my new baby x

Cas3

Gold Member
Hi I had my gorgeous baby girl on wed, she weighed 7.8lbs at birth and we named her Hollie Mai.

baby 010.jpgbaby 003.jpgbaby 054.jpg

I had a difficult birth went on a drip 2 hrs before for mrsa, so felt awful b4 getting to theatre. The section was so different to my other 2, baby was stuck under my ribs and they couldnt get her out so I felt everything where she was higher up, after she born they had to repair alot of tissue and offered me general cos of pain but I didnt want to miss out seeing my baby. My oh got to hold her and it helped me to take my mind of it. It took over 2 hrs for the section and hr in recovery.

Hollie is doing well im breastfeeding and toping up with formula as she's not taking alot she's lost 8 oz and is bit yellow, recovery has been quite bad this time but im getting there, I had to go drs yestersay for stronger tablets x

Last edited:
Congratulations. Cant see pics til I go upstairs cus got no 3G down here but I'm sure she's gorgeous!
Sorry to hear you had a bad time, hopefully your new tablets work and your recovery goes smoothly from here xx thinking of you xx

Is 8oz a lot in 5 days? Bless her. I hope your recover quickly, try and get a lot of rest. I'm sure your oh is looking after you x

Ah thanks she's such a good baby im so happy, im glad I got some small bits of clothing as newborn is massive on her and so are her nappies so wud recommend toget a few small sleepsuits or rompersuits just incase. 8oz is ok to lose in 5 days as long as she's weeing and she gains some weight in the next 5 days. As for the tablets, the dr gave me tablets that are dangerous to take while breastfeeding so had to stop taking them mw is really unhappy when she checked them yesterday she's been bk today to look at my scar as the hospital didn't check it or take off the dressing but its healing nicely just need toget over the pain now.

I weighed myself and im a stone lighter from last wi day but just got all my milk in so do feel abit heavey x

Was you measuring big this time or normal? I've not dared buy any tiny baby but think I might get a few bits, got some micro nappies though, well done on losing a stone more will prob drop off as your milk gets sorted x

My milk is really heavey at the moment I think at ur stage I was measuring just right on number of wks some wks I was cm behind, but it just depends on babies position, my buba's in new baby clothes from next up to 7.8lbs but she can fit into clothes up 10lbs but there just really big and baggy on her. It starting to feel strange now the pregnancy is all over x

I can't wait for birth I'm at the point where I'm always hungry but I'm sick of eating, I want to eat and not feel full after hardly anything then be so hungry half hour later x

Do you think I'll be right to pack new baby then?
Aw can't believe you've had her I'm getting so excited now to meet my LO it makes it seem so much closer seeing you talk about little Hollie x

Cas she's beautiful Hollie is a lovley name too I'm
So happy for u Im being booked in for section I'm very very nervous about it there do many things to think of isn't there I'm scared very very scared what if I can feel it and they don't numb me properly what if I get an infection x

Hun don't be scared I was scared about spinial but I hardly felt it, I just had a bad time with this baby cos of her position and it being my third had no problems with my other two, they were really quick and only felt light tugging I would still go through it again x oh we still not sure on the name can't decide between Ava Rose or Hollie we calling her both at moment so help us out x

The 10lbs ones look absolutely huge though haha! I like Hollie better, Ava is nice though I've seen loads of people calling babies Ava recently though x

Looking at her she looks like a hollie-rose Ava is beautiful too I know I'm such a worrier about things I'm sure my section will b ok do u know how far in advance they book u in ? I'm seeing my consultant tomorow they r trying to get me to have my baby at a different hospital I'm not havi ng none of it thou I don't see y I have to go out my area 20 miles away I'm going to kick up a stink watch this space Jessie on a rampage lol x

How come your having a section Jessie? I'm sorry if I've already asked, and I'm just curious that's all :) x

I got my section date just before 36 wks and I was meant to be 38 wks plus 5, but it didnt go to plan ended up having her the day after. Hollie is name me and my oh liked but she just seems more like an Ava so hard need to make up our mind tomorrow! Jessie you need to stand ur grounds wiv the hospital, thing is u got ur little boy to think off you don't want to be to far away from him x
Up to 10lbs is so baggy on her, she's in new baby but even they look bit big on her so get a few small bits to take in with you x

I will talk to the consultant today and say my bit lol stand my ground poor charlie won't know where I am he knows queens hospital he comes with me there plenty of times x oasis I'm having section I had severe pre clampsia with ch so I am high risk and very bad labour with Charlie they feel a section is necessary again and I'm all for it too I can't go through that again x I was in hospital for 2 weeks after with ch wasn't nice x

Back