my old diary... have started a new one ,,,new start new diary

Hiya everyone....had to see my quack this morning to adjust some of my meds as dont want to have them on my repeat as its just a waste as i am not needing quite so many now YAY....

he asked me how my diet was going so i explained about my STS during AAMW... he worked out the calories i had roughly consumed that week and said most people would have lost and not STS...He then explained to me that our bodies are constantly evolving to protect themselves which is why we plateau some weeks and then start losing the next...I told him i had lost inches that week so wasnt disheartened about it...

He did ask why i had added a meal when i felt comfortable on TS so i explained that the exante guidlines tell you to...Anyway he has assured me that as it gives us 100% of the vitimins etc that we need everyday that it would be entirely safe for me not to do the AAMW if i felt ok on TS....He has been my doctor for 25 years so i trust his judgement entirely so defo no more AAMW for me...He wants me to keep him updated with my loss etc and asked me if i would consent to him doing a case study of me once i had got to my "healthy" BMI... He is one of them doctors that isnt a dinosaur and embraces new treatments etc...

Oh and the other fantastic bit of news!!!! he said once i get to my healthy BMI and have maintained it for at least 6 months (normally its 18-24 months) that he will refer me for an apronectomy as tummy will never become flat or normal looking due to having lost so much weight!!!!!!!!!! so im thrilled about that...

Have managed to get back on the wagon fully after mondays hiccup so i'm hoping that on my next WI i will be a few pounds nearer my elusive Healthy BMI...And like cybill i will be just an OVERWEIGHT lady hopefully on my next WI fingers crossed...

Just a thought...does anyone else feel that a woman who is a size 14-16 is 5ft 6" with a 32" waist really belong in the obese range still lol...??? well i only have to lose a few more pounds not to be classd as that anymore Whoo Hoo xxxxxxxx

Snap!! I have STS in week 5 as well (mind you I was WAY more off plan than you and thoroughly deserved it). Will probably get going again for next weeks WI.

Not far to go before you're overweight. I try not to get too hung up on the BMI stuff as there's quite a huge disparity between the catagories anyway (I could be between about 8 stone 4lbs and 10 stone 12lbs to be "normal" - massive difference and would be far too skinny at the lower weight!!!).

Is an apronectomy like a tummy tuck?? Sounds fab. I had a breast reduction in 2000 - best thing ever :) xx

Snap!! I have STS in week 5 as well (mind you I was WAY more off plan than you and thoroughly deserved it). Will probably get going again for next weeks WI.

Not far to go before you're overweight. I try not to get too hung up on the BMI stuff as there's quite a huge disparity between the catagories anyway (I could be between about 8 stone 4lbs and 10 stone 12lbs to be "normal" - massive difference and would be far too skinny at the lower weight!!!).

Is an apronectomy like a tummy tuck?? Sounds fab. I had a breast reduction in 2000 - best thing ever :) xx

Hiya Jubbs

I totally agree with the bmi s*** cos to rech into the normal range i have to be 11st or less and i know i will start to look gaunt in the face if i lose much more than that goal...

Apronectomy is slightly more invasive as they remove the skin and you get a larger scar..(can defo live with that) where as a tummy tuck is smaller incisions and the muscles are tightened and they generally use more of a liposuction technique with it..

I'm hoping i might be able to get my boobs lifted at same time ..They are fine at moment as i am a 36dd but i think i will probably lose more tissue from that area too so if they do become awful then i can be referred for that too..because i started with a bmi of over 45 when i was banded i am within the guidelines...Its a real mine field the old PCT criteria so will just have to wait and see.. Mind you i am already saving to have them done privately if i have to as the thought of being flat chested or too droopy is not a nice thought lol...

I self funded the Band when i had it so i havent been a drain on the NHS surgically yet...When i got my band it wasnt available on the NHS...My complication was quite rare as my easophagus was the problem and not the band itself..I could have had the band left in with no restriction in it but opted for removal to be on the safe side..
I have to say though that b4 the band my life was unbearable due to my size so i have absolutely no regrets having it as it helped me back into a normal life and out of the black hole of depression i was in at the time...
STS is a tad annoying isnt it but with the wise words of my doctor ringing in my head i have a better understanding of why it happens on any kind of diet and not just the VLCD....
Your doing reall well though babe so will look forward to seeing how ya get on with ya next WI xxxxxxxxx

Wow, I have finally had time to catch up on your diary from the start. You are one hell of an amazing woman, your strength and optimism certainly shines through the diary entries.

Wow and grats on the total loss to date and for staying so positive and motivational on the STS, kinda makes me feel a bit ashamed for being so totally negative some days!!!

Wow, I have finally had time to catch up on your diary from the start. You are one hell of an amazing woman, your strength and optimism certainly shines through the diary entries.

Wow and grats on the total loss to date and for staying so positive and motivational on the STS, kinda makes me feel a bit ashamed for being so totally negative some days!!!

thanks Sammeh i'm defo an optimist lol

But we all have bad days just some of us more than others..your doing great on the diet too so well done so far huni ...good luck for the weeks ahead xxxxxxxx

Well done indeed valentine. It's so lovely to hear about your relationship with your GP and the obvious time and TLC they take with you- if only they were all like that hey!! Try not to get too disheartened about AAMW. The first time I tried it I STS then the second time about 7 weeks later I lost 5lbs!! Dread what it will be like next time!!! Keep strong xx

Well done indeed valentine. It's so lovely to hear about your relationship with your GP and the obvious time and TLC they take with you- if only they were all like that hey!! Try not to get too disheartened about AAMW. The first time I tried it I STS then the second time about 7 weeks later I lost 5lbs!! Dread what it will be like next time!!! Keep strong xx

Oh Gaga now ya have given me food for thought (no pun intended lol) I just found eating even the smallest amounts of protein and veg was testing my resolve too much not to binge on all the bad things lol..

But your right my GP is the nuts and very supportive to say the least...dont know what i will do if he ever retires !!! xxx

Hi! Just caught up in your diary - your GP sounds amazing, you'll have to send him to my surgery! lol!

Don't be too disheartened about STS on AAM week. It has probably kick started your metabolism so you'll have a fab loss next week! :D

Well its now sunday day 5 of week 6..
Dont know why i did it but i got on the scales this morning..They are still stuck at 13.10 grrrr thought i may have lost a 1lb at least...Not sure whats happening with the lack of loss???? Maybe its because i am quite limited with the anount of walking i can do when my back is bad..(been awful this past week) so have been quite sedentary at home not being able to do much.....Have to just wait and see what they say on my official WI day on tuesday....Have been 100% TS other than one boiled egg that i had with my meds one eve....

Gonna stay with it and hope there IS some kind of movement by Tues....And if there isnt i fully intend to stay TS till they do start moving again..Pesky things!!!

Sometimes the scales just dont play ball eh? Sometimes mines dont move all week then WI they're down a few pounds! Don't worry it'll all come right :)
Have you been drinking plenty water? Don't think the egg will make any difference babe xxx

Sometimes the scales just dont play ball eh? Sometimes mines dont move all week then WI they're down a few pounds! Don't worry it'll all come right :)
Have you been drinking plenty water? Don't think the egg will make any difference babe xxx

Hiya MISSY G lol....huge loss for you im well jell....seriously you have done FAB..

know what ya mean about the scales they are fickle things at times so i am not going to let it sway me from the path to goal...And yes i have been drinking a minimum of 3 t 4 lt of water a day..thats without the coffee etc xx

Hi! Just caught up in your diary - your GP sounds amazing, you'll have to send him to my surgery! lol!

Don't be too disheartened about STS on AAM week. It has probably kick started your metabolism so you'll have a fab loss next week! :D

thanks nicky gonna stay with it cos i know them scales will move in the end...xxx

Last edited:
Hi all..been feeling a bit miffed about the scales not budging so i decided to re measure my stats.
anyway here they are after losing 23lb on Exante

hips..... 51" now 45".... lost 6"
waist.... 36" now 33".... lost 3"
chest ....36" now 34.5". lost 1.5"
calves....17" now 16"......lost 1" off each
ind thigh.29"now 26"......lost 3" off each

So thats a combined loss of 18" in just under 6 weeks!!! (1.5" off my waist since i STS at week 5 till now 5 days into week 6

So i am so much happier knowing i may have STS and the scale hasnt budged yet this week but i have lost 1.5" off my waist during that time...

Just thought i would share this as i know there are other people struggling when they STS...get them measuring tapes out ladies and gents!!!!!!!!

Going to post this here and am also going to paste it into my diary for future reference. Just incase i lose the paper i have written them on so far...its nice to have it on here to look back on ....so sorry if anyone thinks they are seeing double lol xxxxx

Wow that's a bloody lot!!! I haven't done my measurements for ages xx

valentine said:
LOL get that tape measure out Clair...13.04 now so you must have shrunk loads xxx

I'll have to look out last years diary coz my measurements are in there. I'm off Wednesday Thursday I'll do it then :) xx

Those losses are fab! I would much prefer to be getting smaller than the scales saying I'm lighter! It's obviously working for you. I bet you're moving down those clothes sizes quickly! Well done! :D

I'll have to look out last years diary coz my measurements are in there. I'm off Wednesday Thursday I'll do it then :) xx

Bet ya will have a brill inch loss Clair xx

Those losses are fab! I would much prefer to be getting smaller than the scales saying I'm lighter! It's obviously working for you. I bet you're moving down those clothes sizes quickly! Well done! :D

Its made me really rethink the whole weighing in every week...Cos i really was disheartened that the scales dont seem to be budging so got tape measure out and am totally motivated again...Its my official WI tomorrow so obviously i want to have lost something but Ive been trying stuff on out of the "slim into end" of my wardobe and its clear that regardless what the scales are saying i am definately shrinking without them moving lol...
So yep Nicky i am going to use the clothes as a guide a bit more and not stress about the scales....when i started exante i was a solid size 18...not i am in between sizes but more of a 14 than 16 so that gets a big thumbs up from me xxxxxxxx :banana dancer:

Its made me really rethink the whole weighing in every week...Cos i really was disheartened that the scales dont seem to be budging so got tape measure out and am totally motivated again...Its my official WI tomorrow so obviously i want to have lost something but Ive been trying stuff on out of the "slim into end" of my wardobe and its clear that regardless what the scales are saying i am definately shrinking without them moving lol...
So yep Nicky i am going to use the clothes as a guide a bit more and not stress about the scales....when i started exante i was a solid size 18...not i am in between sizes but more of a 14 than 16 so that gets a big thumbs up from me xxxxxxxx :banana dancer:[/QUOTE]

Twittwoo! And just think, you'll be in a size 12 before you know it! You deserve it all, you've worked so hard! I'm so pleased for you xx

That's a huge size difference Valentine- fab news. Must be so nice to get into clothes that were restricting before. Go Missy xx

That's a huge size difference Valentine- fab news. Must be so nice to get into clothes that were restricting before. Go Missy xx

Thanks Ga Ga yep them clothes are on and fitting me nicely YAY..

Well its the end of week 6 and i had my WI this morning and lost 2lb...would have liked a bit more but have to be realistic about the inches and also the lack of exercise i am physically able to do... So i am going to plod on and stay TS as i am determined to shed this weight no matter how long it takes...I also got a new back brace that arrived yesterday so i will be able to do some more walking..(Supports my spine nicely the brace)
My consultant said he wanted me to wait a year since surgery and its only 2 weeks off so now i have the support brace i can start to use the treadmill that i have been admiring for the last few weeks!!!!
So onwards and downwards YAY xxxx

Back