My metamorphosis log - final stage

Katy, (although in fear of sounding like a soppy thing ), it is nice to get to know you a bit better and help in any way i can.

Thanks Butterfly... made me feel all soppy, too. I feel weird sometimes for sharing, but it helps, and this feels like a safe place to do it... don't know what I'd do without you lot, truly.

You sound so determined and sorted, that's an inspiration to me right now... and size 10 jeans!!!! Bring it on!

Hugs, honey.
xxx

Hey butterfly.
I havent been around for a wee while.. but just read through your diary and it sounds like your doing great well done you!! and woooh to the size 10 jeans how good does it feel...
How old is your little girl both my boys are still in night nappies.. they are still so heavy when they wake up as they drink so much its easier to keep them on for now. lol
xx

Busy day, sorted out play lounge and conservatory, rearranged to make space for xmas tree, and to put old/unused toys away, ready for the next batch! Really enjoyed it and chuffed with the presently tidy result, not that it will last long i've no doubt. Then off to buy xmas tree, but failed in that mission so far, will have to do tomorrow. Did manage to get 3prs sz 10 jeans in Tesco sale for £15!! One pair a bit tight, one a looser fit, and the other inbetween, so got room for movement (down hopefully!) Need to do tops next, not sure what i am, think about a 12 but will need to do some trying on. It will be so much easier i am sure when i get my head round what size i am in diferent shops, and can just buy things and guess they fit, don't have time for all this trying on- especially when i can hear DD giving OH an almighty display of a tantrum outside the changing rooms...! Still, all in all i love being able to walk into normal size ranges and know something will look ok... taking some getting used to though.
Had a bad moment at lunchtime and ate a load of precooked chicken (probably equivalent cals of 2 breasts, but some thigh meat included) Was purely a response to disagreement with OH, and was hungry but couldn't be bothered to make anything. So i just counted that as my portion choice for the day, and just had the other bits this evening.
Food: Bfast -burgen toast, scrape of spread, 1 poached egg.
snack - CDbar.
Lunch - unplanned binge moment -way more than a portion of Chicken, (prob about 2)
Tea - couscous, courgette and mushroom with bit of stock/herbs.
snack - 50cals of rasp/strawb/cherry/mango/blackberry with 100g from frais.
Still to have CD x1 and half calcium portion so going to have a large hot choc with milk before bed!
Not as virtuous as had been, but not too far off the mark hopefully. Got WI tomorrow at 930am, so we will see...(think i need to make concerted effort to visit toilet before i go, bizarrely i feel a bit constipated- which suprises me. Sorry - tmi!!)
Back to report tomorrow. Thanks all for your comments and support xx

Yay for the size 10 jeans... and a bargain, too! Good luck for weigh in.

xxx

02.12.09 :bliss:1st week WI on 1000 and i have lost 5lb!! To say i am thrilled is an understatement.Cannot believe how good a loss i can get, although i do accept that part of it may have been the glycogen gain reduction from the week before. Still, it feels good. If a little worrying, i am now 9st 12lb so cannot carry on losing like that, so need to slow it down, but still want to move up the plans properly so to be best prepared for maintenance. So agreed i would just take the week day by day and endevour to plan and work towards 1200 but if needed intersperse with the odd 1000 meal if easier. Mom is now freaking that i lost so much, and telling me i shouldn't lose any more, or should do it very slowly. I know she just cares, but i think she must think i'm going to go to the extreme or something, and wish she'd give me more credit!!
She'd have been happier if she saw me tonight. Treated myself to a few naughty's. Purely driven by the fact that we have just been on the go all day, skipped all meals, only managed 2 apples and it was getting late to be planning and cooking. So i had 3 chocolate biscuits and a regular chicken kebab with salad (from the chip shop, even worse) :eating: I enjoyed it, did not eat the bread or all of the chicken though, got to the point when i felt a bit full, and wheras previously i would have scoffed the lot anyway, i walked away, knowing i had had enough, so was quite pleased with self. For those of you who may not know, the Wednesday night post WI binge has been my constant friend and curse throughout CD, and blighted many a week. Whilst i know i should just get a grip on it, i figure its not so bad if i just leave it at that - one bad meal, minimised if possible, and not allowed to continue to affect the whole evening or week.
Back in work tomorrow and supposed to be going to finish xmas shopping omorrow am. so need to get and plan my meals for the day.

Sorry Curly, forgot to say, DD was 3 in August. In the last few months it has been getting that the majority of her night nappies are dry, she often wakes to use toilet about 12-2 but will go back till 5, then toilet again. We have never pushed the toilet training issue, and it just seems to be happening naturally, which has saved lots of sheet changing in the wee small hours as many people have seemed to have been faced with. Best not speak too soon....!
Take care all xx

Well done on the 5lbs....that's brilliant...... hope i'll have that on 810 this week...i'd be so chuffed. I'd love to lose a stone in 2 weeks and it may be do-able. Big thank you for your post on my diary....i needed to hear your words........ x Have a great day x

Great news that 1000 has worked so well butterfly, you must be very pleased with your achievement....and leaving kebab...big pat on the back for that!!!

xx

(Although i am at work so reporting for 3rd)
Had good day, back to plan. Doing 1200 today, and unless really pushed into it by time constraints, want to continue this and avoid going back to 1000. Need to move forward and really get back into the whole meal planning thing, not just relying on quick fixes.

Oh has agreed to give himself to me for a week, and let me plan his diet. He wants to lose weight but struggles with evenings and doesn't have the motivation to curb his choices. he lost weight when unwell, (always eats really healthy when ill) and was pleased. he seemed more interested when i mentioned what i was eating, and would taste my food recently, and i know he is impressed with the results. I admit i can get a bit evangelical with the whole 'lets change our long term eating' thing, but i just offered and he said he'd like to try. It has meant i now have to have a 100% week, as its not just for me..!
Food:
bfast - shredded wheat + 0.25pt milk
snack- cd bar
tea - chicken and tomato recipe in CD book
meal to have - crumpet, beans, egg / fruit+from frais / CD shake

All good so far, enjoying meals. Got to go, work calls xx

Reporting another good day. Its funny, but i just seem to have less to waffle about at the moment. Which is unusual for me....!
I think its partly because i just feel happier. OK, still a little freaked and worried at times that i may screw up. But now i have started to eat, and its not been the disaster i expected. I am actually enjoying the food, wanting to eat 'good' stuff and not feeling as tempted by the junk. I s'pose it just feels a little more normal than i expected, which is amazing really.
One thing that is a little wierd is that i have jumped on scales, and not yet seen a drop. When, if i had been 100% for a day with ss i would have...It makes me realise that my focus now is not about numbers and scales but on the food i eat and keeping stable, or at least only losing smaller amounts. Thats a really bizarre concept having been overweight all my life to have to consider that i am 'normal' now.
Food: bfast- (when got home from work)150cal - 2 shredded wheat and 0.25pt milk- cd shake (from previous days allowance)
tea- (when got up) 300cal - Tuna lasagne and broccolli from CD book. OH made it for us and it was lovely. Suprisingly, the portion was enough (it serves 4) which shocked me, as normally we could have had half of that each! Yay to portion control!!
Snack- apple, plum, clem. (using 100cal fruit to make up for only 150cal bfast)
Lunch - (at work) 200cal - ham and pasta salad in CD book.
Still to have - cd shake/bar and strawb/kiwi/grape fruit salad and 100g from frais.
Still feels like a load of food, although i am spacing it well and not really feeling hungry. There is a wierd sensation in tummy sometimes, i am just aware of it more- although i know that sounds wierd!
Speak soon, going to sit with book and plan meals for next few days xx

Butterfly totally thrilled about the 5lbs, you are doing so well working up through the stages. I know what you mean about the scales not dropping it is a weird sensation, but I feel thrilled when they stay the same at the moment.

Enjoy your food and planning your meals and have a great weekend x

Echo what Wales has said, you are doing great! The scales will still drop, but more gradually - on the steps I would sts or have a teeeny drop then there would be a 2 or 3lbs drop maybe every few weeks, as if that was my body's way of adjusting.

Have a fab Saturday Butterfly!

xxx

Freaked out this afternoon! Not a happy bunny at all. I had all my food yesterday/overnight, but did miss having a CD product. I did have one naughty of some pretzels but no way amounting to any more calories than a CD bar.
Have got up after a sleep at about 12. On weighing myself in the normal routine I am 2lb heavier - GUTTED! WTF is that all about. I am in need of a significant toilet trip i think but still....2lb is a joke. Please tell me this is some sort of freaky but normal thing that happens. Not even going to think about letting it increase so going to reduce to 1000 today i think, have had the 150c breakfast so far. I did have a lazy night at work which involved sitting at a desk all night...maybe i'm not active enough. Just got so much to do which does not involve huge amounts of energy expenditure.
Will try not to panic and see how the next week goes.
Back later, got to go get busy xx

Just don't panic Butterfly. It is IMPOSSIBLE to gain 2lb fat on the cals you are eating, impossible to gain at all really... it has to be water. Could be those salty pretzels, or totm. And when food is in the picture the scales do fluctuate, you have to look at the overall picture and not panic at one rogue reading. Sat calm - I really don't think it was anything you did. This was bound to be scary, but keep your nerve... it's nothing, really, in the big scheme of things. Betcha it's gone by tomorrow.

xxx

Echoing Katy Butterfly, it must be water and will go, I'm sure. Just caught up with your thread and congratulations on reaching goal and going beyond it. So pleased for you. Thankyou for all the information and advice you wrote on my thread, it's given me lots to think about and been really helpful. I may come back with some questions later if you don't mind.

Oooh Katy and Bess, what would i do without you.....! Thankyou both so much, just what i needed....... a calm, level headed, common sense reminder that i was over-reacting!
Looking logically, there's no way its fat....it was just scary, like you said. I think after not eating for so long, you sort of forget that you actually need so many calories just to maintain. Silly moment over, but still probably sticking to around 1000 today.
Food:
bfast/lunch - 150cals- muesli+70ml milk
snack - CD bar
tea - 300cals - tuna lasagne with salad leaves/cucumber/celery

Going to have CD shake, bit of fruit to get up to 1000cals level, and from frais.

Feel free to ask away Bess, love to help in any way i can xx

Still 2lb up this morning, despite only getting to about 900 cals yesterday. Wondering if its a glycogen gain 'cos of the increased carbs kicking me out of ketosis for good? Heck, i've no idea, but i do want to see them go... as it had never ever happenned before, I quite liked being 9st something. Planning meals/shopping for next few days.
Is it ok to mix/match the 810-1200 menus a bit as long as you stick to the right calorie intake for the day? I can't see any reason why not, so going to do the steak casserole from 1000 (3b) but reduce bfast and lunch cals in the day. Sounds yummy, and i haven't had red meat in so long, it'll be a nice treat. Back later xx

Stay calm... it WILL go! Have a great day Butterfly!

xxx

I think it was the salt in the pretzels. It's horrible stuff for water retention. Are you still drinking enough water btw? Easy to forget you know and that makes a difference too. Don't panic, you'll be fine, just your body adjusting. It doesn't go by the book you know.

Thanks for offers of help and advice Lorna, need to think and ponder and most of all need time to do this. Don't know when that will be. Would love a bit of peace right now!!

Back