Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Hows your spongebob cup ?

Your're doing brilliantly ...

Hi dawnybabes, you are most welcome to my ramblings... Yes, I have that fine vessel on the table here beside me, full of cooling boiling water... Spongebob is my secret weapon in my battle of the Bulge! ;)

Hurling in Wicklow. Wow I love it the only problem is the OH is from KK so I'm sick of them winning maybe Wicklow can take over from them in a bit. Enjoying your thread well done & good luck on your journey. It's keeping me sane cos it's either Minimins or the LL & Minimins wins hands down.

CelticTiger said:
Would you not chance a glass of vino, Ali ? I thought I read on the list (sticky) that vino was allowed as well as spirits, but I don't care for spirits, so I plan to have the occasional glass of Merlot with my protein & veggies stir-frys.

Alcohol and keto in any form is a no-no. I'm on TS so it would make me very ill indeed. Don't miss it tbh :)

Hurling in Wicklow. Wow I love it the only problem is the OH is from KK so I'm sick of them winning maybe Wicklow can take over from them in a bit. Enjoying your thread well done & good luck on your journey. It's keeping me sane cos it's either Minimins or the LL & Minimins wins hands down.

Ah look, another little Exante warrior from the Emerald Isle... lovely that you dropped by. Yeah, my lad plays for Greystones, they cannot wait to hop off the Bray lads! The hurling should be interesting this year, I don't know if hubby will be wearing the KK jersey at the All Ireland Final in Croker this September...

Have you a thread on here? I'm almost finished Belle's thread now. Haven't watched the LL in ages, I cannot abide that smug git ;)

Alcohol and keto in any form is a no-no. I'm on TS so it would make me very ill indeed. Don't miss it tbh :)

Hi Ali,
I have an A4 sheet on the inside of a kitchen press door highlighting what is allowed and forbidden on this diet and it mentions that "Wine makes a nice ketotonic alcoholic drink as it only has between 1-6 grams of carbs per glass, the sweeter the wine, the greater the carbs..."

Have you a thread on here? I'm almost finished Belle's thread now. Haven't watched the LL in ages, I cannot abide that smug git ;)

Don't have a thread more of a lurker really never really feel that I've enough to say. My life if not much to report get up at 6, go to work, come home clean, lurk on here go to bed - repeat. Am a front line PS worker.I am a teacher. Despite what the government say, I am not hoarding some nest egg of cash accrued during the Celtic Tiger years like some of their peers. So life is a struggle at the moment. I am not one of these teachers that the media see fit to ridicule and castigate, on €115,000 pa. Rant over. This is why I do not have a thread. I'd just rant on so apologies for that.

Do not want KK in Croke Park this Sept. I'm from Meath so given what's going on here at the moment we won't be there either.

GothicLolita, you are welcome on here anytime. You should re-consider your view on starting a thread, you will hear from a wide variety of like minded souls who are experiencing the same weight loss struggles and anxieties that you are. My site name is slightly tongue in cheek, it refers to how hard I worked and invested for the past 30 years believing in our economy, our political leaders and believed I was making the necessary provision for my sons future. I have paid a very heavy personal price for buying into the dream. However, I am an eternal optimist, and I will not bow down to this doom & gloom. I prefer to see the glass half full, and believe that tomorrow will be a better day.

I had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning, they haven't moved in 3 days :( However, undaunted, I brought my boxer with me for a bracing 45 minutes walk in the Glen of the Downs forest this morning, so I am tucking into my first litre of water now before I get my day underway. Its another glorious sunny day here, long may it last. :)

Good morning Conor, love reading you as you always sound so positive, a happy person! :D

Keep it up, have another fab day :hug99: xx

Hi Darcy & Gigglepants, lovely of you ladies to drop by. And yes I do feel positive, I hopped on the dreaded scales this morning to reveal a 7lb loss this week. Thanks Exante and fellow Minis for making this possible.

Sadly, I have to head West to-morrow to my Godfathers funeral, so I may be MIA for a couple of days. He was a unique character so the funeral could be interesting....

Hi there, popped in to say hello and not to worry about the scales. My weight appears to fall off in 2 or 3 pound lumps at a time!

I have no idea why people say no alcohol in ketosis, there is absolutely no reason why you can't drink low carb drinks, but I think drinking on a VLCD could make you very drunk indeed and lead to a very bad head in the morning. That said, my hubs has been in ketosis for 6 years, he is a low carber (atkins style) and drinks vodka most weekends with no ill effects other than what you would normally expect. Probably it does weaken your resolve and make you more likely to go for the Tayto, Atkins himself said as much. That said, I had 8 large ones last Thursday, it didn't knock me out of ketosis and seems somehow to have given me a boost, even mentally I felt better.

It's like the urban myth about citric acid not being allowed, there is absolutely no evidence for that anywhere scientifically or otherwise, and atkins said to have a bit of lemon or lime juice each day even when in induction

Good morning Conor. Wow well done re' the 7lbs, fantastic!

Sorry about your godfather, hope it goes well and you relive lots of happy memories remembering him. :hug99: xx

Hi ladies, thanks for your good wishes & kind condolences. Just home after an interesting couple of days. It was sad to loose a character, his final act of defiance was to sign himself out of hospital to get home to watch the US Masters on TV!!! I hope I have the same moxy in my golden years... There's an expression in the West of Ireland that a funeral is better craic (fun) than a wedding, well this one certainly was. I met relatives that I hadn't seen for decades, laughed at dozens of funny incidents and got to carry his coffin to his last repose, golden memories... Don't know what the scales will make of it, but I'll wait until Monday to find out.

Hi there, popped in to say hello and not to worry about the scales. My weight appears to fall off in 2 or 3 pound lumps at a time!

I have no idea why people say no alcohol in ketosis, there is absolutely no reason why you can't drink low carb drinks, but I think drinking on a VLCD could make you very drunk indeed and lead to a very bad head in the morning. That said, my hubs has been in ketosis for 6 years, he is a low carber (atkins style) and drinks vodka most weekends with no ill effects other than what you would normally expect. Probably it does weaken your resolve and make you more likely to go for the Tayto, Atkins himself said as much. That said, I had 8 large ones last Thursday, it didn't knock me out of ketosis and seems somehow to have given me a boost, even mentally I felt better.

It's like the urban myth about citric acid not being allowed, there is absolutely no evidence for that anywhere scientifically or otherwise, and atkins said to have a bit of lemon or lime juice each day even when in induction

Good morning Lanarkwitch, thank you for popping in, you are most welcome any time. Thank you for your lengthy and valuable contribution. Very interesting about your hubby on Low Carb and still able to enjoy modest spirits intake. Likewise, you felt that your recent drinkies actually boosted your weight loss and the associated relaxation helped you mentally as well. I suspect that your hubbys success is due to the fact that he is still on regular food intake which helps absorb the alcohol, whereas someone on a strict VLCD such as TS Exante has no such buffer, so as you point out the alcohol would have a more immediate effect. I know there are stickies on the subject here. I printed off one such sheet with a list of what's allowed and what's not, and it indicated that spirits are allowed, even wine, however, the lagers & stout is not due to hi carb content. Interesting that your recent experience did not knock you out of ketosis. Thank you for this invaluable research, keep up the good work. ;)

Sorry to hear about your Godfather. Sounds like he had the send-off he deserved xx

Good morning Conor, just copied this from my own diary as I don't want you ordering a large pack of porridge, discovering you don't like it and blaming me!! :D
Thanks for visiting my diary, and thanks for the encouragement too. Truly helps add to my motivation and trying to succeed with this journey.

Have a fab one, take care :hug99: xx

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CelticTiger
Well done Giggles on hitting the milestone of loosing a stone. You're giving great advice on here. I will get the porridge with my next order, then I'll be on to you for the recipe for your cinnamon porridge ;)

Good morning Conor, I make the porridge with less water (just mix it until it resembles a thick paste) load it with cinnamon and then nuke it! :D

Originally I couldn't stand the porridge. I think the only reason I like it now is because made this way it's quite chewy, different! So my advice would be, don't order too many just in case :D Have a fab day :hug99: xx

Good morning Conor, just copied this from my own diary as I don't want you ordering a large pack of porridge, discovering you don't like it and blaming me!! :D
Thanks for visiting my diary, and thanks for the encouragement too. Truly helps add to my motivation and trying to succeed with this journey.

Have a fab one, take care :hug99: xx

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CelticTiger
Well done Giggles on hitting the milestone of loosing a stone. You're giving great advice on here. I will get the porridge with my next order, then I'll be on to you for the recipe for your cinnamon porridge ;)

Good morning Conor, I make the porridge with less water (just mix it until it resembles a thick paste) load it with cinnamon and then nuke it! :D

Originally I couldn't stand the porridge. I think the only reason I like it now is because made this way it's quite chewy, different! So my advice would be, don't order too many just in case :D Have a fab day :hug99: xx

Thanks Gigglepants, whatever way you're making it is certainly paying off for you. Thanks for taking the trouble to post your suggestion, its certainly worth a try. X

Back