My metamorphosis log - final stage

I think it's very cruel that a biscuit can be called 'thin' when it doesn't really work that way... bah!

xxx
:sigh:

Me too! :D Haven't made these yet and now not sure if I should. :p Perhaps when all are home to eat them too.....
Well done Butterfly, Katy uses the diet tracker thingy to count cals as do a lot of people on here. I'm going to find the time to get to grips with it too, eventually.......might help you?
Just don't panic, if you overdo it a bit, that's the secret....Well done so far though. :)

Oops sorry Alli, just a braindead moment. How nice to have finished for xmas. I have amazingly managed to wangle Annual leave on 25th and 26th, a i would have otherwise been rostered to work. So after Mondy i am not in until the following Monday... Yipeeee!! I am so excited but also geting a bit tense now as there is so much to do and i am running out of time, and feel shattered, going to go to bed early in a bit, to try to refill batteries.
Food still varied, i start the day ok but inevitably end up missing meals, or nibbling. Its bad, but i am trying not to panic, keep within reasonable calorie intake, even if it is not the best stuff to eat.
I know when life calms, i will be able to get focused a lot easier t try to lose, i just suspect its not reasonable to expect myself to achieve thos right now. Hell, i change my mind like the wind, so i could be feeling an entirely different way tomorrow. I do intend to use diet tracker, and will purchase it in the new year, no point now, as i just do not have the time.
Off to bed, eyes cannot stay open......zzzzz...... Tke care xx

Hug for Butterfly. I feel much the same, am steady at 11 5, just looking to hang on there and not zoom upwards, then push downwards again after Xmas. I am so exhausted, up at 6 to work, I HAVE to meet this deadline by Xmas & that means doing my quota today even though we are supposed to be heading to town to do the Xmas food shop later... have to drop various teenage girls home too, daughter is 16 today & had a sleepover with friends last night. They all set off to gig in the village wearing false moustaches and silly hats, which made me laugh!

xxx

Happy Xmas and New Year to everybody! Hope everyone has had a great time enjoying the festivities. I certainly have, and my scales are showing the damage....eek! Sorry for not being around, just been way too busy and thinking of food just didn't fit high in my list of priorities. Bad, i know, and not the right way to do things i guess but i made my decision. Now time to put it behind me and move on.
I did spend the best part of the last two weeks completely off plan of any description. We had our xmas dinner on the 23rd and i have eaten everything i fancied ever since. No portion control, except for when i was full. I could not possibly list all my indulgencies, it was a full fat, high carb feast for a few weeks. Now, i feel a bit mixed about it all. Part of me is hitting myself for being such a fool and not regaining any control at all throughout the period, because that does not fit in with the 'long term changes' i would have hoped to maintain in my eating habits. Another part of me is saying, its xmas, it only happens once a year, so what..! As long as i now can get back on track. Which is precisely what i intend to do. Now i know this may not be so easy, but needs must. Had no official WI for 2 weeks, but my scales are reading a 6lb gain, putting me at 10st 8lb. Which does feel a mortifying distance from the 9st 12lb i had reached at one point.
After a bit of deliberation i have decided i may go back to 810 for a few weeks to get things moving. I know this feeels a bit like cheating, to rely on cd when things get tough, but i honestly just cannot be bothered to take the long route. I want to get the extra pounds off, and then get focused on maintaining. (i know this seems like a sh**ty attitude but thats just the way i feel) Heck, knowing me, i'll change my mind in a few days.
The way i look at it, doing something, even if it is 810, is better than nothing, which is what has happened countless times before on other diets. I will not let this become just another 'fad diet' for me. Back in work tonight after a few days off so it seems as good a time as any to restart. Although facing the tons of chocs will be a killer....May have to cellotape mouth up! Also stuck working with a real grumpy old bloke, a joyous way to see in the new year!
Hope everyone has a fanatstic New Year, here to us all getting to where we want to be, body wise and being very happy and healthy.

Love and thanks to all of you for your continued support, i know i wouldn't have done this without everyone on Minimins who has helped along the way...xxx

Hey hon.
Just wanted to say Happy New Year............ and forget what the scales are saying to you .. tomorrow is a new day and NEW YEAR and just focus on moving forward!
wishing you a happy, healthy and Slim new year..
xxxxxxxx

Happy New Year Butterfly!
Wishing you a fabulous 2010!

xx

Lorna

Happy New Year! Just wanted to say that I know how you feel - I have completely fallen off the wagon, but thankfully in a controlled manner, so actually still managed to lose a couple of lbs over the last 2 weeks without doing CD. Was told to read Gillian Riley's book Eating Less - Say Goodbye to Overeating. I'm actually finding it quite interesting (although it's very repetitive, but never read a self-help book before so maybe that’s the style), as the problem isn't so much the weight loss but kicking addictive behaviour. You can pick it up for a couple of quid online, or I will be happy to send you my copy.

Take care girlie and hope to see you on the Team site again soon.
Pol x

Happy New Year Butterfly!

xxx

Happy New Year Lorna, the mood on here and which I'm trying to maintain, is to be proud of what we did achieve last year, not panic about any recent gains (not so easy,) and carry on steadily aiming for where we want to be, supporting each other all the way. Hope you are ok xx

Come out, come out Butterfly.......you can't turn back into a caterpillar now! I hope you are alright. Where are you? Come back and join us all, we miss you. xx

As Bess says, please don't hide... are you OK hun?

xxx

Hey Buttefly, How's the 810 plan going for you? hope you are well, have a fab day!
x

Butterfly, please come back!

xxx

Hi guys,
Thankyou Curly, Lelly, Pol, Katy and Bess for your messages. I really do apprecite it.
I have to confess to sitting here and feeling all emotional and having a good cry at the moment. Several reasons. Think its been sparked by my posting for the first time in an eternity on my team thread, and pm'ing a lovely member to say sorry for being away from everyone for so long. I really do feel bad for just deserting minis for so long, i wouldn't want to be so rude normally.
The two weeks off plan turned into almost 4, but i am now desperately tring to get back on plan. Mostly failing, but determined to keep trying.
Had my first official WI last Wed, which amounted to a disastrous 9lb gain. Now 10st 11lb. I feel fat, wobbly, ugly and just crap about myself right now, but i know that attitude probably won't help. In fact just keeps me reaching for the leftover xmas 'junk' food bag.
Its stupid because i was enjoying the good food i had started to eat, and really want to feel that good again, but just keep sabotaging my efforts.
I am now 'cheating' in that i am trying to do ss ( and failing). I just want to get back to trying to eat 'maintenance food'. It seems like i have been dieting forever, and i don't want to be..... i want to be at goal, and learning to do the hard bit. I know that makes no real sense whatsoever, and this is all part of learning to maintain, but i am just an impatient idiot! Just feel like a bloody fool right now.
I am sorry that i haven't been on everyones diaries. Haven't had a chance to read and catch up yet. Hope you are all ok anyway? I have missed you all too! Promising you all, and myself to come on daily, no matter how quickly. I so need this right now, and i know hiding away has just made me feel worse.
Aim for tomorrow.....just to get through ONE ss day, surely i can do one...? May have to chop my arm off though and sew up my mouth. Back tomorrow. Incidentally, i feel so much better for that rant. You're all right, as ever. Need to just remind self of long way i have come in 6 months, not the smaller blip inthe last one. Thanks xx

Hi guys,
Thankyou Curly, Lelly, Pol, Katy and Bess for your messages. I really do apprecite it.
I have to confess to sitting here and feeling all emotional and having a good cry at the moment. Several reasons. Think its been sparked by my posting for the first time in an eternity on my team thread, and pm'ing a lovely member to say sorry for being away from everyone for so long. I really do feel bad for just deserting minis for so long, i wouldn't want to be so rude normally.
The two weeks off plan turned into almost 4, but i am now desperately tring to get back on plan. Mostly failing, but determined to keep trying.
Had my first official WI last Wed, which amounted to a disastrous 9lb gain. Now 10st 11lb. I feel fat, wobbly, ugly and just crap about myself right now, but i know that attitude probably won't help. In fact just keeps me reaching for the leftover xmas 'junk' food bag.
Its stupid because i was enjoying the good food i had started to eat, and really want to feel that good again, but just keep sabotaging my efforts.
I am now 'cheating' in that i am trying to do ss ( and failing). I just want to get back to trying to eat 'maintenance food'. It seems like i have been dieting forever, and i don't want to be..... i want to be at goal, and learning to do the hard bit. I know that makes no real sense whatsoever, and this is all part of learning to maintain, but i am just an impatient idiot! Just feel like a bloody fool right now.
I am sorry that i haven't been on everyones diaries. Haven't had a chance to read and catch up yet. Hope you are all ok anyway? I have missed you all too! Promising you all, and myself to come on daily, no matter how quickly. I so need this right now, and i know hiding away has just made me feel worse.
Aim for tomorrow.....just to get through ONE ss day, surely i can do one...? May have to chop my arm off though and sew up my mouth. Back tomorrow. Incidentally, i feel so much better for that rant. You're all right, as ever. Need to just remind self of long way i have come in 6 months, not the smaller blip inthe last one. Thanks xx
Hey Butterfly,

Can I say well done on coming back. It's not easy, in fact I think the hardest thing to do is to stand up and say 'hey I'm not doing well. I need some help to get back on track.' It's very humbling to read and you aren't rude at all for just having a bit of time out.

Give yourself a hug from me - 9lbs isn't that bad. I regained about 25 lbs the first time I went AWOL. :eek:

I really relate to what you are saying about being sick of being on a diet. But you know we are human, we make mistakes and I know you can get back on track. Just make sure you believe in you and you are doing great by seeing this blip is just part of the whole journey and doesn't cancel out all the hard work you've been doing.

I couldn't have gone back to SS+ after my first time but I loved 810. It meant I could have porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch, protein and vegies for dinner and a shake or mix a mousse. It really didn't feel like I was dieting anymore and my losses were pretty close to what I'd had with SS+. Highly recommended :D

Big hugs for Butterfly. I have about the same to lose, partly from my wanderings from the beaten track in Nov & partly from Xmas/New Year excesses, and many of us are in the same boat on here. The mood has been positive, someone posted that we were all in a WAY better place than this time last year, and that has helped me anyhow to get things in perspective. We have come a long way. No, we are not perfect, but we're not quitters either, and none of us imagined maintenance was easy. We can do it, and posting and sharing the support on here really does help.

SS - it's so hard to return to. Has your BMI gone up above 25 again? If not, you cannot do SS anyway - below 25 BMI SS can burn lean muscle and that you do NOT want. 810 would be better, or maybe 1200... I am following this at the moment, and not perfectly I might add... and 2lbs have vanished already. 1200 and Diet Tracker could be a good plan, you get to eat and yet still feel in control? Just a thought. And the weight DOES go.

I hate to see you sad and panicking, because panic is what unravels me every time... please, if you have time read the diaries and you will see that you are NOT alone, never were. And together, we can do this.

xxx

You've done so well Butterfly. Not all of that 9lbs will be fat, some will be water weight. You can do it. I agree with Katy, you should do 810 if your BMI is under 25. We need the lean muscle to help burn calories so it's important you protect it x

Hey Butterfly..
Welcome back hon and so pleased to see you! It can be tough trying to get back into it.. but your here and your back on track..
I would advise you not to go back on ss, if you are finding it difficult to do, it is better to go on a plan that you can stick with and be comftable at rather than struggling on a lower plan and not sticking with it hon... You will still have great losses on 810.
Those unwanted pounds will be off in know time!!!
Chin up hon you have done so well and heres to a slim 2010 xxxxxx

Back