.com, I really enjoyed the music in week 1 so I hope week 2 is half that decent. There's a mini run (8k) in my town, but it's in September and I doubt I'll be ready for anything like that so soon. Imagine!

Ate an entire crustless cheesecake today! My belly is bulging (more than usual). It was actually quite nice, I more or less dukanised my favourite cheesecake recipe - 1 tub ff quark (250g), 2 eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract, a bit of lemon zest and 1tsp vital wheat gluten, baked at 185 about 25-30 minutes. I think it might be even better if you strain the quark first and get that last bit of liquid out of it. Doesn't have the tanginess of actual cream cheese but it'll do.

Day 1 week 2 c25k :character00115:

Amazing how an additional 30 seconds on the running interval makes it a whole lot harder! But I'm starting to feel I can do this! Ask me again when they want me to run 5 consecutive minutes :p

Eats:
B-plain omelette, muffins
L-grilled chick breast, muffin
D-grilled tuna, salad, sf jelly
S-yoghurt

its great reading your diary CG I'm another in shame for not exercising more and in shame of course for not being in the dukan zone. :( X

Don't knock yourself, Chris! We've all stumbled, no need for shame. Just a good kick up the old bum is all! Don't know how I found motivation to start this exercise lark but I'm hanging on to it tightly so as not to let it get away! I do think it's true that it does your yed a world of good :)

Good day food-wise, rest day so no running (still using the term 'running' very loosely). Still need to dig through the dvds and plan some sort of rotation for off days :) Anyone ever tried skipping rope? It's supposed to be a real calorie-burner! Found one workout that says you can burn 135 cals in a 10-minute rope skipping workout :)

Wow, shame I can't skip for that long!
Have you ever tried Pilates? I find that it really helps with muscle strengthening and toning, and I'm sweating buckets by the time I've finished a workout so it must be burning something!

:) Anyone ever tried skipping rope? It's supposed to be a real calorie-burner! Found one workout that says you can burn 135 cals in a 10-minute rope skipping workout :)

I'd knock myself out CG with the ample bazoomas mother nature blessed me with (NOT)

Back