My pound a week challenge

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gobolino, 20 August 2010 Social URL.

1. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Hi Everyone !

What do you think about this..... if I manage to nail my pound a week challenge for April, do you think I should up it to 1.5lb per week for september ???

I go away in the middle of September for a week, but still want to be quite focussed and not end up going backwards !

Anyone any ideas ? I'm still pretty new to setting challenges for myself as previously I've found I tend to rebel against the challenge rather than really aim for it. I think I'm getting out of this though and I'm feeling much more positive :D

Thanks in advance x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm not really one for setting challenges. I aim to lose a pound a week but to be honest, if you've stuck to the plan your body will lose whatever it wants and there's not a lot more you can do about it!!

Some people respond well to challenges but for me, what will be will be.

It's up to you hun!

mojomcl likes this.
  4. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I aim to lose- ANYTHING- challenges don't work for me, my body likes to stuff me over and doesn't listen when I tell it I've been good and deserve to lose 2lbs... If you think a challenge will help, do it, but my body won't play ball so I don't bother!

Also, i think it's harder to lose a larger amount after you've been doing this for a while as losses will slow down...

5. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Thanks for your ideas both, I know only too well how the challenges backfire (as previously they have done with me and end up demotivating), but so far I feel ok with the 1lb a week, so perhaps I'll stick with that. To be totally honest I'm happy to stay the same some weeks since in the bigger picture that feels so much better than a gain.

Thanks again :)

6. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    I find that once I commit to a challenge my good intentions then go down the pan, so Ihope that I can lose 2lbs this week to make my stone award and then after that I aim to lose - hopefully - about a pound a week.

Good luck with your challenge though

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.