My name's Kay & I'm a scales-acholic

kay_135

I can't stop getting on my scales!! Help me!! I usually weigh myself every few days to keep check, but since I started yesterday, I'm bloody obsessed with seeing the numbers. Makes NO sense as i know full well I should weigh at the same time each day etc etc... plus how AMAZING would it be if I could avoid them for a whole week then see the amazing loss??

Are there other addictees out there?!

my name is shona and i am a scalesholic...lol

is there a 12 step programme, do you think...

im starting tomorrow and im trying to decide where to deposit my scales so they arent accessable because i wont be able to resist.

how are you finding your first day anyways?

shona xx

scales addiction

oh yes thats me i am never off the scales morning noon and night, then i sulk when i dont see a change when i have only weighed myself 3hrs before, my mum says she is going to hide them from me !!!:eek:

Ha! At least I'm not alone...

Shona - I'm nearing the end of day 2 now and doing ok. I'd say I'm not in ketosis cuz I'm still feeling hunger pangs, but I don't feel light headed or ill so that's good. You've lost loooads - well done!

Get the damn things out the house. Take the battery out and give it to someone to keep for you.

Youll drive yourself nuts doing it daily let alone 3/4 times a day. Even daily doesnt give a true indication

The only sensible way is once a week :whoopass:

you are doing really well, the first couple of days are the pits.

i think i mixed up when filling in my details...oops,havent lost anything yet starting tomorrow.

keep us posted as to how your going, will be right behind you tomorrow

shona xx

Starlight said:
Get the damn things out the house. Take the battery out and give it to someone to keep for you.

Youll drive yourself nuts doing it daily let alone 3/4 times a day. Even daily doesnt give a true indication

The only sensible way is once a week :whoopass:

Lol this is true I an a recovering scalesaholic my scales have been on the bathroom floor and ignored since Monday weigh in, but this came after hiding them and not weighing for 4 weeks (easiest 4 weeks of the diet because of this)

Im a scaleaholic, and i like standing on the scales once a day in the morning, if i dont i avoid avoid avoid and will be less likely to follow any diet im on....(previous experiance:-()

i was a daily weigher but since i started exante i only weigh on a tuesday morning..i lock my scales in the boot of my car so i dont have to look at them...but i do understand dome peoples need to weigh more often..only downside is if ya have a fluctuation in fluid and they go up a 1lb that can be disheartening too..xx

Lol this is true I an a recovering scalesaholic my scales have been on the bathroom floor and ignored since Monday weigh in, but this came after hiding them and not weighing for 4 weeks (easiest 4 weeks of the diet because of this)

damn good idea. think ill do that too!

h x

I'm a recovering scale-aholic :wave_cry:

I weigh once a week ... although as its first week back I'll probably have a cheeky mid-week weigh to get me through the first tough days. I've also replaced my thhhhuper-duper body fat analysis/water retention highlighting to the gram-bag-on-accurate scales with an old style needle dial type, or I obsess of the small amounts and feel robbed if I haven't lost 0.00000000045gm more after a wee* :eek:

* May have exaggerated slightly here.

Back