My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Hmmm what size are you currently? I found the best thing was to get the measurements of what size I was then, and I settled for one that was within a reachable limit. The prob with ordering far too small is the pressure of slimming into it, and the possibility of not doing it, that's why I chose two sizes smaller in the dress rather than a size 10 or something lol But, that being said, ordering too big makes it harder to alter when you are far smaller. I know the seamstresses are good, but I didn't fancy it being lots bigger and them pulling it apart too much! It's really down to you, but if you are determined and are sure you can lose a certain amount it wouldn't hurt to go for a couple of sizes down. Best to talk with the store owner/seamstress. x

Thanks for your advice Tara. I measured an 18 up top and an 18-20 down low when I was in the dress shop so she ordered the dress in a 29. My goal is 76kgs which will put me at about a size 14ish. So perhaps I should contact them.

Love the story of how you chose your dress Tara and I agree with everyone here, you will get to your size 14 goal for sure. You have heaps of time and there's no way, with your determination and S & S that you won't get there. You'll do it and then some (have some pretty decorated pins for hitching in the loose bits, just in case)!

Thanks for your advice Tara. I measured an 18 up top and an 18-20 down low when I was in the dress shop so she ordered the dress in a 29. My goal is 76kgs which will put me at about a size 14ish. So perhaps I should contact them.

Not meaning to freak you out Kirst but there's NO WAY you'll need a size 20 by August. Go see her as soon as you get home and consider what size you'll be in another couple of stone. You will do this at this rate, even though things slow down, I'm losing about 3lbs+ per week (I can't equate weight with dress sizes in my head, but a wedding dress expert will do this in her sleep). Plus you are tall, so you'll be slimmer, sooner, if any of that makes sense! xx

Fab advice Giza will do that- thanks babe xxxx

Hey everyone,

It's been a good day today, day 20 nearly over. I had caramel shake for breakfast, lemon bar for dins, oatmeal at my mums and just having chilli and mushrooms now, well the mushrooms are steaming at the min. I am sat infront of the fire, freezing!

I didn't have too bad a headache today, drank loads of water and it's gone now. I am finding it really quite easy now, even though the scales weren't moving this week. I just have my goal in mind and I think, now 3 weeks is nearly over, that I know now I can get there. I am not seting myself a ridiculous goal, like 'I wanna be a size 8 by June, just want couple of dress sizes of, lose the 'curves' that shouldn't be there, and fit nicely into my gown.

Kirsty, I really think you should order another size, is it lace up? as this is always a bit of an extra safety net whether you are just above the size or below a size of the dress. xx

Yep it's lace up, I'm thinking I should call her and change it to a 16 that way it should be easier to alter either way. Glad your headache has gone and well done for coming toward the end of day 20 xxx

Yeah a 16 is good, that way you have a good motivation to keep going, and the added bonus of a size that isn't too hard to pull out or take in if you need it. xx

Kirst, yes you definitely need to change that dress size! Do what Tara has done and go for a sensible size but one that needs to bit of commitment to lose the weight to keep you focused and on track.

Totally agree re the dress!! Tara I'm sorry you keep having headaches.... Could be pmt related or stress like u say. I haven't had any since the first week so don't think it'll be related to the diet. You're doing the right thing staying hydrated. Xxx

I know day 21 yay!!!! Never ever thought I would last this long, and it's quite easy now really!

Got up early despite it being my day off. Got all the housework done, so now I am just going to chill for the rest of the day, another inch off my waist today and the scales have moved but will wait until weigh in tomorrow to announce! I couln't stay off them lol Just had oatmeal for breakfast.

Thanks for your advice about the dress ladies. Tara, I have been suffering from thick heads since I started, not sure if it's anything to do with the amount of water I am drinking (around 3 litres) perhaps our bodies are still adjusting to the diet. You're so good doing all your housework already. I crawled out of bed at 7am, weighed, then crawled back into bed and now it's 1pm! Oops! Have a great day and good luck tomorrow on the official day :) xx

Well did the old stand infront of the mirror in underwear thing this morning. I do this every now and then to see if I've changed much, I can certainly tell now. My stomach is alot smaller and looks firmer! Didn't expect that really! Also my back is looking better and my arms are smaller! Yay! I hate my arms and I am so happy that they are reducing! I did notice that they need some toning now though so hae to really get into that!

Keep finding myself daydreaming about the wedding and honeymoon! It's all starting to feel real! I am going to take the girls to get dresses taken up in a couple of weeks time too, another thing to check off the list x

:-D :-D :-D you're going to look stunning and that lucky man of yours is going to sweep you off your feet and over that threshold :-D :-D :-D

Good luck for tomorrow's WI Tara! xx

Your mind is in a great place now Tara! I'm so happy for you. I have days of high energy now too, and days like CK mentioned when I feel like someone drained all my energy out overnight. A physio pal told me that chemically and physically our bodies are going through some major adjustments. Like I have had no headaches but intermittent lower back pain- nowt serious but noticeable. She told me it's cos of weight loss on the tum, the muscles are still stretched from the original fat that was there so the back is having to work harder. It helps to remind ourselves that these are fast fat losses. Hope the headaches clear for you hun! Blaze through week 4, you can do it!!!

Morning everyone, I've crawled out of bed early because we have lots to do today, also to weigh in. Hmmmm this week as been up and down all week, I think due to TOTM. Yesterday I was finally at -4lbs, but this morning back up 2 lbs! I don't understand it, but I am not going to obsess about it either, it's still -2lbs in the right direction and that other 2 will come off soon! So official weight loss this week is -2lbs. Happy with that, as it's a total of 1st 2.5lbs in 3 weeks. Into week 4 now and this marks half way to my birthday!

I have 3.5lbs to go to have lost 20lbs on one diet, I am gunning for that this week! Thanks everyone for your support, I had a down couple of days at the beginning of the week (PMS) but feeling fine now!

Back