My SW diary, by Bess.

Well done Bess,

I'm so pleased and optimistic for you for this weeks weigh in :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Feel so much better, my tummy looks and feels a little thinner too. :)

B/L: Bacon, egg, low fat sausage, mushrooms, baked beans.

Nibbles: Salad, fruit. Apple and a banana.

S: Thai chicken and vegetable soup with vermicelli. Loads of veg in it and some quorn because someone ate most of the chicken...hmmm. Muller light.

2 x Red wine (12 syns) tiny Crunchie (4 syns) SW bar (Hex B). I syn over, oops.

Bike ride.
Morning Bess a yummy menu again.. can i ask how many syns are u allowed a day?

yay to feeling the difference in your tummy.. keep going

happy sunday x

So glad to hear you're feeling good Bess!! You're doing so well. xxxx

Looking good Bess, yay!!!

xxx

Morning Bess a yummy menu again.. can i ask how many syns are u allowed a day?

yay to feeling the difference in your tummy.. keep going

happy sunday x

It's between 5-15 Shanny. You can 'waste' ? them on wine or as I've just worked out, have a toated hot cross bun with butter for 4.5 syns....:drool: Shame I've only just looked that up! :rolleyes:
I think it's important to have them, not sure exactly why, but I expect it's probably better to stick around the 8-10.

Today's food:

B/L: spring onion, parmesan (this + I baby Bell = HexA) and mushroom omelette. 1 Muller light yog. Alpen light bar.

3 tiny bananas, 1 apple.

Friends coming for supper - the plan is, Roast chicken, lots of veg - carrots, cabbage, peas, nettles (yes I know, :rolleyes: but we love them!) Roast potatoes ( for 7 of us in 1 tablesp olive oil, (so 1 syn in my bit, or it could be 1/4 of my HexB). I'll make stuffing and if I have some will syn it. Thin gravy made with 1 teasp cornflour.
Rhubarb and ginger sweetened with Splenda and 0% greek yoghurt. 1 Red wine (6 syns).

2nd Alpen light bar.

Last edited:
Do you have your nettles like spinach? I have only ever had them as soup?

xxx

It's between 5-15 Shanny. You can 'waste' ? them on wine or as I've just worked out, have a toated hot cross bun with butter for 4.5 syns....:drool: Shame I've only just looked that up! :rolleyes:
I think it's important to have them, not sure exactly why, but I expect it's probably better to stick around the 8-10.

I think it's important to have them for a number of reasons but mostly (in my opinion) because it makes the plan sustainable. It means that there is nothing you 'can't' have (because it can be synned) which means that you shouldn't feel deprived and should be able to stick to the plan. In the longer term that means (no matter whether you are tortoise or hare) that you will continue to lose. For me that is THE most important thing. So, as much as I would have liked to be where I am 6 months ago after only 2 months on the plan, the sense of achievement is immense because I deserve to be where I am having worked really hard at it (you must have felt that on CD too) and I have made myself some great habits in the process. Fingers crossed that we will eventually get to our goals and be able to keep it off. Only time will tell !

Fingers crossed for you this week Bess :)

Gail x

I think syns teach you good habits about food too. They teach you that you WILL survive if you can't have that biscuit right there and then and that it will still taste just as good tomorrow or the day after. X

Do you have your nettles like spinach? I have only ever had them as soup?

xxx

Yes, like spinach as well. They tend to be a bit furry, which is odd but ok when you get used to them. Of course adding double cream solves that ...:copon:. I tried 0% greek yog and quark, :angel09: that was ok, nutmeg added too. Good in omelette as well if cooked first. x

B: Omelette with a little parmesan and fresh pineapple. Small rhubarb and ginger with quark.

L: Left over cold chicken, some veggies and a tiny bit of stuffing. Apple, 1 Alpen light.

2 Baby Bels light (HeA) Fish sticks.

S: (I had to take something to someone else's house to make for 5 that was quick) So another parmesan omelette, salad, bag of baked crisps (5 syns), Fat free rasberry yog and fresh raspberries.

1/2 a crunchie (5 syns), SW bar (Hex B), Hot choc drink. (2 syns)

A 12 syn, 8th 100% SW day.

Last edited:
B: Omelette with a little parmesan and fresh pineapple. Small rhubarb and ginger with quark.
Omelette with pineapple????? New one on me Bess :D
L: Left over cold chicken, some veggies and a tiny bit of stuffing. Apple, 1 Alpen light.

S: Chickpea, spicy tomato thing with pasta, (better get on and make it!) Muller light.
Spicy tomato thing........another new one on me Bess :8855:please enlarge xxx

Spicy tomato thing........another new one on me Bess :8855:please enlarge xxx

Well, the proper recipe is: gently dry fry some spicy smoked chorizo in a frying pan with some finely chopped onion and garlic until cooked, add a tin of cherry tomatoes, tomato puree, a sliced red pepper, a glass of red wine and a tin of chickpeas. Simmer for a while until it thickens. I add extra smoked paprika and passata if needs be. Serve with either good white pasta (al dente) stirred in, or cous cous. It's a really gutsy meal, good with a strong red wine.
I copped out, as I had to take a meal to cook somewhere else though!

Weigh in results: -3.5lbs! So pleased.

Today's food:

B; Pineapple, plums, apricots and an orange fruit salad.

L: Cous cous with red pepper, cucumber, ham, a pickled egg and apple balsamic vinegar.

2 New SW butterscotch bars.

S: Low fat sausage, potatoes, peas. 2 glasses of red wine. (12 syns)

Baked crisps (5 syns)=17syns. Oops! :eek:
Later - another 1/2 glass of wine and a hot choc drink (5 syns). 22 syns in all. Bad Bess. But I am not copping out of writing it ALL down.

Last edited:
YAY. Well done Bess. I'm not surprised you are pleased. That's fab. Here's to another good week *clinks glasses* !

Gail x

Wow, wow and thrice wow Bess. 3.5lbs is a fantastic result. Well done you.........thrilled for you :D

Do you add the red wine to the spicy tomato thingy or do you drink it whilst cooking the recipe?????? :D:D xx

Wow, wow and thrice wow Bess. 3.5lbs is a fantastic result. Well done you.........thrilled for you :D

Do you add the red wine to the spicy tomato thingy or do you drink it whilst cooking the recipe?????? :D:D xx

Pre-SW while cooking and in the sauce! I haven't made it since I started, but will have to alter bits and work out a syn count I think when I do.

Still grinning here! So relieved that I can/have done it! :D

B: Fresh pineapple. Omelette with low fat feta, 2 low fat sausages. Tiny squirt low sugar tomato sauce. (Syns 1?)

Snacks: 2 low fat sausages, cold.

L: Cous cous, fish sticks, low fat feta. Very late, grabbed on the run...(With breakfast's cheese that's all of HExA). SW bar (1/2 of HExB)

S: Made the chickpea thing. Used a piece of chunky bacon instead of chorizo - yummy. The red wine habit remained I'm afraid, one for me and one for the sauce so about 8 syns so far, but that's an over estimate I think. Rhubarb & ginger cooked in Splenda with fat free greek yog.

Small choc bar, one light bar (other 1/2 of HeXB) and a hot choc drink for later if needs be, that'll be 14 syns, will update later or tomorrow.

Yup, that's what I ate, felt very full and worried that I'd blown it, but I've checked and what I written in right. I think it was Jules (?) who said that SW isn't a 'diet' but a way of eating - I've been thinking about this a lot - I think it helps my thinking, ensuring I don't feel I am being deprived...(I don't).....ramble, ramble....

Last edited:
OMG - that's brilliant Bess! You are doing so well :)

I love chorizo and chickpeas so will try your dish tonight (as I have all the ingredients at home!) - looking forward to it already.

Have not been 100% so only managed 1 day :(. The children are at their Nanny & Grandad's so OH and I have reverted back to our pre-children stage going out for meals, staying up late sharing a bottle of wine whilst chatting away about nothing much etc. It's very nice but obviously not SW friendly. ;) Am back on track today and aim to stick to it as closely as I can this week without beating myself up over the odd slip. :)

Very well done Bess - you thoroughly deserved that excellent result!

The children are at their Nanny & Grandad's so OH and I have reverted back to our pre-children stage going out for meals, staying up late sharing a bottle of wine whilst chatting away about nothing much etc. It's very nice but obviously not SW friendly. ;)

Sounds so good though! I wonder if I can send a 26,21 and an 18 year old to stay with their grandparents for a while!!

Back