my new love affair with dukan ... i hope it lasts !!

Hi Charly, just catching up sounds like you had a wonderful day with your boys at the aquarium, we have a Blue Planet aquarium just nearby it a great day out. Hope the new scales are kind to you and show a loss so you can get used to them. It sounds like your getting your life together good luck with the new place to live.

Drink more water and eat protein, salty stuff can raise water levels, i noticed this week after eating white bread toast that i could actually taste the salt in it there must be bucket fulls in it!!

mmm prawns, was just thinking about tea and i have tiger prawns in the freezer, may have to get them out to defrost lol xx

hi guys well it looks like i started you all off on a prawns buzz today didnt i? did any of you try the garlic yoghurt sauce thing it is well nice had it again today with more garlic n chilli too, the extra light laughing cow triangle, makes it extra yummy, reminds me of when i used to stir them into chilli philly but even better! anyway hope you guys enjoyed them what ever way you ate them!
yes getting back into the swing of dukan after i had a few wobbles and hopefully it will show on the scales, need to stay away from the sugar free sweets tho i know i shouldnt have them but i cant stop!!! working in a shop looking at them all day dosent help! oh well more will power required for tomoz xx last day of work tomorrow then 2 days off! happy happy joy joy!

You're getting close to your goal Charly, I bet that feels great :)

how's the weekend been?

You're getting close to your goal Charly, I bet that feels great :)

how's the weekend been?
yes debbie i do feel great! although this is going to sound daft but i think i might have something wrong with me. i keep thinking i am still a chubba, i know i am not, i have wanted to be a size 10 for a lifetime but i dont feel like i am,does that sound silly? when i look at myself dont see that i have lost that much weight its weird! i think i need to do more exercise to be honest, help tone up the wobbly bits!
i am also secretly freaking out about eating bread and cheese everyday! what if all my hard work unravels? lol i am a nutter aint i? all i have ever wanted and i am still finding things to moan about! seriously i have issues!!!!! maybe i am just having an off day. who knows?
anyway how are you? how are you finding the diet? i hope everything is going good for you!

and another thing i have been lingering at this 9 stone 13lb mark for ages now which is kinda annoying! i am beginning to think dr dukan was right about the alcohol sabotaging your diet for weeks! i suppose seen as this is his diet he should be the one who knows best eh? damn it!!! lol xx

Yum to the prawns, one of my fave eats. How do you use the laughing cow, do you mash it into the yogurt or melt it first. I use it on cauli, but it doesnt seem to melt properly and can't see how it would mix into yogurt easily.

I've been to that Blue Planet, went about 8 years ago, was amazing. Also went to the zoo, fabulous time. DD fell asleep as we got near the meerkats LOL. So cute.

well evening now alotto lol yes looking like asparagus it is then! lol i like it too so not a hardship really! also gotta do a bit more in the exercise steaks as i am no where near in the league of some of these ladies (oh the shame)!!

well had a day off today! hooray.
my life is kind of just hanging there in no mans land right now i really want to get things moving but i also know i should be sitting back and enjoying the peace too as it is going to be helping me in the long run! its mad in one way i love living with my mum in others i hate it, i feel so helpless even though i am probably the most independent i have been in years! i am falling apart inside but somehow managing to hold it together on the outside! does that sound insane cos thats how i feel.
everyday i feel the me who i have used as a shield for so many years dissapearing and the old me returning, but i'm not sure if the old me terrifies the living crap out of the "safe" me.
what is really mad is my head is telling me the options that i have like its a pick n mix sweet shop ... oooh i think i'll take a new home and then ohhh i quite like them new bits of furniture! hey i am rather partial to the old going out wearing what i like! then again there's always a day out shopping and a spot of lunch without having to ask for someone's permission first! seriously i think i am cracking up!
i am thinking perhaps i need some counselling! what do you guys think?? you lot are my friends and i need some advice! if i told my sister and my mum they would think i have lost the plot as i am always the strong one, but only because i have had to be, now i haven't got to be .. where does that leave me??? it's scary!

I can imagine how you would have to have become a different person / personna with the crap life you had, and now you are starting to feel safer in your day to day life your old you is coming back out. Its bound to be screwing up your head a bit and yes you probably do have to talk to someone. All these changes to your life, leaving the old life, losing weight, a complete new life and house. its all very scarry stuff. Very scary indeed.

Maybe try talking to the doctors and say you feel as though you need to talk to someone, it could be a while before they can get you in to see a counsllor, but that initial talk to the doc may help.

Baby steps hunni, take one day at a time, don't plan too far in the future unless you are 100% sure about what you are doing.

Luv and hugs
xxxxxxx

err yes had a bit of a melt down last night! dont know where that came from! feeling harder and stronger today! maybe i feel better due to the fact i lost 3lb this week! thank goodness, i defo needed something to help me out had a look at what i wrote last night and did me own head in! thought about removing it but then decided no i want an honest diary so i can look back over it and realise how far i have come both mentally and physically! this will help me in the long run, well i hope so anyway! my plan is when i can eat whatever i like except on Thursdays ect and my brain is not so spun out i can sit here at my laptop with a tasty ,meal and glass of wine and look back and laugh at all the shot away stuff i have put in here! well that the plan anyway!
hope you guys are all ok speaky soon xx
i am thinking i am going to finish this diet .. i have never ever reached target weight on a diet before!

Last edited:
You've done so well to come as far as you have, that proves your strength and determination. It's just a wobble and as the ladies are saying one step at a time. Chin up hun x

err yes had a bit of a melt down last night! dont know where that came from! feeling harder and stronger today! maybe i feel better due to the fact i lost 3lb this week! thank goodness, i defo needed something to help me out had a look at what i wrote last night and did me own head in! thought about removing it but then decided no i want an honest diary so i can look back over it and realise how far i have come both mentally and physically! this will help me in the long run, well i hope so anyway! my plan is when i can eat whatever i like except on Thursdays ect and my brain is not so spun out i can sit here at my laptop with a tasty ,meal and glass of wine and look back and laugh at all the shot away stuff i have put in here! well that the plan anyway!
hope you guys are all ok speaky soon xx
i am thinking i am going to finish this diet .. i have never ever reached target weight on a diet before!

Amazing!! I can't believe how quickly you've lost all that weight! :Dx

Good to see you in a better frame of mind today, not that yesterday was a worse frame, just a different kind of thinking eh?

Good oh on the loss, hope it keeps going well for you hunni.

thanks guys! glad i didnt remove the comment now! eating my porridge now seen as i ran out of oatbran yesterday then forgot had to catch the bus into town to buy some more well it was as good an excuse as any brought a pair of jeans from a charity shop for £1.75 and 2 new tops for a few pounds! what bargains!!
well happy with that!

Charly, you have done so well, not only losing the weight, but finding the old you, nothing wrong with old or new you, your a beautiful person and life experiences make us who we are, your in for a new and exciting time.good luck to you and the kids and as for coinciding that's what we are hear for xxx

woo hoo well done on the bargain clothes. i love those sort of bargains.

right i have been weighing daily now (since i brought the scales) and in the book it says on the day you reach your true weight the day you see it on the scales for the 1st time then you begin conso! weighed myself today ... 9 st 9.4lbs ... ohhhh super scared! but totally loving it!! only trouble is i want to get to goal on wednesday so my pure protien day will be a full week later on a thursday lol (why am i such a wierdo)?
wearing my new jeans today and i do look glam if i dont say so myself would put a pic in my other thread but holding off now so i can just post my before pic and my true weight pic xx how exciting!
so the kids are back at school and it is nice to have some daytime chill time! brain space i like to call it! although the house seems well quiet, and very tidy lol!
went on you yube this morning have seen a new cardio routine i am going to try as soon as i get off here want to tone up the wobbly bits now! although it also says in the book can take a while for you body to tone up after loosing weight quickly, would like to say i am scrutinising myself really, i know i must look fab as the jeans i brought yesterday were a size 10 and looked tiny on the hanger and are a bit loose round the middle if i am honest! whoop whoop!
so hopefully that last 1lb will shift fast and then i can try my luck with conso! .... fingers crossed you lot! xx

Looking forward to another Dukanette reaching conso so we can compare notes! :)x

glad i will have someone to help me when i freak out! lol x
hey something has been bugging me ceri but i didnt want to sound a) rude and b) like a div lol x so this is not to offend its just i am a bit blonde sometimes!
is your name prenounced Ceri like kerry?? and is it welsh? its very unusual i like it and wanted to know if i was pronouncing it right lol x

Back