my old diary... have started a new one ,,,new start new diary

Well i got my new bumper pack about an hour ago and ripped it open to get at one of the bars.

I had the nut one and i have to say i found it quite pleasant..only had half of it though as i am saving the rest for later when i am watching the tv...
It seemed really strange chewing something for the first time in 8 days and i have to say that my breath only seems to be really bad in the mornings.. My staffy thinks another dog is in the house lol..
I havent got them ketostix thingys but my lack of hunger and dodgy breath must signal that i am in ketosis me thinks..
I have started to keep track of the water i am drinking too cos i wasnt too sure up till today exactly how much i was consuming..
Its nearly 5pm and i have had 2.5 litres so i am well on track to an average target of 4lt a day ..

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, wont get on this until tomorrow night but i will be sure to update you with my official weigh in lol xx

Hi Valentine - your week one loss is fantastic! I agree that this site is fab and really supportive, it keeps me going. Also that there are a few of us that started around the same time is v. helpful as we will all go through a similar journey. know what you mean about supermarkets - I am lucky it is just me and I don't need to shop for anyone else but it does freak me out when I go in for water....I try and keep my head down and just go staright to the water lane which means walking past all the treat lanes, you are sooo right! Bad supermarkets!!! Hope you get another great loss in week 2 xx

Hi Valentine - your week one loss is fantastic! I agree that this site is fab and really supportive, it keeps me going. Also that there are a few of us that started around the same time is v. helpful as we will all go through a similar journey. know what you mean about supermarkets - I am lucky it is just me and I don't need to shop for anyone else but it does freak me out when I go in for water....I try and keep my head down and just go staright to the water lane which means walking past all the treat lanes, you are sooo right! Bad supermarkets!!! Hope you get another great loss in week 2 xx

I am like you laura i only have myself to think about really..kids are grown and gone and OH eats at work most of time and does his own shopping now to help support me.

It is really helpful having the support of this site..i would not have got through day 3 without it..i was so close to giving in to my hunger pangs (went surfing to distract myself and found this amazing supportive site)
I am now on day 12 and it has got so much easier as the time has gone by...I am fully in the ketosis zone so i have zero hunger..and am now in such a different mind set about my old eating habits..

I do admire the people on here that are caring for children as that means they have to cook etc..i have cleared my fridge and cupboards to get all temptation out the way...no snacky food to grab really helped me get through the first week at eveing time.

Downside is that i am a smoker and i have noticed i am smoking a bit more than i usually do..but i have gone onto low tar ciggies now and will address the smoking once i have lost the weight and got to goal.

I have a planned lunch date on the 4/5 of may that i really cant get out of as its my sister and we dont see each other very much due to geography..so i am either going to go and just drink black coffee and have a catch up ..or...i might have just some fish or lean meat as i dont want to get knocked out of ketosis..

Will cross that bridge when i get to it i think...

On a lighter note my OH has spoilt me and ordered me a treadmill so i can start burning some calories...

It is due to arrive on weds which is ideal as it will be the start of week 3 for me ..i think my body will have adjusted enough to the low calorie intake by then for me to feel ok doing it..

has anyone got any advice about that?? would be great to have some..
Good luck laura and will try and keep up with your posts to see how you are doing xxxxx

Day 13

I hate the number 13,, so i cant wait to get through today..

OH just gave me some money too go out and treat myself as he usually buys me the biggest easter egg he can find bless him...

I have just had my morning shake and am going to go over the road and have a wander round the market..Am over our van for the weekend again..

Be nice to go and treat myself for being so on track with the TS...

usually a lovely sandal stall over there so might grab myself a couple of new pairs..No point buying clothes as i have a wardrobe full of "tight" ones to slim into already.

Took the very hard decision yesterday and gave everybit of clothing that i have that is slightly too big / or fits but havent worn it for ages away to a local horse rescue..
I feel like i have been storing "growbags" in my closet...Well no more!!! onwards and downwards for me!!!

Have a super easter everyone xxx

Day 13

I hate the number 13,, so i cant wait to get through today..

OH just gave me some money too go out and treat myself as he usually buys me the biggest easter egg he can find bless him...

I have just had my morning shake and am going to go over the road and have a wander round the market..Am over our van for the weekend again..

Be nice to go and treat myself for being so on track with the TS...

usually a lovely sandal stall over there so might grab myself a couple of new pairs..No point buying clothes as i have a wardrobe full of "tight" ones to slim into already.

Took the very hard decision yesterday and gave everybit of clothing that i have that is slightly too big / or fits but havent worn it for ages away to a local horse rescue..
I feel like i have been storing "growbags" in my closet...Well no more!!! onwards and downwards for me!!!

Have a super easter everyone xxx

I bet that was so liberating! Well done, you're doing so well! xx :D

I bet that was so liberating! Well done, you're doing so well! xx :D

Nicky it was very cathartic to give the things away..

.It was like i had finally got the faith in myself that i am NEVER going back to that size again.

I was getting dressed and suddenly thought that if i kept the bigger clothes that i could end up growing back into them...

So now i have decided that as i grow comfortably out of each size that i will keep doing it...

I have a wardrobe full of size 16 and biggish 14 now...the biggish 14 are bargains i have picked up over the last few weeks...

The 16 are what i mainly wear now.
Only as its summer and the dresses are so much loser cut etc..

I cant believe its my second WI tomorrow already...Feel like this week has flown by..

Had an update about my treadmill..its delivery slot is 9am weds morning which is just perfect...

i think the gods are with me as that is day 1 of my 3rd week which is when i planned to add exercise into the diet..

Would love to hear other peoples tips about exercise etc ..when and what to introduce etc

Well the sun is shining in sunny St Osyth so its time to go for a walk.

Will update with WI tomorrow xx

Hi Valentine,

Good for you! The last couple of days I have been spending approx 45 mins on the Wi fit and have felt fine. I'm hoping that introducing that and walking my dog twoce a day instead of once is going to boost my loses. I don't know the official guidance around exercise though as I've read mixed advice xx

Hi Valentine - I did the same thing with my wardrobe after my second WI (I lost 4 lb woo!)... well, almost - I only managed to put them into an old suitcase but I will lug them along to a charity shop soon!

I go to the gym 3 times a week and for walks on the other days - at the gym I do 20 mins of hard cardio (on a machine) and then weights to build muscle (apparently helps to keep metabolism going when on a vlcd)... but the best thing is the endorphine high I get once I've done it!!

Good luck tomorrow. x

Hi Valentine - I did the same thing with my wardrobe after my second WI (I lost 4 lb woo!)... well, almost - I only managed to put them into an old suitcase but I will lug them along to a charity shop soon!

I go to the gym 3 times a week and for walks on the other days - at the gym I do 20 mins of hard cardio (on a machine) and then weights to build muscle (apparently helps to keep metabolism going when on a vlcd)... but the best thing is the endorphine high I get once I've done it!!

Good luck tomorrow. x

Thank you JO Jo and well done with the 4lb!!!
I cant do gym weights as i have a bad spinal injury (had 2 ops so far)
weights etc is a no go for me hence the treadmill..which i can use YAY..

Your workouts sound really impressive and your right about the metabolism boost..I used to go gym many moons ago and loved the endorphine release it gives..

Thanks for the info much appreciated xx

Took the very hard decision yesterday and gave every bit of clothing that i have that is slightly too big / or fits but havent worn it for ages away to a local horse rescue..

Will the clothes suit the horses??? ;) xx

Hi Valentine,

Good for you! The last couple of days I have been spending approx 45 mins on the Wi fit and have felt fine. I'm hoping that introducing that and walking my dog twoce a day instead of once is going to boost my loses. I don't know the official guidance around exercise though as I've read mixed advice xx

I have a WII fit so i think i am going to dust it off as i know you can work at your own pace on it...thanks for jogging my memory there...

roll on tomorrow for my next WI and Weds for my treadmill to arrive and gonna get my son round to fit the WII up in the spare room upstairs..(no excuses about OH wanting to watch tv that way..)

thanks again huni xx

Hi Valentine, just popped on to say you're doing brilliantly and good luck for the 2nd weigh in - mine's in the morning too, it better be good is all I can say!

Good luck for WI 2 Fingers crossed for you My 2nd WI is Wednesday Hope we both get big numbers xx

Hi Valentine, just popped on to say you're doing brilliantly and good luck for the 2nd weigh in - mine's in the morning too, it better be good is all I can say!

I am thrilled with my second weeks loss...

just been on the scales and i have lost 5lb this week...
I am now 14st 3lb and feel Fab about it..
I'm now only 4lb away from the 13's which for me is unbelievable...To know i could be in the 13's in the next 2 weeks (next WI if i am very lucky) is a huge boost to staying 100% TS.
With any other diets i used to "reward" my losses with a takeaway..now i just want to get the water out and spend some money on other "rewards" like shoes or a new lipstick etc..
I feel totally motivated and in the zone to keep on track ..

Thank you to everyone over the last few weeks for your support and encouragement as i know i would have failed without the support of this site xxx
Going to go and update my loss in my signature now whoo hoo!!!!!!!

Wow - 16lbs in 2 weeks. Well done, that's fab

xx

Wow - 16lbs in 2 weeks. Well done, that's fab

xx

I know Toots i nearly fell off the scales when i see the number pop up..got off and moved them and got on again just to make sure i wasnt seeing things lol. (i've got ww digital ones)

Even better though..I just went to change my weight details and noticed i have got under 200lb for the first time since i can recall...i also noticed my combined loss of band/exante is now 102lb..

Its so hard to remember being that heavy now...But the one thing i wont ever forget is how truely miserable and sad i felt most of the time.
I used to run away from anyone with a camera ...now i carry one in my handbag..there is a big chunk of my life that i have no photos of..I feel stupid and vain that i have none now...I have about 2 of me at my heaviest i will try and dig one out and scan it and if i am brave enough put it on my signature xxx

Back