My Peachy LT Diary!

Peachy you've done amazingly well :0) and pics like that give the rest of us hope :D xxx

Aww bless you all girls thank you so much, it's support like that from you guys that helped a lot too. Watch her fly I think I was about 14st ish at the time that middle pic was taken x

Your pictures and positive attitude really spur me on!! You look stunning!! My OH I think would prefer me to slim down to the size you are in the middle picture but I'm aiming for your last!! It's you who has made me realise this isn't temporary I have to change my lifestyle completely so I walk and cycle and will start swimming in a couple of stones time. Keep it up because you are an inspiration to many and should be proud!! X

Angellove said:
Your pictures and positive attitude really spur me on!! You look stunning!! My OH I think would prefer me to slim down to the size you are in the middle picture but I'm aiming for your last!! It's you who has made me realise this isn't temporary I have to change my lifestyle completely so I walk and cycle and will start swimming in a couple of stones time. Keep it up because you are an inspiration to many and should be proud!! X

Hey Hun thank you so much, you're right it does have to be a complete lifestyle change unless you want to do it all over again haha! Exercise is definitely a key to maintaining then you can balance the food out and have a normal diet even with treats! You've done great to start with the exercise trust me you will be glad you did! I love how I look now but still have a little way to go yet, ideally I want to be 10st but going to review it at 11 :)
Keep up the hard work angellove! Xx

Wow I really have to use the laptop so I can see the weigh loss tickers but you look great and you're not even at goal!!
I also feel the exercise makes not eating feel worthwhile I can't explain this but somehow just to have the shakes wouldn't feel right!!
Besides a lil exercise distracts me from food x

Wow I really have to use the laptop so I can see the weigh loss tickers but you look great and you're not even at goal!!
I also feel the exercise makes not eating feel worthwhile I can't explain this but somehow just to have the shakes wouldn't feel right!!
Besides a lil exercise distracts me from food x

I know what you mean. I think partly it's because the shakes are a temporary measure, a means to an end whereas the exercise is a good habit to keep for a life time. I always felt that it was pointless to deprive myself of food if I didn't make a conscious effort to improve my fitness. I started LT for health reasons and my GP has always said that weight loss is only half the battle - getting more fit and active is the key.

.....and you're right it is a good distraction!

Dx

That's what I mean!! Yay thanks for putting it into words for me Denise - if I didn't exercise too the lack of food would seem bit of a waste!! Exercise is the key for me too because I feel I earn my shakes and it makes me happy!! When I think of all those calories I was consuming and not doing anything to burn them off it is little wonder I got fat.

Angellove said:
That's what I mean!! Yay thanks for putting it into words for me Denise - if I didn't exercise too the lack of food would seem bit of a waste!! Exercise is the key for me too because I feel I earn my shakes and it makes me happy!! When I think of all those calories I was consuming and not doing anything to burn them off it is little wonder I got fat.

That now scares me so much... The amount Of empty calories I would eat through boredom or just gluttony were ridiculous and even though I was always active it just didn't balance out! The way I look at it now if I go for a run or a swim then I can have some nice food and still fit my backside into a pretty dress! Haha ... Shallow much peach! Xx

Hey hun, you look so amazing, how long did it take for you to lose your weight and what size are you now if you don't mind me asking xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That now scares me so much... The amount Of empty calories I would eat through boredom or just gluttony were ridiculous and even though I was always active it just didn't balance out! The way I look at it now if I go for a run or a swim then I can have some nice food and still fit my backside into a pretty dress! Haha ... Shallow much peach! Xx
Thats how I'm going to be!!! 'You want the wine and the Saturday night treat!!! Better get your ass out running then hadn't you!!!???'

*Internal monologue!!!*

Sammie1984 said:
Hey hun, you look so amazing, how long did it take for you to lose your weight and what size are you now if you don't mind me asking xxx

Hey!
Thanks so much hun, it took me 3months to lose 5.5 stones then had some time off for Christmas and maintained... Then just over a month to get rid of another stone but stayed the same for 3 weeks still dunno why but it was to do with not enough food and too much exercise! Still got a stone and a half to get rid of ideally... And no of course I don't mind... Im a 12 on top and 12-14 depending on what it is around my Beyonce bum! That won't change haha! Xx

Deezer said:
Thats how I'm going to be!!! 'You want the wine and the Saturday night treat!!! Better get your ass out running then hadn't you!!!???'

*Internal monologue!!!*

Haha love the inner monologue!

That's exactly what I want though I'll do the time for the crime! I just refuse point blank to let it get out of control like I was before! And dee guess what.... The scales have moved!!!! Xx

peach pip said:
Hey!
Thanks so much hun, it took me 3months to lose 5.5 stones then had some time off for Christmas and maintained... Then just over a month to get rid of another stone but stayed the same for 3 weeks still dunno why but it was to do with not enough food and too much exercise! Still got a stone and a half to get rid of ideally... And no of course I don't mind... Im a 12 on top and 12-14 depending on what it is around my Beyonce bum! That won't change haha! Xx

Wow babe you look so amazing!!! I hope I manage to get as small as you... Lol it's mad how the body works isn't it, I have taken up swimming 2/3 times a week not much I know but hopefully as I get smaller and fitter I can start to do a little more, well done for getting to where you are you must be so proud of yourself xxxxx

Wow babe you look so amazing!!! I hope I manage to get as small as you... Lol it's mad how the body works isn't it, I have taken up swimming 2/3 times a week not much I know but hopefully as I get smaller and fitter I can start to do a little more, well done for getting to where you are you must be so proud of yourself xxxxx

The swimming will make a huge difference hun so well done for starting and congrats on a great first week.

Good luck on your journey

Dx

Denise140 said:
The swimming will make a huge difference hun so well done for starting and congrats on a great first week.

Good luck on your journey

Dx

Thank you hun, your all so lovely on here xxxx

Re too much exercise - this is from some time ago (before babies two and three!) but I think it still stands!

I had maybe two and a half stone to lose to be a size ten I wasn't big just a bit chunky lol. I walked maybe an hour a day and because we were poor I ate fairly healthily and regularly and only had a few treats at the weekend.

Long story short I managed to get a membership at the gym and decided to shed the extra weight. I had maybe 1000 calories a day mostly porridge, fruit, veg, chicken breast. No processed food, sweets, cakes etc.

At the gym - I went 3 or 4 times a week - I would do the bike to warm up then the cross trainer and then the weights and finally a bit on the treadmill.

I never lost a pound.

I went to see the doc and she was very kind and tested my thyroid - runs in the family - but when I went for the results (which I knew would be fine) a different dic told me they were ok and said I must be still eating too much (I'd kept a food diary and noted my exercise down) but I was so upset to be told 1000 calories was still too much I ran out crying.

A few days later I was back at the gym and a super fit lady came up to me to say if I was trying to lose weight the routine I was doing was wrong. The cardio wouldn't shift pounds - the free weights were better for this and less time consuming. Also she said I was doing too much cardio and it was best to do one thing each time I went and told me on the free weights not to do the same ones every time I came.

Story of my life I gave up but my point is I think when you are just trying to lose only a little weight there is a fine line between too much exercise and not enough food. Your fat stores have really reduced and I guess if you eat your body gies into starvation mode and won't allow you to lose weight.

Similarly if you are not eating enough and the exercise is still at a high level your body won't let it work because it will try and preserve your energy sources.

There is a way - using your current weight - to calculate how many calories you need to maintain your weight and if you work it out from there how many less you need to lose it should really help you keep an eye on not eating enough. I'll look it out later if you like but you might be surprised at what you are allowed.

As for the exercise you could join a forum specifically for exercise addicts(!) and ask the question of what you should be doing and when. My husband recently started running and despite running 3 miles a day it was having no effect (he only needs to lose a stone) he found such a place and they soon sorted him out.

Hope this was some help lol you probably fell asleep reading it. Xx

Haha love the inner monologue!

That's exactly what I want though I'll do the time for the crime! I just refuse point blank to let it get out of control like I was before! And dee guess what.... The scales have moved!!!! Xx
Ooooooh how much? How much?? X

Re too much exercise - this is from some time ago (before babies two and three!) but I think it still stands!

I had maybe two and a half stone to lose to be a size ten I wasn't big just a bit chunky lol. I walked maybe an hour a day and because we were poor I ate fairly healthily and regularly and only had a few treats at the weekend.

Long story short I managed to get a membership at the gym and decided to shed the extra weight. I had maybe 1000 calories a day mostly porridge, fruit, veg, chicken breast. No processed food, sweets, cakes etc.

At the gym - I went 3 or 4 times a week - I would do the bike to warm up then the cross trainer and then the weights and finally a bit on the treadmill.

I never lost a pound.

I went to see the doc and she was very kind and tested my thyroid - runs in the family - but when I went for the results (which I knew would be fine) a different dic told me they were ok and said I must be still eating too much (I'd kept a food diary and noted my exercise down) but I was so upset to be told 1000 calories was still too much I ran out crying.

A few days later I was back at the gym and a super fit lady came up to me to say if I was trying to lose weight the routine I was doing was wrong. The cardio wouldn't shift pounds - the free weights were better for this and less time consuming. Also she said I was doing too much cardio and it was best to do one thing each time I went and told me on the free weights not to do the same ones every time I came.

Story of my life I gave up but my point is I think when you are just trying to lose only a little weight there is a fine line between too much exercise and not enough food. Your fat stores have really reduced and I guess if you eat your body gies into starvation mode and won't allow you to lose weight.

Similarly if you are not eating enough and the exercise is still at a high level your body won't let it work because it will try and preserve your energy sources.

There is a way - using your current weight - to calculate how many calories you need to maintain your weight and if you work it out from there how many less you need to lose it should really help you keep an eye on not eating enough. I'll look it out later if you like but you might be surprised at what you are allowed.

As for the exercise you could join a forum specifically for exercise addicts(!) and ask the question of what you should be doing and when. My husband recently started running and despite running 3 miles a day it was having no effect (he only needs to lose a stone) he found such a place and they soon sorted him out.

Hope this was some help lol you probably fell asleep reading it. Xx

Thats really interesting!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post that!!! X

Coooey peachy.... don`t leave us in suspenders for too long babes.... how much???? xxxxx :D:D

Last edited:
Back