MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

hey was just wondering so u dont have to follow the 5g rule so do u work it out per serving? how is that working for u
i dont follow that rule myself, i know alot of people do, for me its totally unrealistic, i didnt follow it on week 1 and i lost 5lb then i read on here that i shouldnt eat anything above 5/100 so i didnt for 2 weeks and lost nothing, i see a nutritionist once a month and she told me i had lost nothing because the body needs a certain amount of fat and calories to function, also i dont intend on never eating foods above the 5/100 again, so why would i give them up while im taking zenical? my way of thinking is i would be better off learning to eat whatever i like in moderation.... i know alot of people on here swear by the 5/100g rule im not saying that the rule is wrong, it just isnt for me, i dont have nasty side effects from eating food thats above 5/100g but i do get side effects if i eat a huge amount of fat in one meal, so i just take my 45g allowance a day and i eat within that allowance, usually im eating 25-30g a day but some days i will eat 40-50, last week i lost 5lb, and so far this week i have lost 3lbs so its working for me.

wednesday said:
i dont follow that rule myself, i know alot of people do, for me its totally unrealistic, i didnt follow it on week 1 and i lost 5lb then i read on here that i shouldnt eat anything above 5/100 so i didnt for 2 weeks and lost nothing, i see a nutritionist once a month and she told me i had lost nothing because the body needs a certain amount of fat and calories to function, also i dont intend on never eating foods above the 5/100 again, so why would i give them up while im taking zenical? my way of thinking is i would be better off learning to eat whatever i like in moderation.... i know alot of people on here swear by the 5/100g rule im not saying that the rule is wrong, it just isnt for me, i dont have nasty side effects from eating food thats above 5/100g but i do get side effects if i eat a huge amount of fat in one meal, so i just take my 45g allowance a day and i eat within that allowance, usually im eating 25-30g a day but some days i will eat 40-50, last week i lost 5lb, and so far this week i have lost 3lbs so its working for me.

thats great i was thinking the same thing because that rule isnt mentioned in alli book so was confused lol how long u been on xenical and how much have you lost im due to start alli cause the doc wouldnt give me xenical

The following site is good information for those in the UK that have been prescribed Xenical http://www.mapassist.co.uk/
you will need your batch number on the box to access this......

but the information is as follows :
Always Read the Label

There are certain types of food that tend to be high in fat, so it is a good idea to minimise the amounts of these ‘problem foods’ in your diet. They include: cheese, full-fat milk, pastries cakes, take-away food, fast food; and fatty red meat. You should replace these foods with low-fat alternatives like: fruit, vegetables, fish, lean meat, and cereals.

In addition to this, you should read the label on foods to find out how much fat they contain. Make sure you look at the fat content per 100g, this will make it easier to compare foods that come in different sizes and weights.

Try to select foods that contain less than 5g of fat per 100g.

In addition to watching the fat, you should aim to reduce the sugar and salt content in your diet as well as increase your fibre intake. You will find all this information on the label, or by looking online.

I'm on week 2 but have only lost 1lb since Monday.... week 1 was a 6lb loss so bit gutted that halfway through week 2 its all gone rather slow even though I'm eating the same foods. Humph!

Hiya Ndc, its got some nice recipes and good info on too :)

Hiya Joanne, how many calories are you allowed ?....are you on my fitness pal ? make sure you are drinking plenty of water its essential !! :)

I'm having 1500 a day. Could probably be drinking more but get close to 2 litres a day. Not on my fitness pal but maybe I should be!

thats great i was thinking the same thing because that rule isnt mentioned in alli book so was confused lol how long u been on xenical and how much have you lost im due to start alli cause the doc wouldnt give me xenical

ive been on them for 5 weeks and ive lost 13lbs so far, not bad considering i didnt lose in week 2 or 3.....

I'm having 1500 a day. Could probably be drinking more but get close to 2 litres a day. Not on my fitness pal but maybe I should be!

Joanne its worth logging all you eat as sometimes you don't eat as much as you think.....or sometimes more (if joining fitness pal ignore the added calories after exercise they are not to be eaten when losing weight )

Do you exercise?
I drink around 4 litres water a day and green tea :)

hi guys finally my pills arrived YEAY ?
its my 1st day on ALLI, am nervous yet excited, hope im as successful as you gals :)

iv checked there is no alli forum, either way i find everyone in this forum is very supportive and thats exactly what us girls need :)

The alli forum is just above this thread lol

Rachgleeson said:
Thats great news anika, glad you finally got them hun!! you will be fine, once you stick to low fat food!! Make a diary up for yourself too hun, thats what kept me going!!

thanks rach im logging my food via my net diary ap on iphone its brilliant it also syncs it online so u can log it either way. u guys r great on here love u guys :)

well done anika :) any weight loss is good doesnt matter if your using alli/xenical, it still depends upon a low-fat diet and exercise :)

hope everyones doing great today :) had a big burning session today i stink lol !!!

my friends just told me that shes taking ethergen tablets i was wondering if anybody knows anything about these, she said apparantly they speed ur metabolism up real fast and u can work out for longer but i don't know if there safe she bought them from the internet ?? don't think i would bother using them but was wondering if there actually worth thinking about?? x

Jude"123 said:
well done anika :) any weight loss is good doesnt matter if your using alli/xenical, it still depends upon a low-fat diet and exercise :)

hope everyones doing great today :) had a big burning session today i stink lol !!!

my friends just told me that shes taking ethergen tablets i was wondering if anybody knows anything about these, she said apparantly they speed ur metabolism up real fast and u can work out for longer but i don't know if there safe she bought them from the internet ?? don't think i would bother using them but was wondering if there actually worth thinking about?? x

thanks jude

Jude i would stay away from them, from the sounds of it anyway. I dont really know what they are but sounds like they could be ones that speed up the heart rate too, which isnt safe at all!! I wouldnt think about them at all!! Stick to what your doing!!

Were all here to support each other anika, anytime!!

a lot of the tablets that speed up metabolism can tend to be based on amphetamines, and not only are they dangerous to physical wellbeing, they are addictive and cause mental health problems and would steer well clear x

a lot of the tablets that speed up metabolism can tend to be based on amphetamines, and not only are they dangerous to physical wellbeing, they are addictive and cause mental health problems and would steer well clear x[/QU

so true, i wouldnt go anywhere near them at all!!

Back