My weight loss diary on Xenical! :)

Weighing in!!

I weighed myself about an hour ago, and I am a bit disappointed with the results :( I have lost 1.4lbs. I was hoping to lose about a pound more but mer, feel less motivated now. Is it normal to at 1st lose about 3 lbs every week and then lose less every week? I think it is but not sure.

I'm quite a positive person nearly everyday, but I have my bad days lol. Today has turned into 1 of them after weighing myself lol. But at least I didn't gain any weight :) That is surprising because of the week I have had!

I will be honest, I have had a bar of white chocolate...too much of a treat, I know that now lol! If I didn't eat that chocolate then I bet I would of lost more! So it's my own fault. It won't happen again!! :banghead: :booboo: :hide:

Altogether so far, I have lost 12 lbs :)

Last edited:
1.4lbs is great! It's exactly the sort of amount you should aim to lose to stand the best chance of keeping it off long-term. :) It's perfectly normal gor losses to vary, especially in women, and they will slow down. That's why I'd only weigh monthly, you'll get more accurate, smoothed out results that way. But I know you youngsters are too impatient to do that, lol (shuffles off muttering about the youth of today). ;)

Seriously though, don't beat yourself up, you're doing really well, and you certainly won't have messed it up by eating one bar of chocolate (unless it weighed a few pounds - did it??!!). Stay positive. xx

1.4lbs is great! It's exactly the sort of amount you should aim to lose to stand the best chance of keeping it off long-term. :) It's perfectly normal gor losses to vary, especially in women, and they will slow down. That's why I'd only weigh monthly, you'll get more accurate, smoothed out results that way. But I know you youngsters are too impatient to do that, lol (shuffles off muttering about the youth of today). ;)

Seriously though, don't beat yourself up, you're doing really well, and you certainly won't have messed it up by eating one bar of chocolate (unless it weighed a few pounds - did it??!!). Stay positive. xx

Thank you Tracy :) Haha yh I can be impatient sometimes lol. It was a 100g bar of Milkybar. I LOVE white chocolate!! Can't bloody wait until Christmas!!! :D :D

Thanks for all your help and support Tracy. I will stay as positive as I can.

100g of chocolate, 500ish calories, not disastrous by any means - but the Xenical may not, like it, lol. Having said that, I do occasionally treat myself to that size bar of dark choc without stopping taking the Xen and it's never been a problem. It's trial and error really. xx

Xenical was ok with it luckily lol. Just needed a treat. I have made a huge improvement from what I use to eat. I use to just go to Iceland and my food shopping would mostly be frozen food and really high fat ready meals or snacks. Now I eat chicken breast fillets, bananas, salads, rice, pasta, potatoes etc :) Whenever I even think about all the fat and carbs in the foods I use to eat, it just makes me feel horrible. But I only was eating like that because it was cheap and I didn't think I would be able to afford healthier things. It is still a struggle to afford healthy food though but I couldn't keep eating the way I use to. So I don't mind if I am hungry between meals. I just have to put up with it.

I hate dark chocolate lol. For me white is the best chocolate! Lol xx

well done, thats a great loss and its all any doctor should expect of you, and you have lost the 5% your doctor wanted you to lose :D

Weight loss will slow down its only natural that in the beginning you would lose more as you will have made drastic changes to your diet.

You need to live a little while doing this too, otherwise it will never work, you are never going to ever give up chocolate or other treats for good so why do it now?!! Nice to have a treat now and then :D

well done, thats a great loss and its all any doctor should expect of you, and you have lost the 5% your doctor wanted you to lose :D

Weight loss will slow down its only natural that in the beginning you would lose more as you will have made drastic changes to your diet.

You need to live a little while doing this too, otherwise it will never work, you are never going to ever give up chocolate or other treats for good so why do it now?!! Nice to have a treat now and then :D

Thank you Rach :D and yeay I have lost more than 5% of my body fat so far :) I can go long times without a treat or chocolate lol. I love it but I can live without it. I only have it like once a month, except Christmas obviously lol xx

Hey Hun, thought I would pop in. Say hi and add to everyone else's well done on the losses so far, yes the losses will slow down from your original weeks, this is normal and don't worry!!!

Take it from someone who has done all the diets, the slower the better!!! And you sound like you have learnt so much already!!!

You are doing great and don't be disheartened, take each day as it comes, drink plenty and you will do fine!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hey Hun, thought I would pop in. Say hi and add to everyone else's well done on the losses so far, yes the losses will slow down from your original weeks, this is normal and don't worry!!!

Take it from someone who has done all the diets, the slower the better!!! And you sound like you have learnt so much already!!!

You are doing great and don't be disheartened, take each day as it comes, drink plenty and you will do fine!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hey Kes. Thank you :) Yeah, I feel like I have learnt a lot so far :) Thanks again everyone :)

Hi Rosie! Congrats on your loss! A los sis still a loss hun and think about it its not far off the pic rach got on her ticker that you lost in 1 week...

Yeah mine is normally sat (good memory!) but im going to change it to Friday. so will we weighing later on. I do normally drink loads but not so much over past couple of days maybe thats why lol. Thanks Rach

Sorry Rach, I didn't see your comment from yesterday until now...but yh sometimes it depends on my mood too lol...and I was wondering what that was. Omg eww lol. Good motivation though.

Hi everyone.

I will be weighing in in about 2 hours...I'm going to be really honest (I wouldn't lie anyways though), but I have had a really bad week. I've been feeling depressed and eating badly, like chocolate, chips, crisps and sour cream and chive dip (my favourite dip ever!) I feel like such a failure to myself :( I have eaten too much fat but now my stress levels are down :) I know I am just blaming it on the stress I have had, but it's not the stress's fault...it's just me not staying focused and it's me going to the shop and buying junk food because I had spare money. I am really mad at myself and so disappointed in myself :( I have forgiven myself though because it has made me stronger and more determined to stay on track and stay focused. I am writing a weekly meals spreadsheet and I will have it open on my laptop at all times so that when I go on my laptop it will always be open for me to remember to stick to it. I will be writing my meals from Monday - Sunday and only 3 meals a day, no snacks. I don't snack anyways when I eat well.

Wish me luck please. I'm dreaded my weigh in :/

Thanks for everyones support. You're all great :)

I have changed my weigh in time to 1pm now coz I couldn't wait any longer lol...I am glad to say I have not gained anything but I haven't lost much at all. Last Thursday I weighed in as 14st 7...today I weighed in at 14st 6.4...So I lost 0.6 (I'm not sure if I say ounces or pounds lol). It is better than nothing though :) I was expecting a gain! So I am surprised at that because of the week I have had!

:)

Just measured myself as well and I am confused...The last time I measured myself was 2 weeks ago. I have put on 2 inches on my waist (I don't understand that :()...I have lost 2 inches on my hips...I have lost 1 inch on my left thigh and I have lost 1.5 inches on my right thigh :)

I am confused though about the 2 inches I have put on on my waist :/ I am probably not measuring in the correct place but I have watching youtube videos explaining where the waist it...I always use to think it was where my trousers sit at the top lol.

Back