My progress from restarting through to Xmas

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
Journey Highlights (updated as I go)
6.4lbs on during my holiday week off but I ate and drank what I wanted.
Lost all of the weight gain plus another 0.8lbs in 5 days since restarting. :)
1st goal of being under 100kg :checkmark green:
Lost 6.2lbs in first WI since restarting
2nd goal of losing 2 stone :checkmark green:
Lost 4.2lbs in week 2 since restarting
Lost 3.4lbs in week 3 since restarting
3rd goal of 'being in the 14s' :checkmark green:
Lost 1.8lbs in week 4 since restarting (TOTM) :grumble:
Lost 1.6lbs in week 5 since restarting :(
4th goal of losing 3 stone (halfway!) :checkmark green:
Lost 3.4lbs in week 6 since restarting :)
Lost 3.6lbs in week 7 since restarting :)
Lost 2.6lbs in week 8 since restarting
Lost 2.2lbs in week 9 since restarting
5th goal of 'being in the 13s' :checkmark green:
Lost 2lb in week 10 since restarting
Lost 2.6lb in week 11 since restarting including a very drunken Xmas party in the middle!
Lost 2.2lb in week 12 since restarting (so far).
1.4lb to go to get to 6th goal of losing 4 stone which is where I'd like to be before my Xmas break (fingers firmly crossed!)

Thought I'd do the bloggy thing too to try to keep myself on track.

Restarted yesterday (26th September) having had a break for a week while my friends came to stay.

Started at 16 stone 5.2 pounds yesterday having put on 6.4 pounds :eek: during my week off. We ate out and drank quite a lot though and I wasn't watching calories at all. Having had a break I feel that it might kick start my metabolism as I had only lost 5lbs in the last 3 weeks of the VLCD before I took a break.

So I was 100% yesterday although I had 4 packs, not 3, and this morning had lost 1lb. So 5.4lbs to go before I get back to where I was before my break.

I will test for ketosis tonight. Can't wait to get back in so that I can stop feeling so hungry. It's TOTM too which also makes me feel hungry so a double whammy!

My ticker still shows where I got to before as I'm going to keep my WI day as a Wed so will update it after that.

I'm going to try to keep on track with this until a week or so before Xmas, have a break and then restart in the new year but we shall see!

Last edited:
Good to see you back and on track! :) What kind of food are you planning for your week off at Christmas? Are you planning to mainly do low cal or low carb, or just consider it a break and try to use moderation? I'm just curious because I was thinking of doing the same thing but don't want to have a total blow out hehe

I haven't really decided to be honest. I suppose 'sensible' eating with a few expected days of over indulging at the office Xmas night out and Xmas day etc. I'm fully expecting to put weight on over that period (expect I'll have about 3 weeks off) and will try to get back on track in the New Year to get to goal. And most diets start after Xmas anyway don't they? ;) As long as I can get back on the diet I'm not precious about having some planned breaks from it as it's a very restrictive (but effective) diet and I think the breaks will make me more inclined to stick with it rather than making myself miserable trying to stick with it when I'm starting to flag. I haven't found it too terrible to get back on track with the diet this time round (well halfway through day 2 anyway!).

You seem pretty headstrong to get through these first 4 days, well done you!
Are you busy during the day? I was at home with my 2 year old today and she has rejected 2 slices of pizza & 4 white chocolate mice. Had to through them away before I ate them this evening, so not me.
Being in ketosis is a huge bonus because I just don't feel like snacking.
Hope you get in the zone soon.

I'm at work during the day so don't have anything to tempt me other than shakes and bars :). It's when I come home that I find it a bit harder. More or less back in ketosis tonight (took 48 hours since my last non ketonic meal like last time). Ketostix showing a light purple whereas normally mine are dark purple so a little bit to go. Also down to 16st 3lbs tonight so 2.2lbs off in 36 hours. I won't quite reach my goal not to have put on more than 1lb during my break by my WI tomorrow but if I can be a pound or so down tomorrow morning it won't be too bad and with any luck I'll be back to where I left off in a week.

Had spag bol and the mushrooms that Lucysera suggested and it really bulked out the meal and filled me up. Got some green peppers in the fridge that I can use up so may add those tomorrow instead. Think I might use the veg options a little more than I did in the first 6 weeks this time around.

The veggies are definately good for bulking out dishes and I think that trying to have some daily in addition to the packs is helping set you up for healthy eating once you move into maintenance :)

Ok, so I was 16st 1.2 at WI this morning which means that I put on 2.4lbs during my week off so actually not too horrendous and hopefully I'll get that off this week. I had hoped to only have put on 1lb but it could be a lot worse! :)

That's no too bad then! , scarey how much you an put on in a week though !that's really good to get straight back on it too,it's really nice to have this forum ~ so nice to know that you're "not alone "Haven't really told anyone that im doing this diet , some people can be a bit negative about it ,usually the ones that don't have a weight problem !I am in a dance class and the other girls in my group are all lovely and slim ... I was fed up being the lardy in the group so I decided enough is enough couldn't afford cambridge diet this one is such a good price~ my hubby has treated me to the first couple of weeks ... he did add that he'd save that amount in the first week in cheese!! lol have to admit cheese is my downfall !!!x

BordersGirl said:
Ok, so I was 16st 1.2 at WI this morning which means that I put on 2.4lbs during my week off so actually not too horrendous and hopefully I'll get that off this week. I had hoped to only have put on 1lb but it could be a lot worse! :)

I put 10lb on Xmas week last year :-( but I did go a bit wild with the food :-|

I looked at my progress chart last time I did a VLCD and had a break for a week for my holiday and I put on 5lbs, so pretty similar. I'd be OK with putting on 10lbs over Xmas. Most people over indulge over Xmas and you can pretty much lose all of that on a VLCD in 2 weeks. This time round I'm hoping I can be more in control of my weight when I've finished and go back to 2 packs plus a low cal/carb meal if I start to put on too much. That's what I meant to do last time but as I was staying in hotels for 3 years during the week it didn't happen! I don't have any excuses now that I do a job where I don't need to travel.

Down another 0.6lbs this morning. Won't be long until I get back to where I got to before hopefully - 1.8lbs to go :)

I put 10lb on Xmas week last year :-( but I did go a bit wild with the food :-|

Oops! But at least you got back on track :) I'm never really one for over-indulgence at Christmas anyway, and my family's always been in the habit of returning to normal eating afterwards rather than picking at fattening things for weeks after. Hopefully this should serve me in good stead when it comes to coming off SS for Christmas. Fingers crossed!

Yeah true, I low carbed all last year and just stayed the same weight. Didn't think I could face a VLCD again after Lipotrim in 2008. Now I wish I had discovered Slim and Save, Lipotrim seems terrible in comparison to S&S :)

I was exactly the same. Did LT in 2006 and it was so awful I just couldn't get back onto it when I had a break after 4 months (still lost 5 stone on it tho and another 2 'normal' dieting).

I still have memories of the gritty chocolate shakes which is the only flavour I could stomach and to be honest it put me off having another crack at a VLCD for years. Getting back onto S&S has been a breeze as I actually quite like the taste of most of the shakes, bars and meals. I'm not a lover of the soups but have the veg occasionally. I'm on 3 packs usually so I do just fine with a shake, a bar and a meal.

You have such a great attitude to getting back on track, well done.
I find the ss bars so small and can devoured so quickly when eaten whilst multiple tasking. I just wish there was something I could snack on. This week, the odd babybel has been eaten but I don't know what the answer is.

Can't you snack on veg from the list, like cucumber sticks or whatever?

The bars are small but I cut mine into as many small slices as I can manage and usually get between 15 and 20 slivers which usually prevents eating it too quickly. I try not to do anything else when I'm eating my bar so that I just concentrate on eating it slowly. I then follow it up with a big drink of water to hopefully fill me up. Doesn't always work tho :)

Down to 16 stone exactly this morning. 1.2lbs off where I got to before my break. Fingers crossed that will be off by Monday :)

Oh yes, I used to do that with cd bars & then whack them in the freezer for an hour before I ate them just to slow the eating process down. I should start that again.
I wonder how much bigger the new bars will be?

Back