My Story

alex85

Irregular Member
Well where to start. Last September I played in a tennis tournament and saw some pictures from the finals day.

3376e91a.jpg

6eabc7b2.jpg

Clearly I wasn't all that impressed at what I had done to myself during uni. So I looked at a few more pictures and realised that at 18.5 stone I was not in a good way! Even though I was fairly physically fit and played a lot of sport.

I was pretty large everywhere...

41c190f7.jpg

So I started running 5 miles a day, eating healthily and really going for it...

6 months later... (excuse the jokey holiday pictures but they tend to give a better idea of the weight loss).

6 stone down...

f7fa6cfa.jpg

2339d089.jpg

6dfe02b1.jpg

Now you are much more likely to see a smile on my face...

e05e139d.jpg

Cracking mate, well done and an excellent story, you must be over the moon.

Cheers Jim, pretty much trying to maintain the weight/look now but at the same time hit the gym and get rid of the excess flab.

Great reading other peoples stories, will try and dig out a few before/after/during pictures and add them to this thread as time allows.

Interestingly, my weight loss really didnt slow down when I changed from completely abstaining from fatty foods and alcohol to have one massive blow out each week (usually a saturday) and eating/drinking myself stupid.

Sorry i hate to be so blunt but WOW!! thats incredable. Well done you.. did you find that when you started exercising more, your weight was harder to shift? Im finding this at the moment, so was wondering if it a common theme amongst those of us who like to exercise a lot?

Thanks everyone, I think it's quite easy to get addicted to the congratulatory remarks too. That is one thing that made me keep going, the shock on peoples faces and their reactions when people who havent seen me for a few months see me again for the first time.

When I was bigger I really didnt look at myself as being so big, its only now when you make the comparison that you realise that I was actually quite large. Parents and close friends would comment that I was putting on weight but I just never saw it.

Some more before and after pics...

Before;
16bd1807.jpg

d040e74e.jpg

fcb85ddb.jpg

A few pics along the way;
161323dd.jpg

348b6538.jpg

A couple more from recently;
0ac0ebfe.jpg

24270b04.jpg

323deed1.jpg

In terms of doing it I literally ran 5 miles a day, every morning before breakfast. I then went to the gym after work. I used low carb/skinny protein drinks a fair amount, usually for lunch. Lots of fruit. Meat and veg in the evening and 2 pieces of brown toast in the morning.

I worked on the principle that I needed to take in a lot less calories than I was burning off, seemed simple logic to me, and seemed to work. I exercised whenever I got a spare moment. I am a keen tennis and badminton player and I played as much as i could.

Cheers Jim, pretty much trying to maintain the weight/look now but at the same time hit the gym and get rid of the excess flab.

Great reading other peoples stories, will try and dig out a few before/after/during pictures and add them to this thread as time allows.

Interestingly, my weight loss really didnt slow down when I changed from completely abstaining from fatty foods and alcohol to have one massive blow out each week (usually a saturday) and eating/drinking myself stupid.

That is interesting Alex, I had to be very strict when I started, it's different now I'm on maint, but back then I could blow it very easily.

Well done you !
Thank you for sharing your story and your piccies are great ! What a difference :) you must be so proud of yourself , and so you should be ! :D

That is interesting Alex, I had to be very strict when I started, it's different now I'm on maint, but back then I could blow it very easily.

I'm told that when you first start losing it is very easy to put it back on due to the fat cells still being present but 'empty' and that after a few months the body realises it doesn't need the empty cells or stores and they begin to disappear, which makes it harder to put the weight back on.

Thats a condensed version and how true it is I'm not sure.

I think that's probably right mate. I'm not going back there and that's for sure. :D

to be honest, u didnt look bad before you lost weight either!

somtimes thats a good things, makes you more determined to keep the weight off.

I don't think you have enough post yet Alex, you need 50 something.

Wow! You look hot! Like two different people. Congrat's on losing the weight.

Wow, you look amazing, actually you look like a completely different person. Well done, your pictures are incredible and such an inspiration. Such a massive achievement, you look absolutely brilliant. You really deserve the praise. Has life changed much for you since losing the weight?

[FONT=&quot]Well done bro, that is some serious results there. I found your pictures really motivating, I guess they resonated with me as I have a similar build, into sports .etc

You mind if I ask how tall you are? ha ha sorry, not being weird it's just I have a similar goal weight

Again congrats, great achievement[/FONT]

Back