Total Solution My shiny diary

Hi Littleone

I just read your diary you seem to be doing really well :) well done on the loss so far.
I noticed you said you are looking after your mum, how is she? My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer last Thursday.
Where are you off on hols?
Wishing you lots of luck with the diet and wishing your mum well with her treatment, hope she is doing well x

Thank you!

Yeah, my mum was diagnosed just before Easter with breast cancer. She's having chemo and struggling with it but they say if she has too many side effects it's ok to go back to a different chemo drug she was on (with less side effects). My mum is quite an upbeat character normally (the most upbeat person I know!) so it's hard to see her weak and ill.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. I hope that the outlook is good for her and that any treatments do their job. If you ever want to talk about any of it or about anything else, please do get in touch. :)

I'm not going on holiday this year, can't afford it. Did I mention that I was? Oops! I might have been talking about the summer hols from college... which are not very summery! It's pouring rain outside.

I'm a bit competitive and a friend from college is losing weight. This is really bad but I probably won't see her til college in September and I want to look my best then. This has really spurred me on. :D

Littleone said:
Thank you!

Yeah, my mum was diagnosed just before Easter with breast cancer. She's having chemo and struggling with it but they say if she has too many side effects it's ok to go back to a different chemo drug she was on (with less side effects). My mum is quite an upbeat character normally (the most upbeat person I know!) so it's hard to see her weak and ill.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. I hope that the outlook is good for her and that any treatments do their job. If you ever want to talk about any of it or about anything else, please do get in touch. :)

I'm not going on holiday this year, can't afford it. Did I mention that I was? Oops! I might have been talking about the summer hols from college... which are not very summery! It's pouring rain outside.

I'm a bit competitive and a friend from college is losing weight. This is really bad but I probably won't see her til college in September and I want to look my best then. This has really spurred me on. :D

Thanks Littleone I would really like that it would be great to talk to someone who is in a similar boat :) they think mum will have to have chemotherapy she def has to have the radiotherapy as she is having a lumpectomy on Monday, we should know soon. Why did they change her drugs? Hope they can make it a bit easier for her.

Ahhh yeah that might have been it :) yeah I'm back at uni/work in October hoping to be a skinny mini by then so completely understand ;)

I'm not much of an expert on cancer but I hope your mum's lumpectomy goes ok. How are her doctors and nurses? Do they look after her well? How is she (and how are you) coping?

My mum hasn't had any radiotherapy but my auntie had thyroid cancer and had it. She tells a funny story of being in a hospital in Thailand and having the treatment. She had to be isolated and was left alone when she saw a huge spider/snake (can't remember which) in her room, argh! There was no one around to help her and she couldn't get out of the room! And I can't remember the ending to the story but she's nice and well now - and living in England. ;)

I don't know exactly why my mum is on a different chemo drug - I think just because it is stronger, fights the cancer a bit more aggressively. She is due a mastectomy in Sept which is a scary thought for her. :cry:

I bought some Coke Zero today for a treat, I hope it doesn't put me off drinking water.

Cooked my dad some tea today (spaghetti carbonara from scratch) which was fine, no temptations. My only problem was I couldn't taste any of it (of course) so I had no idea if what I was giving him was any good. It was a new recipe to me too.

What day am I on now? 12?? No clue! Anyway.. stayed at 100%.

Littleone said:
I'm not much of an expert on cancer but I hope your mum's lumpectomy goes ok. How are her doctors and nurses? Do they look after her well? How is she (and how are you) coping?

My mum hasn't had any radiotherapy but my auntie had thyroid cancer and had it. She tells a funny story of being in a hospital in Thailand and having the treatment. She had to be isolated and was left alone when she saw a huge spider/snake (can't remember which) in her room, argh! There was no one around to help her and she couldn't get out of the room! And I can't remember the ending to the story but she's nice and well now - and living in England. ;)

I don't know exactly why my mum is on a different chemo drug - I think just because it is stronger, fights the cancer a bit more aggressively. She is due a mastectomy in Sept which is a scary thought for her. :cry:

I bought some Coke Zero today for a treat, I hope it doesn't put me off drinking water.

Cooked my dad some tea today (spaghetti carbonara from scratch) which was fine, no temptations. My only problem was I couldn't taste any of it (of course) so I had no idea if what I was giving him was any good. It was a new recipe to me too.

What day am I on now? 12?? No clue! Anyway.. stayed at 100%.

They won't tell us anything really at the moment which is worrying have to wait until they have the next results so another 2 weeks wait, sorry to highjack your diary x
We're struggling with the lack of information, hard not to think the worst :(
Omg how scary :O bet that was scary!!! Poor thing. Can she laugh about it yet? Lol bet she didn't laugh at the time :) at least my mum won't have to deal with the spiders :)
Sorry about the mastectomy must be hard for her :(

Mmmmmmmmm carbonara :p mmmmm *dribble* well done on not tasting it :)
Sorry again for the diary hijack, really glad the diet is going well for you :) x
Thanks ;)

I can imagine that must be horrible and very scary, especially waiting for so long not knowing anything. Really hope that the results are good. If either of you need extra support there are charities, both local and national, to help out in a variety of ways but then you probably know that.

The incident with my auntie always provides a lot of giggles and yes, she can laugh about it now too thank God!

Don't worry at all about hijacking my diary, it's absolutely fine! No worries.

Well done on how much weight you have lost so far. :)

Littleone said:
I can imagine that must be horrible and very scary, especially waiting for so long not knowing anything. Really hope that the results are good. If either of you need extra support there are charities, both local and national, to help out in a variety of ways but then you probably know that.

The incident with my auntie always provides a lot of giggles and yes, she can laugh about it now too thank God!

Don't worry at all about hijacking my diary, it's absolutely fine! No worries.

Well done on how much weight you have lost so far. :)

Thanks got a bit to go yet but getting there :)

Hehe. :) Well I think people would say I'm a bit weird all round! (in a nice way)

Gosh I can't believe it's coming round so quickly - tomorrow I will be hopping on the scales for my week 2 weigh in, wow. Somehow though, 'hopping' isn't quite the right word!

I was dead excited first time round but I'm a bit scared this time that I'm going to expect too much and be disappointed.

It's all still going ok. I cooked again last night for the family. It looked delicious! (salmon with loads of roast veg and potatoes) I went a bit mad with ingredients actually but it was fun and I just decided tasting it wasn't an option.

Today I have to go into town for a rehearsal and won't be back til late. Was planning to be there all day but thought I'd be much too tired so instead I'm cosy at home. :)

Littleone said:
Hehe. :) Well I think people would say I'm a bit weird all round! (in a nice way)

Gosh I can't believe it's coming round so quickly - tomorrow I will be hopping on the scales for my week 2 weigh in, wow. Somehow though, 'hopping' isn't quite the right word!

I was dead excited first time round but I'm a bit scared this time that I'm going to expect too much and be disappointed.

It's all still going ok. I cooked again last night for the family. It looked delicious! (salmon with loads of roast veg and potatoes) I went a bit mad with ingredients actually but it was fun and I just decided tasting it wasn't an option.

Today I have to go into town for a rehearsal and won't be back til late. Was planning to be there all day but thought I'd be much too tired so instead I'm cosy at home. :)

Oh good luck with the WI week 2 can be lower after the big first week but hopefully it will be a good one :)
Well done on the cooking does sound yummy :)

Hi Littleone, good luck with your next WI. You have been doing so well and staying so strong so I am sure you will get a great result.

:wavey: x

Aw thank you for all the support!

Happy to report: 4lb lost! Not too bad, eh? :D :D

So I'm at dead on 11st 0. I can smell the 10s now... I'm creeping up on them, I wonder if they can smell me coming?? ;)

Littleone said:
Aw thank you for all the support!

Happy to report: 4lb lost! Not too bad, eh? :D :D

So I'm at dead on 11st 0. I can smell the 10s now... I'm creeping up on them, I wonder if they can smell me coming?? ;)

Wow!! Yayy eel done great news :D I am so jealous would love to be so close to the 10s x really well done x

Thank you both!

Just been thinking ahead and me and my sister are due to go on a day out this weekend sometime. I think I might try add a meal that night just for one night. I'll be able to choose a restaurant in advance and look it up beforehand, and then I can make sure I choose something low carb, and low calorie.

I don't think it will be too difficult afterwards but we will have to see and I will have to be prepared. That's what I'm thinking anyway. :) Does it sound ok?

How is everyone doing?

Littleone said:
Thank you both!

Just been thinking ahead and me and my sister are due to go on a day out this weekend sometime. I think I might try add a meal that night just for one night. I'll be able to choose a restaurant in advance and look it up beforehand, and then I can make sure I choose something low carb, and low calorie.

I don't think it will be too difficult afterwards but we will have to see and I will have to be prepared. That's what I'm thinking anyway. :) Does it sound ok?

How is everyone doing?

Yeah sounds ok to me some people find they go off track when they introduce foods others are fine, only you know :)
Not too bad here at my mum's as she just had her lumpectomy so helping her with stuff :)

Yeah, you're right, I'll have to be careful. I know there are some social situations I just can't avoid.

How is your mum after the lumpectomy? Mine is doing a little better than before. She was out in the garden cutting down a tree yesterday, with a big purple bike helmet on to protect her!

Does anybody know why on earth I am up so early, lol??:confused::confused:

Well actually I do! My boyfriend's staying over and we're both in my teeny tiny bed, and he's 6 foot and big and manly so I got pushed out, lol, and here I am downstairs in my PJs drinking the endless water.:rolleyes:

Back