My weight loss diary on Xenical! :)

You should definitely have your breakfast! You're not going to put on weight just because you don't have a tablet. They don't really have much of an effect you know, it's mostly you!!

I had my first unplanned day off plan in 16 months yesterday. My Mum was dying and the whole family gathered to be with her, and we ended up having sandwiches, sausage rolls, crisps, doughnuts and mince pies! It was mid afternoon and I'd only had a Nakd bar all day, so I can probably be forgiven? Back to it today! xx

I agree with Tracey. You must eat breakfast. Your metabolism diesnt kick start until you eat. Also your doctor is z bit behind the times! Orlistat did go put if production for some reason from February until Bout September. But it's now back in full flow whether you get xenical or teva

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Tracy I'm really sorry to hear about your mum :( did she die or rally round as they do. I hope you're ok. Hugs x

toofatkat said:
Oh Tracy I'm really sorry to hear about your mum :( did she die or rally round as they do. I hope you're ok. Hugs x

Thanks, Kat. Yes, she died, with the whole family around her. Upsetting to go through but a release for her as she'd deteriorated badly with Parkinson's and related dementia over some time now. Felt a bit daft even thinking about calories but it's become second nature now! xx

Lol I know how you feel about thinking About calories. The strangest of things come to our minds when we least want them to but there's nothing wrong with thinking that way. It's been important to us for so long and I bet your mum was really proud of you for losing the weight and wouldn't want you to stop because of grief. It's never a good time when death happens whether its release for them or not but we're here for you if you want to chat, vent or verbally wail x

I did reply back this morning but it didn't post, only just realised...

Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum :( At least she was around all her loved ones, that's really lovely. And like Kat said, we're all here for a chat :heartpump:

I did post something after my last post, but again I've only just realised that it didn't post lol...

Finally, I got everything sorted in the end. Got my prescription for another 28 days worth of Xenical :D I thought she would give me 3 months worth so that I don't have to make a Doctor's appointment every month to see her to get more but no lol. Does your Doctor give you 28 days worth of Xenical at one time or 3 months worth at one time?

Thanks for all the support guys :) Means a lot! :D

Thanks, Ladies, it's lovely to get supportive messages from people. We've managed to get the funeral arranged for Thursday, so another day of sarnies, sausage rolls and cake is on the horizon. At this rate I'll be calorie counting on Christmas day to make up for it! I've joined a challenge to not put weight on in December, on the calorie counting forum, as I thought that was a good way of staying focused without putting too much pressure on myself. I had a sneaky check this morning, having had two "naughty" days (one planned, one not), and I was 200g higher - could be worse! :) xx

I think the scales are the least of your worries for a fortnight at least. Don't be hard on yourself. To be honest I think Christmas Day is actually easy to calorie count compared to your funeral day. Could you not slip lots of salads in there as well.

toofatkat said:
I think the scales are the least of your worries for a fortnight at least. Don't be hard on yourself. To be honest I think Christmas Day is actually easy to calorie count compared to your funeral day. Could you not slip lots of salads in there as well.

Thanks, Kat! As you said before though, my Mum would be proud of my weight loss (she had dementia, so I don't think it really registered with her in reality, but the old her would have been happy), so I won't use it as an excuse to go off the rails. We're having the funeral catered, so we'll eat what we're given, lol, and I'll just count the calories for the rest of the time between now and Christmas Eve.

Gosh, sorry Rosie, I didn't mean to hijack your diary for what must seem like a very depressing subject. In reality, my Mum was a very poorly and confused old lady in recent times, and now she's at peace, so we're concentrating on getting through all the formalities and celebrating her life. :) xx

It's not a problem Tracy :) I am glad that you can share it with us. I hope you will be ok. You've done so well so far. I'm sure your mum was very proud of you. I hope everything goes to plan on Thursday. Celebrating someones life is a great way to remember them. Don't be too harsh on yourself though. You deserve a break :) xx

Hey ya, sorry to hear about your mum tracey, but at least you know she Is at peace now.

Back to the subject on how long you get your prescriptions for, I started off getting them every month for about 5-6 months, then my Dr gave me 3 months of supply. So maybe in time you will get to 3 monthly.

Kes said:
Hey ya, sorry to hear about your mum tracey, but at least you know she Is at peace now.

Back to the subject on how long you get your prescriptions for, I started off getting them every month for about 5-6 months, then my Dr gave me 3 months of supply. So maybe in time you will get to 3 monthly.

Thanks, Kes, everyone on here has been so lovely. :)

I've never been given Xenical for more than a month at a time, but it is on my monthly repeat prescription (I take about 8 different types of drug each day, lol), so I don't have to see the doctor to get it. xx

rosie1234 said:
It's not a problem Tracy :) I am glad that you can share it with us. I hope you will be ok. You've done so well so far. I'm sure your mum was very proud of you. I hope everything goes to plan on Thursday. Celebrating someones life is a great way to remember them. Don't be too harsh on yourself though. You deserve a break :) xx

Thanks, Rosie! :)

Rachgleeson said:
oh Tracy i am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. x

Thanks, Rachel. This is a lovely supportive place, isn't it? I think the folks on the Xenical forum are a particularly great bunch! xx

Oh I see. I think once I get to 3 months, if I have lost 10% of my body fat (which I will :):fingerscrossed:), then she might give me more months all at once :) I will ask her when I see her next month. One month to me goes quite quickly :) x

Thanks, Kes, everyone on here has been so lovely. :)

I've never been given Xenical for more than a month at a time, but it is on my monthly repeat prescription (I take about 8 different types of drug each day, lol), so I don't have to see the doctor to get it. xx

Oh yh, I didn't think to ask my Doctor if I could get Xen on repeat prescription. Durr! Lol. I will also ask her that next month. Good thing that when I need more Xen it doesn't clash with Xmas or New Years :)

Back