My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Well done on the good attitude, I wish I was feeling so positive! About to take the baby to a gym class- when she wakes up!- so will be rolling on the floor etc. A nanny friend of mine takes her charge too and she's a naturally skinny person.... but very supportive of me, knows what I'm doing and always seems to ask the right questions so I'm looking forward to seeing her!

All the best for the day!

Hope you had a good day moosh! I've had a good day today, feeling fine. Took a Dr Pepper to work and that filled me up for most of the day! x

Hi Tara

I have just finished catching up on your diary and thought i would say it is very inspirational :0) your losses are fantastic and i only hope i can do as well and be as strong willed!!!

Thanks so much, it's really nice to hear that people find my diary interesting/inspiring! I can't wait to get to the end and look back over my time on s&s!

Morning all, 2 days to go until 4th week weigh in! eek

I weighed this morning, still same as yesterday but hopefully this means it's been a decent week! I got the tape measure out too and big changes there to! So fingers crossed all will stay the same for saturday and I will let you all know then!

xx

Also very proud of doing 26 full days of 100% Day 27 today, feeling good. Think this week's loss will be better than stupid week 3 with TOTM anyway!

On the downside, I saw something floating in the water at work yesterday from the cooler and it put me right off!! Had a glass this morning, but keep inspecting every glass for a good 30seconds before downing!

Well done Tara, hope I can stay as positive as you when I'm in week 4!
Nasty about the water cooler though, don't blame you. If only we could go off food so easily :p

Yay Tara where are the days going, crazy how fast it goes.

Glad the inches are going as that's the main thing that will enable you to get into your wedding dress :)))

Wish these diets were known to me when I got married. Was a long long time ago back in 93.

Anyway I'll defo be a slim bride if I get married again lol.

Bet your excited at trying the dress on I would be counting the days :)

Anyway keep up the good work and look forward to seeing your losses this week

Oh and Tara, I wanted to tell you I had an oatmeal cookie last night. You are my saviour, thanks for the idea! It was like eating a cake, loved it!! x

Thanks ladies!

Laura, glad you like the oatmeal cookie, but I can't take credit for it, someone else thought it up lol I just copied it and got hooked on it! haha Had a good day, had lemon bar about 11ish, spag bol about 3ish, just had chilli mushroom and broccoli for tea and planning my oatmeal cookie for later on.

Managed to drink lots of water still, prob not as much as normal to be honest. I've had a couple of glasses since getting in from work. So jsut one more day to go and then weigh in on saturday!

HI TaraTeal,

i know you have just about finished week 4,

just wondering how you are feeling in yourself?

im just in day 2 of week 4 and feeling a bit tired and uber cold all the time, i know it can be a side affect of ketosis so im not too worried....

hope you are still in the "zone"

Twink x

Hi Twinks,

I am feeling fine thanks yeah. I am cold all the time too, even got the heating on in my office and I never do that! Been wrapping up warm for bed!

I feel better than last week, I am having a few days at a time sts on the scales and it's a bit annoying but, the weight is coming off, so happy still.

Just had lemon bar about 11ish at work, had black tea in the morning to warm me up, didn't really like it, but it's a hot drink I guess! I have my caramel shake with me and spag bol, finish work at 7 so a long day! xx

Weigh in tomorrow can't wait to see what you have lost :)
Am gonna have to try the cookie for when i watch my programmes as i would usually have a cookie then lol.

Yeah I had mine late on last night, planning to do the same tonight too. Bought some more cinnamon to do it with, as I picked up a cheap one the other week and I couldn't bare the taste! It was almost salty! So I have got a new one and it's lovely and sweet!

I am going to have my spag bol soon as I am feeling hungry now. I have managed a fair bit of water today, despite the fear of the cooler having floating bits in it!!

Can't wait to finish work today, I am knackered out this week. It's been a nightmare week at work! x

Stressful day at work, we all have to re-apply for our jobs! Also just got home and OH has done nothing all day and left a sink full of pots and walked in with a massive chippy! The bread buns the lot! Sat there scoffing and the house smells of it now, just had my cinnamon cookie. So don't wanna eat anything. But he's starting to p*** me off quite frankly. Hes more overweight than I am. But is 6ft3 and seems to think this gives him free reign to eat lot's of junk!

It's bugging me because he's so unhealthy and keeps eating junk, he's gained 3 stone in 2 years and it's just bugging me. I don't know what to say to him, he's meant to be shedding the pounds for the wedding too, but doesn't look like it, we have 15 weeks until we marry! Sorry for going on, but it's very frustrating!

Oh dear how crap of him, I know people like that <looks knowingly at ex-boss> good job you got all us nutters for support! And my bf lost a lot of weight before I met him, he was always 'are you sure you should eat that' then rock up with a huge pizza each! Oh well, live in different countries now AND he doesn't know I'm dieting haha.

Well done on being good and having the cookie, I know I hate it when I walk past people with chips and I want!

Good luck with the job and everything, never had to re-apply but last time I lost weight I ended losing my job- I was a live-in nanny so my home too! Bad times. Hope it goes better for you- whatever you do, don't panic and move to France! lol

Sorry about the job thing Tara - I've had to do that several times and it's not nice, and it's always an excuse where I work to downsize the team. Hopefully you will wow them with your application :).

I totally understand where you're coming from with the OH. Mine had 2 years off to build the house we're now living in when we moved to Scotland but he's supposed to be finding another job now. There aren't that many jobs around and I'm totally fine with that and that it might take him some time to get one but when I get in from work and the place looks like a tip and there are plenty of things that still need doing on the house that he never gets round to it pisses me off. One day I'm just going to explode I think!

Good to know I am not alone there then! I am confident I will get my job back but it's all been managed so terribly. In fact it hasn't been managed at all. To cut a long story short there are a few of us girls who took on the secretarial work because there was no one to do it. And theres a few others that won't touch the admin side of things and refuse to do it, so they just do reception, well we all get paid the same?! Us girls who are multi-skilled get nothing more than the others who don't do half as much. They are basically coming up with set jobs by description that we can re-apply for, only things is, there is no payscale still! So we all said well, lets all apply for main receptionist! Theres no incentive to take on the extra work! I am just going to start looking for a new job, honestly had it with this company now.

Well man bashing and redundancies aside!

I got on the scales this morning! Wow, I have made it to 15st 2lbs exactly, so -5lbs this week! Wasn't expecting that, right up until yesterday it was standing at -3lbs since mon. So lost the last two in a whoosh! I've drank much more water this week, last week was TOTM too. So my first four weeks over and I have lost a total of 1st 7.5 lbs! And a total of 2st 2lbs since before xmas!

I am so happy with this! Really happy that I have everyone on here supporting me! I am a little sad to see familiar faces aren't around now as some people have dropped out, but there are plenty of us left!

xx

Fantastic loss Tara. Hopefully you'll be in the 14s by this time next week xx

Wow Tara amazing loss well done :)

Fantastic well done! Hope you get a bloody amazing new job, I've worked for idiots and mental management systems before- nursery where the manager was the mum of the two assistant managers who were twins..... with another sister working there, a granddaughter, a step daughter and best mates.... grr wonder why I got demoted in favour of daughter's best friend who was unqualified! Glad I don't get the bullcrap as work alone now!

Back