Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Good morning Darcy,

Here's to another month of this madness!!! :D:D:D

I'm lying in bed, listening to the rain hopping of my rooflights and am wondering what I can do differently that will boost my meagre weight loss??? I had a STS last week, which, allowing for everything, wasn't too bad. However, I feel that I need to do something more... I have decided to join a Leisure Centre, probably the same one as my son attends, but the snob in me wants to join Druids Glen for the opulence, exclusivity & pampering the latter offers.I can't decide whether to join my son, to be seen by him as supporting his efforts or that it's "his thing" with his mates, and that I'd be encroaching on his territory...decisions, decisions

I am also planning a further break from the demon drink. I know we have a couple of formal family events this month, and if I can limit my drinking to them, that would surely help. I'm prepared to give Exante one last effort before I consider moving across to the Dark Side (S & S)

Right, gotta go here.

Happy pound shedding one and all,

Conor x

Do it move to S & S, it is much easier to stick to and doesn't play the same games with your head, you can have a "dinner" in the evenings and the results are in my case better than Exante

I would opt for the exclusive option that way you won't be in danger of showing your boy up as you beat him on the treadmill :p

Good morning Conor, I'm with Nurse Ali on this. But purely because the words opulence, exclusivity & pampering sound oh so inviting and attractive :D

Have a fab day :hug99: xx

Hi ladies, just catching up. I am delighted to see you agree with me, exercise has its rewards, like lolling around in the Jacuzzi, Steam Room & Sauna. Plus it has classes, Zumba, boxercise, etc which I can attend without making a show of myself or my son & his friends. Maybe when I'm slimmer & fitter, then I could join/challange him, but for now,- I'll give him his space and go on to enjoy mine ;)
The crazy thing is we have a Home gym with A Tv & Hi fi unit, but its used as a glorified laundry room! Hopefully, when the boys see me using the equptment, they will join in.
Larnachwitch - I am sorely tempted to move, but I feel I haven't given Exante my best shot, however many more STS weeks and I will at least incorporate it as a hybrid measure... The best of both worlds.

When I see how steadfast you ladies have endured the Exante WS programme, I stand in awe!

More power to your collective elbows, ladies!

Best wishes,

Conor x

Hi ladies, well I have spent the evening visiting local Leisure Centres and there seems to be surprising little leisure involved. I saw a Zumba class, all ladies of course, and a cycle spinning class which looked equally vigorous. The most exclusive club have offered to throw in a 6 week intensive "one on one" programme for rapid weight loss, normally costing 125 Euro, combining both exercise and dietery advice. Of course I am well aware of the advice not to undertake vigorous exercise on Exante, so I plan to increase my consumption of K friendly veggies and proteins. Of course, I will also have to increase my water intake, but I want to see results and shed a couple of stone before my family holiday in August. Hopefully this will kick start the rapid weight loss that I have not been able to achieve to date and perhaps a more holistic approach will help. It certainly will help me de-stress with swimming, boxercise, sauna, steam room, plunge pool. It should be better than sitting in front of the telly...

Good plan, I wish I could afford a personal trainer if only to see his fit bod once a week ;)

Lol Nurse Ali! :D

Sounds like a good plan Conor, hope you see faster results :hug99: xx

Ah here ladies, STEADY ON!!!! By the way, the instructor I have in mind is fe-male :D:D:D Another incentive for me to turn up regularily, God help the poor woman!

Just popping in to say a quick hello :) Hope things are well with you.

The new gym sounds wonderful! You can't really beat the offer of a personal trainer of the opposite sex, combined with the benefits of the sauna/jaccuzi etc.
The personal trainer aspect will mean that you have someone to 'answer to' so I would imagine that'll give you increased motivation to attend when you might otherwise give it a miss. And the other 'spa' facilities will be a well deserved treat after all your hard work :) Sounds like a win-win situation all round!

Have you been for your induction yet? Or are you still deciding whether this is the one for you?
Good luck with it all...I'll look forward to reading about your progress :)

Hi Ladies, I haven't sucummed to the easy life just yet.. I have had a very enjoyable family Bank Holiday weekend. I had the privilege of watching my youngest son come third in an All Ireland Archery competition, and this afternoon, I saw him play his first game of golf at a local prestigious golf club. So all in all, it was a very satisfying week-end. I will update later on the battle of the bulge.

Have a lovely evening,

Conor

Last edited:
CelticTiger said:
Hi Ladies, I haven't sucummed to the easy life just yet.. I have had a very enjoyable family Bank Holiday weekend. I had the privilege of watching my youngest son come third in an All Ireland Archery competition, and this afternoon, I saw him play his first game of golf at a local prestigious golf club. So all in all, it was a very satisfying week-end. I will update later on the battle of the bulge.

Have a lovely evening,

Conor

Fantastic - proud daddy moments are priceless ....

Have a lovely evening,

Conor

Sounds like a perfect weekend! :hug99: xx

Proud Daddy moments indeed, Dawnybabes, definitely to be treasured.

At the other end of the spectrum, I spent the past two days getting my parents re-instated in their family home, along with a Live-in Carer and additional Home Help which will re-establish their independent living going forward. It seems like a dream come true for all concerned, so fingers crossed it will all work out for the best and that my family can get back paying full attention to our immediate families, confident in the knowledge that the folks are in excellent care.

I attended for a thorough Medical Examination, bloods, lung function test, ECG, the works and apart from the excess weight, I am in pretty good shape. Results should be back in a couple of weeks, but the nurse left me in no doubt that daily exercise and lifestyle changes are a must... so here goes. Thanks again for all your encouragement, support and good example on here. I will update later.

Regards,

Conor

Back