My progress from restarting through to Xmas

Moral of the story Lara - make him get his own food while you're on this diet :). My OH has to get his own stuff while I'm on this diet. We used to take it in turns to cook anyway. And certainly don't let him upset you like that. Mind you, I'm more likely to shout and yell back then cry but that's just me :). And good on you for feeling hot in your jeans.

Down to 14st 6.8lb this morning, just 0.8lbs away from my 3 stone goal. Getting impatient now :)

Yes Lara , i certainly think that the bumps in the road of life are easier when you feel good about yourself , maybe he is feeling a bit threatened by you new confidence , so dont let it make you upset

and I would tell him to sort his own meals out if what you give him isnt good enough

well done bordersgirl , you certainly are getting there and your blog is one of the main things keeping me going at the moment so i hope you dont mind me gate crashing it but reading you getting stuck but sticking with it is really motivating me

I have lost only 1lb since sunday and im getting really annoyed about it , Im consuming 6 to 700 calories per day so i really dont know what is going on , having said that i did lose 8lb last week so is this just my body readjusting or am i destined to never get below 11st 8 becasue this is where i at stuck before and gave up ,....help !!

Ha ha Phoenix, it was you who told me that it was impossible not to eat so little and lose weight when I got 'stuck' last time and here I am doing it for you :). I do think the body readjusts itself as you move to a lower weight. I think that's what mine was doing when it was giving me crappy losses anyway :). Some people say that fat cells have 'memory' and fill with water rather than shrink like you want them to so it might be that, but they can't hold on forever, resistance is futile :). You just have to not let the slow losses get to you because if you do and you start to stray you definitely won't lose the weight. The main thing is that you are losing and staying on track. Things will pick up but it might not be this week, or even next (my slow period took 2 weeks to sort itself out). If you cave though you will just feel rubbish about it later. Keep your eye firmly on your Xmas goal and you will get there. I don't believe that anyone is 'stuck' at a particular weight even though that's what we might think at the time.

I'd love to lose 3.5 pounds every week to give me a stone a month but realistically that's not going to happen so we just have to enjoy the ride when we get the good losses and tough it out when we're not. I'm enjoying the ride at the moment and feeling quite motivated. I can now see my Xmas goal of 4 stone firmly in sight. I've still got a long way to go though. I tried my old sports bra on yesterday - the one I had when I slimmed down before, and I was at least 3 inches away from even getting it done up :). If I'm gonna exercise in the meantime a new one may have to be on the cards! :). I've got some gorgeous bras from when I slimmed down before and didn't feel like I had to buy granny underwear. Can't wait to wear them again :).

I was reading about a new drug called adipotide that they are developing that destroys fat cells. Apparently in trials overweight (couch potato) monkeys lost 11% of their body weight in a month. The difference between this one and other slimming drugs is that it works on the body and not the brain. It's not likely to be a miracle cure for obesity, and nor is it likely to be available for several years, but I thought it was interesting. For now we are all going to have to keep plugging away at the VLCD :)

BordersGirl said:
Moral of the story Lara - make him get his own food while you're on this diet :). My OH has to get his own stuff while I'm on this diet. We used to take it in turns to cook anyway. And certainly don't let him upset you like that. Mind you, I'm more likely to shout and yell back then cry but that's just me :). And good on you for feeling hot in your jeans.

Down to 14st 6.8lb this morning, just 0.8lbs away from my 3 stone goal. Getting impatient now :)

Hehe I should take a leaf out of your book! Thing is he pretty much doesn't bother eating unless I do something! He is pretty slim n buys rubbish food outside unless I cook but from now on I am not gonna bother much, I'll let him sort himself out. I cry when get really frustrated I never cry in any other situations in life but when I argue wit him n I hate it as I look like a weak lil kid!! Anyway he said sorry today but I'm not too bothered I'm jus focusing on the diet :)

Well done on your loss! Are you going to reward yourself for the three stone goal? I think you should and hopefully that should keep spurring that enthusiasm on xxx

phoenix2010 said:
Yes Lara , i certainly think that the bumps in the road of life are easier when you feel good about yourself , maybe he is feeling a bit threatened by you new confidence , so dont let it make you upset

and I would tell him to sort his own meals out if what you give him isnt good enough

well done bordersgirl , you certainly are getting there and your blog is one of the main things keeping me going at the moment so i hope you dont mind me gate crashing it but reading you getting stuck but sticking with it is really motivating me

I have lost only 1lb since sunday and im getting really annoyed about it , Im consuming 6 to 700 calories per day so i really dont know what is going on , having said that i did lose 8lb last week so is this just my body readjusting or am i destined to never get below 11st 8 becasue this is where i at stuck before and gave up ,....help !!

Thanks Phoenix yes I'm not letting it get to me. There's something about not eating that makes u reflect on your life from food intake to relationships with people to social life etc. this really could potentially be a very life changing plan if we truly reflect and adapt our lives positively in terms of eating habits and perhaps more! If you look at it like a change in that way then losing 9lbs in 2 weeks is part of an amazing transformation! I would only be concerned if next week reflected a very low loss too- our bodies are definately burning fat every single day - don't forget that - if the scales don't reflect it there are a host of reasons why but the fat IS going! X

I don't think I'm going to have a 3 stone reward (didn't think about it actually) but I might treat myself if I hit 4 stone by Xmas. More jewellery sounds like a good plan :).

Good idea , you cant eat jewellery , unless its a sweet necklace lol

thanks ladies i know you are both right ,and i know that its impossible not to burn fat on 700 calories a day , its just hard to remember that when the blooming scales hardly move , just needed a reminder !

i am definitely not going to let this stop me though im staying on track no matter what and actually its not that difficult now ive got my plan sorted out , beats 3 shakes a day anyway

I worked out what my 200g salad was in calories and its only about 40 or 50 , so im not cutting that out , not worth it for the difference it would make

Made it to my 3 stone goal this morning. 14st 6.0lbs which is exactly halfway. Happy, happy, happy. Still a long way to go but I'm enjoying the milestone today :)

Hurray !!!

Thanks! I'm mega happy today as I seemed to be sticking the wrong side of 14.5 stone for ages. OK, so it was only actually 3 weeks but that seems a loooonnng time when you're eating bloody nothing :). Feel really optimistic that I will hit my 4 stone goal by Xmas now (until the curse of the STS club strikes ;)).

Lovely sunny day, I'm in a sunny mood, and about to hit the beach for a walk with the OH and the dogs. Life is good :)

Celebrated my 3 stone loss tonight so I had (drum roll .........) the allowed vegetables! :D

He he well done n your reward was better - ive made it to my final 1stone left to lose but I had a bar n I'd already had 2 shakes n a cottage pie n a porridge so that's 5 items oops!!!!

Congrats on ur loss :-;

You'll have to pretend you're a bloke - they're allowed 5 :)

Haha, yes I will go with that gladly! I'm gonna force myself to bed soon I am having first really weak day in terms of resistance n I think it's cos I lost weight I always get to thinking ahh I am fine now but I'm not finished! Must push on!

Eek now had a small bowl of broccoli too!! First thing other than packs I've eaten in 23 days! Going to lock myself in my room now no more!!!

WI this morning. Down to 14st 5lbs exactly, a 3.6lb loss this week so I'm really pleased with that. TOTM now so I expect it to be horribly slow the next couple of weeks but we shall see.

Back