My Strict Diet - Advice Please

ThomasW

Hi,

This week i started a strict diet to loose some weight in 2 weeks as i have a meeting and party to go to down London so i wanna lose a little before i go. Below is what i have had the past few days and would like to know if its bad for my health with what im doing and any advice please?

Monday: Vegetable Soup + 1 Slice Of Bread Around 20:00 - Had Some Grapes & An Apple Around 22:30.

Tuesday: Tomatoe Soup Around 20:00 - Had Some Grapes & An Apple Around 21:30.

Wednesday: Plain Boiled Rice With Garden Pea's With Nando's Peri Peri Sauce At 19:30 (Less Fat Than Whats In Soup + More Filling) - Grapes & An Apple Around 22:15.

I aim to keep this up till the 7th November. Can you let me know of anything i should be concerned about plus and health meals you could recomend. Oh and i have been drinking plenty fluids.

Thanks !

Is this ALL you eat??

tbh you probably wont lose that much with this diet.. as you arent getting the least amount of calories you need.. therefore your body goes into starvation mode, and hangs onto anything it gets..
x x

Jeez- how are you functioning?? Okay- you eat nothing before 8pm? One of the first 'rules' of 'dieting' is to eat a breakfast of SOME kind- this kickstarts your metabolism into actually working (burning fat) for the rest of the day. It also prevents cravings and the possibility of fainting because your blood sugar levels will be satisfied. I honestly don't know how you're still standing at 8pm...anyway...
From what I can see you have no protein in your diet- your muscles will start to waste away at this rate. You will lose weight eating the way you are, but it'll be because your body will have eaten itself trying to get the calories it needs to FUNCTION! Plus it'll all go back on immediately after you stop. BUt you really are putting yourself in danger eating like this? Either from collapse or from developing an ED?

Hi,

Ok i'll start having breakfast. So far today iv had 2 slice of toast with small tin of Baked Beans.

What would you gys suggest i have for my tea as im thinking of a nice Salad but not sure what to have it with.

Salad Sandwich ? lol

*thinks i may turn into a Rabbit*

That sounds incredibly bad for you. Youre only eating a tiny fraction of what your body needs and its missing out all the nutrients etc. You need something much more structured, youll either make yourself ill on that and if by some chance you did lose weight itll go back on the moment you start eating.

Okay, thats not bad. Try something like weetabix/porridge for breakfast (slow-burning energy), the baked beans with toast is a good lunch, and will keep you full until dinner. Try and include some protein with each meal- it'll prevent any more muscle breakdown. Have salad by all means- but include some chicken, tuna, kidney beans, or chickpeas to boost the energy content. If you crave snacks, then eat 4-5 smaller meals instead of 3 big ones- this'll keep your energy levels/blood sugar levels on an even keel & your metabolism burning. How much do you want to lose?

hi
if you want to do a vlcd why not try slimfast- at least you will know that you are getting the right nutrients. and it should make life a bit easier.
i would suggest lighterlife but it would take longer than 2 weeks to get yourself organised

ella
x

are you honestly being serious?? :eek:

everyone has a BMR (base metabolic rate) this is measured in calories, this is the MINIMUM your body requires everyday just to function alone. let alone with you moving around. ie breathing/blinking etc.

they are right when they say god knows how you are standing by 8pm

here are some tips...please dont starve yourself it really aint good, your body does go into starvation mode.

* ALWAYS eat breakfast ...make it as large as you can stomach. A good breakfast would be

:Dmusili/porridge with maybe some raisens/berries/crushed nuts or seeds.
:Dwholemeal toast with egg
:Domelette if you got time
:Dfruit with natural yoghurt
:Dbranflakes/weetabix topped with banana.

this should keep you full :)

lunch could be a sandwich ... a healthy option would be lean meat ...chicken :D...or tuna with salad. (you should always eat protien with carbs...it helps with the absorbtion)

dinner could consist of (try not to eat too many carbs late at night)

:Dchicken breast with salad
:Dtuna/salmon steak potatoes and veg
:Dvegetable omelette
etc etc

your body NEEDS carbs to function (complex carbs) ....your diet should consist of 60% carbs 30% protien and 10% fat (good fats) :hug99:

dont starve :wave_cry: its not good for you x

I can only echo totty.. brill post.. *claps hands*..

You must must must be eating and getting the vitamins you need..

In order to lose a lot of weight quickly is a vlcd.. but if you only want it for two weeks.. its a silly idea.. there isnt any other way to lose a lot quickly tbh.. and stay fit and healthy..

Look at recipes in the sw bit.. or the WW bit.. and i think there may be a calorie counting section on here..

any ideas as to what you want to do?

x x

thank you hun ;)

whats so important about the next few weeks?? whats the rush? :confused:

I can only echo totty.. brill post.. *claps hands*..

You must must must be eating and getting the vitamins you need..

In order to lose a lot of weight quickly is a vlcd.. but if you only want it for two weeks.. its a silly idea.. there isnt any other way to lose a lot quickly tbh.. and stay fit and healthy..

Look at recipes in the sw bit.. or the WW bit.. and i think there may be a calorie counting section on here..

any ideas as to what you want to do?

x x

Hi,

I will be sticking to a diet after the 2 weeks.

thank you hun ;)

whats so important about the next few weeks?? whats the rush? :confused:

Thank you for your post :)

I have a meeting down in London on 7th November so i wanna try and look good for it :)

aaaah.. if its a meeting a vlcd could be just for you.. i thought you might have been going on holiday or something where you would be eating.. a vlcd restricts your eating a lot.. it says a stone a month.. but i have seen people lose a lot more.. in my first week on a vlcd i lost 16lbs.. but it has to be stuck to 100%.. it isnt advisable coming off.. which is why if you were going on holiday or something and would be coming off.. it would be silly.. hehe.. sorry if i offended..

x x

Hey,

No problem, so where do i read about this vlcd thing telling me what i can and can not eat etc...?

Thank you for your support !

Back