my old diary... have started a new one ,,,new start new diary

Thank you Cybil...

Its all about encouragement to help isnt it...i love this forum..there are a few negative posts on the site but they seem to be made by very young first time dieters..(if only they realised its never easy to keep the weight off) but 98% is just positive advice and inspiring posts..

Long live minimins is all i can say...

I know i dont go to WI with a counsellor etc (not being rude but just because you have lost weight it does not qualify anyone to give any type of counselling as to the emotional or psychological state of someone who comes to buy diet products) but i do have to come and update my weight on here which really keeps me on track...And if my story helps anyone else then thats a wonderful bonus xxxxxx

I'm doing really good this week, after many months of false starts! And, it's down to getting back on MiniMins and all the fabulous success stories on here giving me added motivation ... oh and a wee trip home at the end of the month.... oh and a family portrait date in August! LoL

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents)

I'm doing really good this week, after many months of false starts! And, it's down to getting back on MiniMins and all the fabulous success stories on here giving me added motivation ... oh and a wee trip home at the end of the month.... oh and a family portrait date in August! LoL

OOh Missy you have lots to look forwards too...And really glad to hear you are back on track and no doubt will get all the way to the finishing post this time...

Sometimes it isnt how fast you leave the starting blocks ..its the fact that you finish that matters xxxxxxxx

Day 31....god i can remember typing day 6 like it was only yesterday lol

Dont time fly!!!...
Went back to my house today as i have been over the van all week..I must have just burnt 300 calories dusting and hoovering the place to within an inch of its life....Cant believe how much dust appears even when no one has been in the place..

Anyway less about cleaning....The reason i am writing in my diary today is because i had to go up and down the stairs quite a bit with washing etc ..It has just dawned on me how less i was panting and puffing..
So me being me i decided to get a bin liner and put in on my scales and fill it with 23lb of stones from my rockery...

Put the bin liner in a rucksack and strapped it on my back..OMG i cant believe how heavy it was and how much harder it was going up the stairs...So taking up the challenge i then filled it with till it weighed 5st exactly...Which is still no where near my total loss...Had to get my neighbour to put the rucksack on my back...Then i tried to walk up the stairs...i gave up at the fourth stair as it was huring too much..(bad spine injury) but to think i had been going about my daily life carrying all that extra weight for so many years was a real eye opener..

It has also dawned on me that when i get to my first goal of 11st (24.9 bmi) i will have lost 10st 7lb and over double what was in that rucksack!!!

Bring it on!!!!! thats all i can say xxxxxxxxx

Fascinating Valentine :clap:

It's amazing how we adapt to things, and it's not until we lose some weight that we actually realise how big a toll it was taking on our poor bodies!

I've never tried to visualise how much weight I have lost, but think I might just try it next week on my days off - thanks for the continued inspiration :worthy: .

Cx

Fascinating Valentine :clap:

It's amazing how we adapt to things, and it's not until we lose some weight that we actually realise how big a toll it was taking on our poor bodies!

I've never tried to visualise how much weight I have lost, but think I might just try it next week on my days off - thanks for the continued inspiration :worthy: .

Cx

thanks Missy...

i have left the rucksake complete with stones under the stairs like a bit of visual motivation lol..

Day 32

Not quite sure what to make of yesterday as its AAMW and i had 2 bars and a chicken breast..Was out all day and only had bars with me (hence 2 bars)...felt strange not having a shake and was a bit worried about Ketosis today with having 2 bars instead of one..Did wake up with the nasty breath still and dont feel hungry so hopefully no harm done.

Have decided i dont like AAMW and am going back to complete TS instead....for the rest of this week till my next WI i am not going to have any bars either as i am finding them a bit too moreish at the moment.

I have put 3 shakes on the kitchen worktop in preperation so i can keep track on how many i have had as sometimes i forget lol...

I dont have anything planned for today so hopefully the sun will come out and i can get in the garden with a good book.

Hope everyone is having a good day and you all have a lovely weekend xxx

Last edited:
Thats an amazing loss so far! I might also try doing the weight in the bag thing at the end of the month when I need to decide whether to order another month of packs or not - might just convince me to keep going for another month!

That is amazing - when you took the rucksack off did you feel instantly the relief and lightness - bet you thought you could float away!

Thats an amazing loss so far! I might also try doing the weight in the bag thing at the end of the month when I need to decide whether to order another month of packs or not - might just convince me to keep going for another month!

That is amazing - when you took the rucksack off did you feel instantly the relief and lightness - bet you thought you could float away!

Hiya Sammeh

When i took the rucksack off it was pure relief..I am 3lb away from losing a combined total of 8st so its hard to imagine what stress i was putting my body through when i was at my heaviest.

The only irony about my loss really is the fact i never had a bad back until i had lost the weight!!! My consultant is pretty sure that the prolapse was there but my weight was compressing my spine and stopping it from moving..It just suddenly was agony one morning when i woke up..tried to bend down and could not even manage to get me draws on...(was really embarrassing as i was at my boyfriends house at the time lol).

2 surgerys later and its better but i still have to take a plethora of strong prescription drugs to have a normalish life.

Certainly dont regret losing the weight though thats for sure!!!!

Good luck with ya diet journey xxxx

How you doing lovely? xx

How you doing lovely? xx

Hiya Clair well it was AAMW which i sort of did half heartedly..was concerned about wanting food if i started having it and i was right...went out yesterday morning with the intention of taking father in law out to a solicitors apt....(he is in a rest home) Anyway he had a bit of a funny turn whilst we were out and ended up at the hospital for the rest of the day..Just for observation etc so of course i stayed with him...His daughter was far too busy to get to the hospital to take over from me (very suprising as she doesnt work and has no dependent children Oh and has been living in his house scot free since she had him admitted to the rest home...) So i finally left the hospital at 3am this morning...needless to say i hd no packs with me and was 20 miles from home..
All i could get was vending machine food as the restaraunt was closed..So i had a sandwich late afternoon and again at about 12 last night..

F I L was taken back to the rest home about 7am..I was not allowed to take him back as due to hospital rules he had to go via their transport...

So i got home had a shower and then got the scales out..For the first time in 5 weeks i did not want to get on them.. Total day off plan before WI plus the AAMW was making me feel a bit sick to be honest...

Anyway i just bit the bullet and was quite pleased to have STS phew...not too much damage done other than the fact i know i am out of Ketosis and its going to be a hard few days coming up to get back into it..So i have put all the bars in my car and am doing a week of just shakes and soups to try and get back in the keto zone as quick as possible...

Had a punt on ebay for 16 soups a few days ago Just got an email to say i won them for £16 and free postage so bit of a bargain and much needed as i dont have many soups left compared to shakes....Wont have to order another bumper pack now till end of next week Yay!!

OH is working in birmingham which is why i was with F I L yest and he feels very guilty about not being here for his dad and about my day off plan...Told him these things happen and main thing is that F I L is ok and happily back at rest home with the staff fussing round him

So its now the start of week 6 and i am very motivated regardless of yesterdays problem..... Just see it as a blip that was beyond my control and hopefully will have a decent loss next WI...

On the upside i have found a CD consultant who is happy to sell me the water flavouring so am picking some tubs of that up later today..2 different flavours..sunhine orange and i think the other is berry flavour..will all help with drinking the water and staving off the hunger lol....And the other plus side is i measured my waist this morning and it is a good inch smaller than last week:):) so i am really happy about that..

Also i dont have to worry about doing another AAMW now for another month either...dont think i will bother doing it again anyway as it really didnt help and just made me want to eat....

Great loss this week Clair...you are 1lb below me now so ya back in the zone and winning the battle of the bulge again lol xxxx

Well i have waffled on enough so am gonna get this posted and go update my stats xxxx

Aw sorry to hear about your FIL glad he's back to the rest home and hopefully soon feeling better. That's terrible of his daughter, infact its down right shocking!!!
I think you done the best you could food wise. Sometimes these things happen so not to worry.
As longs you get straight back into it, it should be all good :)
Don't know how you can eat them soups, yukky yuk :)
Hope your days going well xx

Aw sorry to hear about your FIL glad he's back to the rest home and hopefully soon feeling better. That's terrible of his daughter, infact its down right shocking!!!
I think you done the best you could food wise. Sometimes these things happen so not to worry.
As longs you get straight back into it, it should be all good :)
Don't know how you can eat them soups, yukky yuk :)
Hope your days going well xx

Thanks hun...as for sis in law...yesterdays solictors apt was because she is trying to get control of his assets etc...She got him to sign a form that he couldnt read (nearly blind) telling him it was just a bill etc...Was in fact a letter from solicitor granting her to be his advocate for his finances!!!! she didnt realise that my OH would be sent a copy of it as he has to be consenting too..needless to say he was fuming and said his dad was quite able to look after his own finances with a little help and did not need an advocate..So she not succeeded and her plan to take advantage of a vulnerable elderly man have been truely thwarted... she live 5 mins away from rest home but only visists at most once a month.. OH goes once a week and takes him out for his lunch and for walk etc weather permitting and we are 45 minutes away by car and bruce (OH) has 3 businesses to run in 2 different towns..
So yes its bloody down right shocking she doesnt do more...she is without doubt the most selfish person i have ever met.....My OH and her were both adopted by this wonderful man and given an upbringing full of love and security and this is how she repays it..really does get my goat....

Anyway its half 5 and my day has been good so far...been for a walk had a shake for brekkie and an exante bar for brunch and will have a soup to finish the day off in a hour or so...Not sure what is happening with Ketosis as i dont have bad breath but i am not overly hungry so maybe...just maybe...i never came out of it fully..Will know by tomorrow as the hunger will really kick in if i am fully out of it..

Clair you had a brill loss this week ...well done huni you must be really happy about it xxx

Omg what a total heartless selfish cow!!! That's the lowest of the low thing to do. Poor old guy :(
Maybe your still in ketosis, perhaps the sandwiches weren't more carbs than 3 shakes? Fingers crossed eh :)

Yeh last weeks loss was amazing and totally unexpected :) not too sure about this week tho, after my weekend off plan ;) xx

Hi Valentine.

I popped in to have a little nosey and ended up reading you whole diary!

You have done so amazingly and you should be so proud of yourself!

You remind me of me and when you talk about how unhappy you were when you were bigger just reminds me of me sooo much!and you remind me of how i feel when im in control.

Definatly an inspiration :)

Hi Vale :wavey:

Good to hear your FIL is doing ok ... not really surprised by your SiL as this is more common than you may think, and disgusts me to the core :flamingmad:

On the diet front, well done for getting straight back on track, and look forward to WI next week.

Just read the bit about your sister-in-law and it's truly sad and horrible. What a money-grabbing b*tch :(.

What a horrid family situation you are going through honey- can;t be easy for you or your husband at all and your poor father in law too. Sending big hugs your way. You'll be back on track and the losses will show again next week for sure. You had to eat yesterday so don;t feel bad about choices- was all you could do. Now fill your handbag with bars in case you get short again and step back into the ketosis zone. Take care sugar xxxx

Thankyou ladies for your kind words ..i love the positivity of this site....When we are feeling a bit low there is someone there in cyberspace ready to offer some support...hugely appreciated..xxx

Well yesterday i did stay TS 100% and i think your right Clair i am not convinced i came out of ketosis as i had the full on doggy breath this morning and felt light and refreshed for a good day on the plan and a good nights sleep...Am full of beans today!!!!

Got my water flavourings from the local CD lady and they are yummy yummy yummy...making the water go down so much easier..I did have some of the Kee diet water flavouring but it is not quite so nice..and at 8.50 and 3.00 postage quite expensive...

Have to say CD lady was very helpful and didnt try to convert me lol... she did have to go through the motions and weigh me but i stepped on backwards and told her not to tell me what it was lol....Just means now i am on her records i can get more water stuff when i need it Yay!!!

Still cant quite believe how quick the time has gone and that its week 6 already...I planned to do 3 months on TS so im nearly half way through..Have also decided to extend that to 16 weeks if all goes well.....Will defo NOT be doing any more AAMW's though as i found last week very hard and preferred TS xx

Back