My weights going the wrong way

LisaC

Gold Member
Last night weighed in & had a gain of 0.5lb, I know thats not much but Ive now gained 2.5lbs in 3 weeks. Before that I'd sts for 4 weeks.

I do SW by the book so not sure where Im heading anymore :( I'm absolutely fed up with it now.

Im going to buy new electronic kitchen scales friday so Im going to measure absolutely everything.

Did speak to my consultant but all suggestions she's made before Ive tried (more fruit, low fat dairy) Cant exercise like I'd like right now as I've a bad knee. Really thought Id lose 2/3 so was gutted for yet another gain.

I really should buy that magent - 'I lost weight but it keeps finding me' :sigh:

Ohno Lise i'm so sorry! I don't know what to suggest - except, maybe start eating meat?

Have you done a Success Express or a Fast Forward? :(

Ohno Lise i'm so sorry! I don't know what to suggest - except, maybe start eating meat?

Have you done a Success Express or a Fast Forward? :(

Meat!!! :eek: No I said to my consultant Im going to buy scales etc & go back to basics, she said she how I get on next week & if I dont do well (again) she mentioned a personal eating plan...no other options have been suggested like fast forward etc.

:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

:( oh hun, let us know how you get on, that must be really frustrating for you! What do you eat on a daily basis, is it all fresh stuff or do you have the convenience and packet stuff?

I always make it all myself! My consultant describes my food diary as 'perfect'...yet it doesn't seem to be doing much for me.

I'll try to vary my meals more but Ive been doing that weeks. Starting to think maybe SW won't work for me much longer :(

Maybe you've hit the exercise plateau hun, maybe you just have to wait til your knee is all better :(

That may be the case! Once I get into exercise I do love it...strange that my consultant didn't suggest it though, I must've spoken to her about 5 times saying Im unhappy thats SW isn't going well.

have you thought about trying a new consultant? Fresh person might have fresh ideas?

There isn't another one I can get to

She is nice but last night when I was talking to her I did find she was almost trying to get away...I understand she was busy as it was the ruby party but week after week Im asking for help. Is it odd she hasn't suggested the plans you mentioned (fast forward etc)??

it IS quite odd, but then maybe they have compulsory red days in them that you can't really substitute? But then again, you cal ALWAYS find a quorny alternative to a recipe that calls for chicken or sausage or even mince!

Maybe at class this week you corner her. Maybe she's also worried about you wanting your money back, don't the C's work on commission? And if you're a faithful food diarier, and she's signed them off, and you're not losing and now in fact gaining, she can get properly penalised for that. And you can get your money back. So maybe she's hoping you just give up instead of carrying on, and then complaining?

That may be a cynical outlook and I don't know your consultant, but if your diaries are perfect and you're gaining, this is all I can think of?

Hi Lisa sorry it is not going to well for you at the mo must be really annoying.:mad:

You say you cant exercise because of your knee how about swimming? I know my friend suffers quite badly with her knee and she does quite a bit of swimming to keep the exercise up.
Also how about you Hex's do you have the same ones all the time i know i can be a bit like that mostly always bread and cereal! How about cutting certain things out like not having bread for a week and see if that helps. Why not try a superspeed challenge and see how many you can eat a day??

I hope i have been a bit of help and they are not things you have been told hundreds of times!!! Stick with it girlie it will come off eventually!:D

Ooooh hun... that might be an idea - think RED DAY - substitute all red day meats with a Quorn replacement - and see how that works for you!

A proper red style week with limited pasta and potatoes etc might just be the kick up the bum your body needs!

I really love quorn & actually eat quite a bit of it, not everyday in my meals but every other at least.

I think this week Ill try measuring EVERYTHING, having more syns (she said have 10 a day whereas before she suggested I have 15 on 2 days & only a few the rest...) & exercising if Im able then atleast I know Ive tried the lot. Its a shame as Ive booked a last min holiday for Oct 9th & I did not want to be gaining before I go :cry:

Ooooh hun... that might be an idea - think RED DAY - substitute all red day meats with a Quorn replacement - and see how that works for you!

A proper red style week with limited pasta and potatoes etc might just be the kick up the bum your body needs!

This could be a GOOD idea!! Ive know idea with red days so I'll really have to look into it. I love my pasta & potatoes :eek:

Hi Lisa sorry it is not going to well for you at the mo must be really annoying.:mad:

You say you cant exercise because of your knee how about swimming? I know my friend suffers quite badly with her knee and she does quite a bit of swimming to keep the exercise up.
Also how about you Hex's do you have the same ones all the time i know i can be a bit like that mostly always bread and cereal! How about cutting certain things out like not having bread for a week and see if that helps. Why not try a superspeed challenge and see how many you can eat a day??

I hope i have been a bit of help and they are not things you have been told hundreds of times!!! Stick with it girlie it will come off eventually!:D

Im not keen on swimming but hopefully my knee will be better soon, if I put my mind into it Im sure Ill find something else I love doing!

A month ago I started to vary my choices as I was sticking to the same ones. I dont have bread often but I may give that a try! Right now Ill try anything!

Aw bless ya!
I think vixxster has come up with a good idea with the red/quorn day though! If you replace meat with quorn it will be virtually superfree days! Basically sucess express! Nice work!

I agree...variety helps with this plan, so perhaps shaking things up a little will get things going. Dont give up Hun...we all have this happen to us every now and again.
Perhaps after changing things around, see what the results are and maybe suggest Fast Forward to your Consultant to see if she agrees with a trial.
xxx

Here's hoping for a super duper free and super skinny Lisa C very soon :D You can do it hun, you're just in a rut. Hope you're going somewhere nice! xx

Back