My mission to be a Princess

Day 2 completed wooooooo

Hey Guys,

Right so I'm coming to the end of day two (again) and I actually feel really good!

My order arrived so I think the excitement of that has really motivated me again rather than just the dregs of CD products I had!

I had a chocolate truffa bar for lunch and spag bol with some mushrooms for dinner and they are both lovely!! Because my order came to work I've stocked my work draw up with products... I like to have a choice for what I'm having for lunch lol and also have slipped a couple of bars in my handbag... that way... even if I've already had a bar for a day... at least I have something if I forget and have NO EXCUSE for straying!!

I am currently struggling as I can smell southern fried chicken and chips in the oven... and watching my bro making the most amazing sandwich... however this has given me the perfect opportunity to update my little diary :)

I've had a bit of a headache today... but just keep drinking through it!! I wee'd on my ketostix and I'm just in ketosis... woooooooo :happy096: hopefully the hunger pangs will stop tomorrow although I am a glutton for punishment and do love a good old test against the will power.

Today at work we booked to go to some clients for the day for a 'lunch' ie a whole afternoon of eating and drinking... it's not til the 8th of Feb but I HAVE to eat something and I really don't want to cause a fuss... I think I can get away with not drinking. Any hints or tips? Previously I'd just have some low fat protein and a few leaves but it's really not somewhere I can have that!! I guess I'll have to make the best of a bad situation... hmmmmm:help2:

Anyway... I feel great and am feeling a whole lot more awake and alert (hoping it satys like that) and it's all smile from me :D

Thanks everyone for all of the support.... It's funny how a message of encouragement from a 'stranger' can make your day and keep you on track!!

:thankyou:

Katy

xxx

Glad your day has gone well Katy! Keep it up... Hmmm the situation in feb... hmmm... I think all you can do is like you said, make the best of a bad situation. Hope it goes well and you know you can get straight back on it and make up for any straying, it only means having to get back into ketosis if you do have any carbs. xx

I have some similar challenges at work and since on the diet..I am now telling people at work I have a wheat intolerance....so I can avoid any discussion about sandwiches or anything fried in bread crumbs.....at your client afternoon.they might arrange so chicken, fish and salad for you.....?...

I'm pretty close to all of my work colleages... and they know that I'm doing my diet... which is fine cause I wouldn't tell them if I didn't feel comfortable about it... it's more to do with looking unprofessional in front of clients and more of an expectation thing.. But I am not going to use it as an excuse to indulge. My friend whose starting LL tomorrow just told me to order something small and push it around the plate a bit ha ha x

Just been told I have a retiral meal on the 3rd feb and an all day team thing which will involve lunch AND dinner on the 28th. :(

O no Scotbean... I feel your pain!! I had planned for Valentines day... so the OH doesn't completely disown me but two meals in one day!!! Do you have a plan? x x

You are so lucky to have supportive work colleagues......that makes such a difference.

Yeah it really does :) One of them has started LL today.. and a couple of others ask about it and encourage and the rest just ignore it... but always say how well I'm doing!! Although.. in an open plan office of about 150.. and there's about 25 you regularly talk to... it gets slightly repetitative but can't fault it!

Tomorrow I have a meeting with our other team in a different office. This presents me with four challenges...

1. The biscuits in the meeting are the most AMAZING biscuits in the world and they will be sitting in front of me for 2 hours
2. We're then going out for drinks
3. There's a massive possibility of it turning into dinner too
4. No access to minimins!!

However, as it is my weigh-in tomorrow I'm hoping this will spur me on (even though I've only stuck 100% for 4 days last thurs and mon-wed this week so will be about a 6lb loss) and also my will power!! I'm thinking I can make excuses for dinner and also get away with drinking water... but still deffo something I could do without in the first week lol!!

BUT day 3 done and I'm finding it so much easier! Little hint of a headache but really getting into it now :)

Lemon bar was LOVELY caramel shake was yummy... but cottage pie... SERIOUSLY RANK!!! Bring on the next 9 ha ha

Hope everyone else had a good day and good luck with tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck with tomorrow Katy! Just try and stay under the radar tomorrow, fingers crossed for you. You will have to let us know about your weigh in too!!

Yeah... I'm not in danger until about 4pm so I shall be about until then... keeping Scotty away from her crisps and fruit cake ha ha I will let you know how I get on once back from my eve out also :) x x

Haha Katy thank you!!! Tomorrow you must sit as far away from the biscuits as you can and keep sipping your water to stop you munching. When you o for drinks if they don't have coke zero at the bar have fizzy water. And if it turns into dinner.... Can u excuse yourself and leave? Or have a wee bit chicken and lettuce? Or save your bar till then and have it? let us know how you do!!!

Do u have smart phone? If so you could access minimins?

Xxx

Oh dear, Do you know what you are going to do? Can you have a veg option? or protein? xx

Tara think I will call the restaurant re the retiral dinner and ask them if I can have plain chicken or fish with salad. For the full day thing I will take a bar that day and my shake and if I can get away before the dinner I will. If not I'll try and do the low carb thing and also just shove it round my plate!! I have no idea where it will be it might be in another city so I can't call them in advance
Xxx

Thats a really good idea! Being as prepared as you can be it this situation, I am sure you will be fine, stick to low carb and you should stay in ketosis xxx

I had a 40th birthday lunch at work for my friend who is on LL. We got the menu in advance and planned what to have. I had grilled chicken burger and asked for it minus the bread and minus the chips and had the bit of salad it came with. They did actually bring me the chips even though I had asked for no chips but they were in a separate container and so I gave them away. So I ended up with plain grilled chicken and veggies that is S&S friendly anyway. My friend had grilled prawns meant for a starter and salad so was also fine. It just requires careful choices and good resolve :)

OK so I had my first week weigh in... and despite eating and drinking what I wanted on Saturday and Sunday... I have lost 6lb :D I'm soooooooooo happy!!!! Roll on the next week!

I woke up absolutely starving this morning but I had my bar for breakfast and I feel full and satisfied! Roll on another successful day :)

I'm prepared for tonight... I'm going to have a soup for lunch so hopefully that will kepp me going for as long as possible!

My plan of action is to...
Sit as far away from the biscuits as possible... crack on with the sparkling water/coke zero at the pub and make my excuses for dinner! Or if im encouraged to go I will try and just have some grilled chicken and a few leaves... but as we're in central london and the other office are based in Gatwick I think they will want to get back so we won't have dinner! So I'm feeling confident and happy about it!

Scotbean you seem completely prepared for your outings and I completely agree that this is the best way to be! Personally I think 75% of it is in the mind and wanting to eat... but I'm saving myself for valentines day!

Hope everyone has a good day today

xxx

Good luck today Katy!! Just think of the loss you have had so far and you won't want to muck that up by going off plan!!

Let us know how you get on xx

Yeah there is no way I'm going off plan today :) 1.5lb and I'm in the 12's woooo can't wait to see that 12... I'm hoping by monday but we shall see :D x x

Back