My Strict Diet - Advice Please

popular VLCD's are the Camebridge diet, LigherLife for Men, and Lipotrim (though I don't know about LT).

I know about LLfM, as I'm on it, so check out their site;
Weight Loss Diets and Weight Loss Management Programme - LighterLife

it has all the info you need.
I think though, that you'll find you won't be able to get a VLCD started and lose lots in as little as 2 weeks - it took me almost 2.5 weeks just to get the forms signed by my Doc and meet my Councillor for the first time.

As far as i know, the only VLCD you can just "do" is Atkins, though of course there is massive debate as to how healthy that actually is for you anyway.

Hope that helps, and remember;
a 2 week goal is good, but wanting to change for the rest of you life is a much better goal :)

that diet sounds so unrealistic and not going to do body any good in long run

hypa, did you mean the OP's diet of so very little, or what I said you eat on LLfM?

EDIT: scratch that, I just noticed your on Cambridge, so I know you mean the OP's diet :)

popular VLCD's are the Camebridge diet, LigherLife for Men, and Lipotrim (though I don't know about LT).

I know about LLfM, as I'm on it, so check out their site;
Weight Loss Diets and Weight Loss Management Programme - LighterLife

it has all the info you need.
I think though, that you'll find you won't be able to get a VLCD started and lose lots in as little as 2 weeks - it took me almost 2.5 weeks just to get the forms signed by my Doc and meet my Councillor for the first time.

As far as i know, the only VLCD you can just "do" is Atkins, though of course there is massive debate as to how healthy that actually is for you anyway.

Hope that helps, and remember;
a 2 week goal is good, but wanting to change for the rest of you life is a much better goal :)

Hi,

How much does LighterLife cost as im thinking of joining :)

How much weight do you need to lose Thomas?

Well i think im 17stone 2 pound. Don't have the scales as they are in Spain at the moment until i buy some more.

I'm looking to go down to a 14/15 Stone.

But i wouldnt say im really overwiehgt or anything. I think most of the weight is because im just tall.

LighterLife is £66 per week, which to begin with sounds like a lot, but when you think that you wont be buying ANY food at all, a lot of people say they end up with more money at the end of a week, and they didn't realise just HOW much they were actually spending on food.

I should point out, that to qualify to do a VLCD, you have to have at least 3 stones to lose - and that's not in your opinion, thats based on your BMI, so there is no disputing it.
If your doctor says you are only 1.5 stone overweight, then thats that, you can't do it.

EDIT: Actually, on the LL website there is a BMI calculator, which will tell you if you are elegible to join the program :)

I would certainly suggest a VLCD as has already been mentioned.

Take a look at the Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet forums on here for more information or check out the websites (you've already got the Lighter Life one and Cambridge's is www.cambridge-diet.com)

Both diets will guarantee you full nutrition but with approx 600 cals per day, although you will need to sign up with a local group (LL) or counsellor (CD) in order to start one.

Good luck in your weightloss journey - just make it a safe one eh? :)

Well i think im 17stone 2 pound. Don't have the scales as they are in Spain at the moment until i buy some more.

I'm looking to go down to a 14/15 Stone.

But i wouldnt say im really overwiehgt or anything. I think most of the weight is because im just tall.[/quote

If you don't qualify for Ll you could try something like Slimming world or weightwatchers.... you'll probably be suprised at how much you can eat and lose weight at the same time :)

If your doctor says you are only 1.5 stone overweight, then thats that, you can't do it.

If you're thinking of the Cambridge Diet you would be eligible to do the sole source programme if you are at least 1 stone over BMI 25.

Both diets are excellent and work quickly and safely. Good luck! :)

LighterLife is £66 per week, which to begin with sounds like a lot, but when you think that you wont be buying ANY food at all, a lot of people say they end up with more money at the end of a week, and they didn't realise just HOW much they were actually spending on food.

I should point out, that to qualify to do a VLCD, you have to have at least 3 stones to lose - and that's not in your opinion, thats based on your BMI, so there is no disputing it.

EDIT: Actually, on the LL website there is a BMI calculator, which will tell you if you are elegible to join the program :)

Hi,

My BMI shows up as Orange as 29.45. I'm in the category as Over Weight and no Obese and says people with a BMI of 29+ are expected to lose 1 Stone A Month and has a Join button so im guessing that means i can apply??

EDIT: When you say i wont be buying at food at all, so they provide the food do they?

as you appear to be almost right on the limit, I think it would be down to the LLC you saw to be honest.
Mind you, they weigh you in all your clothing except shoes, so you'd probably find that they'd find you to be slightly over 30, so you'd be ok (if you're anything like me, my jeans and shirt alone must weigh in a good couple of pounds, if not more :p ).

By all means go for it, the worst they can say is no, and it doesn't cost anything until you are fully enrolled, so what have you got to lose?

Beside some extra weight, I mean :)

CD is like 40ish quid.. it does exactly the same as LL.. but its cheaper.. and apparantly the packs taste nicer.. i dont know.. ive never been on LL.. but there are a few CD counsellers.. namely summerskye who just posted who could tell you abotu it

x x

EDIT: When you say i wont be buying at food at all, so they provide the food do they?
Yes Tom, you get 4 packs a day (on LL anyway, not sure about CD that might be 3) which are either shakes or soups, your choice, and you have any combination of those packs at 4 a day, and at least 2 litres of water, which is free from your tap :) (well, maybe not free, but you get what I mean)

Personally, I have all shakes as I found the soups to be pretty nasty, but the shakes are lovely, I actully look forward to having them, and feel healthy at the same time, it's great!

but yes, you only have what they provide you with, and black tea or coffee; you can't have ANYTHING besides that - you can't suck mints, you can't chew gum, you can't take most medicines, I was even told that you shouldn't have any water that comes pre-bottled, like Evian, it should only be from-the-tap H20...if you do have anything besides what they give you, it won't work as well as it could, or might not at all depending on how badly you "cheat" (horrid word but one that's fitting from my POV)

The whole idea is that you are completely, 100% abstinant from food - the packs are only a way of giving you your 100% RDA of vitamins and minerals, with a handfull of cals to give you a little instant energy, the fact they taste nice is just a bonus.

Additonal: I think the difference between LL and CD is that in LL you get group sessions once a week with our LLC (LighterLife Coucillor) and between 6 and 11 other men. In these sessions you undergo CBT (cognative behavioural therapy) and TA (transactional analysis) to help you identify why you overeat, and "reprogram" your mind towards food by developing coping techniques for situations when food used to be the answer.

Last edited:
Yes Tom, you get 4 packs a day (on LL anyway, not sure about CD that might be 3) which are either shakes or soups, your choice, and you have any combination of those packs at 4 a day.

Personally, I have all shakes as I found the soups to be pretty nasty, but the shakes are lovely, I actully look forward to having them, and feel healthy at the same time, it's great!

but yes, you only have what they provide you with, and black tea or coffee; you can't have ANYTHING besides that - you can't suck mints, you can't chew gum, you can't take most medicines...if you do, it won't work as well as it could, or might not at all depending on how badly you "cheat" (horrid word but one that's fitting from my POV)

The whole idea is that you are completely, 100% abstinant from food - the packs are only a way of giving you your 100% RDA of vitamins and minerals, with a handfull of cals to give you a little instant energy, the fact they taste nice is just a bonus.

Additonal: I think the difference between LL and CD is that in LL you get group sessions once a week with our LLC (LighterLife Coucillor) and between 6 and 11 other men. In these sessions you undergo CBT (cognative behavioural therapy) and TA (transactional analysis) to help you identify why you overeat, and "reprogram" your mind towards food by developing coping techniques for situations when food used to be the answer.

Cool, but what if you dont drink tea or coffee? Orange squash ok?

doll.. all the info you could want is here on minimins.. on the main section. you will look at the list.. and theres loads of subsections.. you can click on "cambridge diet".. and look at all the stickies.. sam with Lighterlife..

Basically you get 4 packs a day (cos you're male).. and theres sweet ones.. "chocolate strawberry banana + about 10 more".. and bars.. which you can have from week three.. soups.. you can have straight away.. lots of flavours.. chicken .. veg.. chilli.. etc.. im just rushing this cos you can find all the info..

x x

sorry, I don't really know much about CD.

I think it's basically the same, soups, shakes and bars, and they might also do pre-made shakes as well (they have some weird name like "ketos" or something, can't remember)

I'm sure someone on the CD program will give you an answer tomorrow, it's a bit late now I guess for most people :p

Cool, but what if you dont drink tea or coffee? Orange squash ok?
You don't have to have tea or coffee, it's just toadd some variety.
and orange squash would be a BIG no-no, its full of natural sugars that would wreck your Ketosis or "fat buring" body state.

EDIT: Sorry Kitteh, didn't see your post up there :p
repeating information needlessly.... my god, the D.P.A. writers would kill me if they knew lol (a little ICT Techie/Geek joke there, sorry it just came out.....)

Water only! :)

Back