My LL Counsellor is overweight!

I think you're right there fishcake - this is a whole can of worms that is opened up regularly!

I am a CDC, i am overweight, the recommendations of my clients indicate that i am a good(ish:)) cdc and my business is growing.

I know other excellent excellent cdc's who are overweight.

However i do agree to a certain extent that we are an advert for the product and whilst we all have our own personal journey's that don't affect our counselling abilities, simply on a first impressions basis it might send out the wrong message. I can see why peoples' automatic thought might be "well it obviously doesn't work for her" - i have had clients look me up and down the first time i open the door and can see their brains ticking over.

TBH though - this is where the ability of the CDC comes into play - i've never had anyone leave an intro session not believing in the product just because i'm overweight. I have always believed that all diets work, its just finding the diet that is going to work for you at that time.

So i guess what i'm trying to say is, just because CD isn't right for me at a particular time - it doesn't stop me believing in it for other people and therefore just because your counsellor is overweight shouldn't stop you believing that this diet is right for you at this time.

Last edited:
MY LLC isnt tiny thats for sure! Not sure about overweight, just comfortably covered! She is brilliant tho, and without her support I doubt I would have got this far.

She is at pains to stress that weight is not just about a number, or a clothes size, its how you feel, if you are healthy and if you are happy with yourself?

We can never really judge why someone else is perceived as over weight, or if they are happy with themselves. I am just happy and grateful I found this great diet and the support both in class, and here, that goes along with it!!

I would feel abit more disappointed if my LLC was overweight more so than my weight watchers leader I guess because I am expecting so much more from this diet. It does feel like I am on this magical journey and maybe it does sound naieve but I want to believe that it works for other people especially my LLC someone who I look up to and I think they do have some responsibility to maintain their weight (within reason) and set a good example.

Interesting discussion! I can totally see the OP's point and at the end of the day he was just being honest & expressing a view, one I am sure people will have thought themselves if any diet counsellor is overweight. Being honest I do think it does make you loose some confidence in their ability but I also agree with all other comments that this is about our individual journey, not other people & what they weigh...
I guess the way I see it is that I try to have compassion (dont always manage it) for ANYONE who is overweight, especially LLC/CDC, because they know that they are being criticised & possibly dump on themselves harder than we ever could....and we all know how miserable being fat feels.

Back