My SW diary, by Bess.

B: Bacon, egg, baked beans.

L: Out in a cafe - Mediterranean vegetables and pasta bake, salad, passed on the cheese topping, a few pine nuts on top. Seemed very SWy, allowed 5 syns? for some oil, think this is over generous.

S: Also out - Jacket potato, no butter, salmon, no bernaise sauce, peas.

SW bar - HeXB. Apple.

Last edited:
Morning Bess, you must post up a recipe of your chickpea thing.

I would love to see a recipe book written by you

Paella = Loads of rice with bits and bobs thrown inella

Curry = chicken in a spicy gravy number
:D:D

Hope you are well xxx

Chickpea thing recipe posted 2 days ago on here Chels - yummy! xx

I love chickpeas!!! Mmmm. Hope u have a great weekend Bess xxxx

Morning Bess looking good hunnie.. Such yummy recipes.!

Glad you are happy on this plan, keep going and have a lovely weekend too x

:). Sneaky peek says 13.9.......even allowing for the difference in mine and the SW scales that's 2 more lbs gone since Tuesday - I know I'm taking the SW ones next week as gospel, but it's still encouraging! Trousers feel looser......:)

Up stupidly early (4.30:eek:) Had a hot choc drink (2 syns), did some work, ate a very early breakfast of cottage cheese and banana (?!) at 5.30:rolleyes:.

10 o'clock B: Mushroom omelette.

Apple and a banana.

L: 4pm, oh dear. Left over chickpea/tomato thing with cottage cheese, banana, bar, (1/2 my HExB, or 3 syns, I'll decide later.) Hot choc drink (2 syns)

Fish sticks.

S: Brown rice and stir fry of peppers - all colours, mushrooms, mange tout, corn, garlic, onion, with sliced crispy chicken fillets.
Red wine (9 syns)

Apple.

Later - Probably Redbush tea and a choc bar (4 syns), or the second 1/2 bar of my HExB.

HeX A has been a little soya milk in the hot choc drinks.

Last edited:
That's brilliant Bess. I am feeling so encouraged by your success and the rest of the SW bunch... day three, and so far so good!

xxx

Saturday, 16/4/11.

My SW by proxy daughter has lost 12lbs now. :) She is so pleased, and is trying on clothes that were put away and now fit again!

B: Banana. Laughing cow triangle, small piece low fat feta. (HexA) Apple.

L: Chicken, bean and rice soup. Muller light yog.

2 x Red wine and a bag of baked crisps. (17 syns) Oops. No matter, good job I've 'noticed', it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the day pans out...

S: Homemade beef burgers, salsa, salad and jacket potatoes.

Plan to have SW bar (HexB) and tea or coffee later.

Last edited:
Your daughter is doing so well Bess, you must be a real help to her. A bit of mother/daughter frock shopping must be on the cards soon.

I love your menus........a bit of this and a bit of that (I wont say the rest lol) cottage cheese and a banana?!? Interesting :confused:

Still, what the heck, as long as your 'thingies' are doing the job, that's what matters. :D

Enjoy the rest of your day xxx

Thingies?
I love cheese and bananas Chels :D. But you have to realise I'm being absolutely honest about what I eat and sometimes, when I'm hungry but in a rush/can't be bothered - I just go between the pantry and the fridge and nibble...but at least by recording it here I'm 'nibbling' good stuff.

Go on, be adventurous - try cottage cheese and sliced banana, it's lovely. But it also needs a few grinds of black pepper!

Then there's apple and cheese, apple pie and cheese, fruitcake and cheese. Think that's a Northern thing? x

Evening Bess big well done to your Daughter which plan does she follow??

Hope u are well and carry on with the fab work x

Think it's just a cheese thing... ;o)

xxx

Oooh Bess have you tried cheese and marmalade on toast? I think it's a Swedish thing but it's so nice. Banana and cheese on toast is also lovely although I tend to skip the cheese and just have banana on toast with a scraping of salted butter!

I just love sweet and savoury mixes! There's this recipe for chocolate fridge cake with salted peanuts.....:sigh:;)

Evening Bess big well done to your Daughter which plan does she follow??

Hope u are well and carry on with the fab work x

Thanks Shanny, my daughter is following SW with me, not going to class, she's just using my books and everything and getting on with it. She's far more self diciplined than her mother!

Alli, I love marmalade - I'll try that later, when I can be trusted with toast and marmalade again! Keep that recipe in mind for the summer, with a bit of luck I could have some for my birthday! xx

Ohhh Alli, fridge cake and salted peanuts... sigh! Sounds fantastic. (4 million syns, I hear...)

xxx

Ooooh, I love those kind of combinations. I love cottage cheese and honey or golden syrup. Sadly I loved it with butter on toasted solid/heavy wholemeal/grain bread but I might try it with ryvita.

So, I understand completely Bess !!!

Gail x

P.S. Well done on your daughters SW progress - that's great :)

Ooooh, I love those kind of combinations. I love cottage cheese and honey or golden syrup. Sadly I loved it with butter on toasted solid/heavy wholemeal/grain bread but I might try it with ryvita.

So, I understand completely Bess !!!

Gail x

P.S. Well done on your daughters SW progress - that's great :)

Gail have you ever had 'Thunder and Lightning?' There'a a cafe which sells it in Leominster. It's a toasted thick slice of good white bread, spread with double cream and drizzled with syrup! :eek:
Just as well I only ever had one! x

B: Banana, 1/2 grapefruit.

Light cheese triangle, cold chicken, Muller light, gherkins, SW bar (1/2 HexB).....got the munchies, probably becuase I didn't have much breakfast.

L: Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, baked beans. SW bar (1/2 HexB).

Truly fed up. Not done anything I wanted to do today, spent all day trying to get a very sick calf to feed, then DD found a rat's nest in the tack box. Grrrr. So big bonfire and me cleaning tons of tack.........still. With a glass of red wine - no make that 2 and a bag of baked crisps to help. (17 Syns) hmm.....I'll just have 1/2 a glass of wine (14 syns instead). Mind you, could be worse. I'm doing it on a table outside watching the cows and calves in the evening sunshine, on the lookout for the swallows who are late. Usually they come on the 16th, I'll have a thing or two to say to them when they turn up, only 3,500 miles from Africa -what are they messing at?!

S: Will be - Roast pork, no fat or crackling, apple sauce (splenda), roast potatoes, cabbage, carrots.
Oh dear, supper was as above but I did have crackling and another glass of wine. I think about 28 syns altogether. Well I'm not going to panic or get depressed at being so daft. I'll just be very careful tomorrow. Only 2 syns to use there, I can do that.

Last edited:
MMMMMMM. Ha ha ha !

Forgot to mention I also love baked beans and cottage cheese (which maybe isn't quite so weird ???!)

Gail x

Back