My Wise Food Diary plus Photos

Kia-Ora said:
So glad to have u back :)

Now Pine mouth is throwing up all sorts of images in my head, what is it?! X

Lol- thankyou for your warm words!! I am struggling already!!

Pine Mouth is when you are left with a bitter metallic taste in your mouth after eating pine nuts. It worsens when eating and can last up to 2 weeks!!
Apparently it's when inedible pine nuts have been mixed with edible ones. I ate a load last Saturday!! Big big big mistake - not eating them again, as this has been foul.
Apparently some people lose weight when they have it as it puts them off eating.......that didn't happen lol.

How is your WW going?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Darn just found out the fat free strawberry Onken yogurt has 6.5 syns now :mad:

Maybe diet should not have started today!! Is this an omen ??

Kx

Omg never heard of that pine nuts thing! How strange, hope it passes soon.

Ww itself is going fine but ive had a meal out, a Chinese takeaway & a KFC to contend with this week so I'm expecting a gain or at best a sts tomorrow.

Tbh I find ww is basically sw but with portion control, depends what way u approach it I suppose. I'm not eating so differently, apart from smaller meals. It is more flexible tho x

Wow, never heard of that pine nuts thing! Hope you're ok now.

The Onken is only syns if it's the new style pot with no sweetener - is it worth double checking your pot? I'm clutching at straws here for you!

Good to see you back hun, hope sunday isn't as bad as anticipated x

Beegee said:
Wow, never heard of that pine nuts thing! Hope you're ok now.

The Onken is only syns if it's the new style pot with no sweetener - is it worth double checking your pot? I'm clutching at straws here for you!

Good to see you back hun, hope sunday isn't as bad as anticipated x

Hi Beeg

It was the new pot :mad:....... was so cross that I fell off the wagon - again- as I thought what's the point as I used up soooo many syns!!

Tomorrows another day!! Still a bit of a bitter taste remains. Hope u r ok ?

Kx

18/02/12 - come on me - let's try a whole day of SW - need to be motivated.
Aim for 15 syns.

RED DAY
Brekkie
2 Weetabix - 1 HEB with splenda & SS Milk from HEA. 2 x Tassimo coffees, Splenda & SS Milk from HEA (sore throat!!)

1 glass squash

Dinner
Mexican. 1 Tesco Light Choices Tortilla Wraps = 6.5 syns
Lettuce, 1 HEA cheddar cheese, fajita pork, stirfry veg, Greek yog, 1 Tblsp cool salsa = 0.5 syns
Grapes
1 glass squash

Tassimo Decaf, Splenda & SS Milk from HEA

Carrot with a smidgen of coriander soup - 0 syns (had 2 large mugfuls)

Tea
Joes Sausage Sandwich (1 HEB, 1tblsp ketchup = 1 syn)

TOTAL SYNS = 8 SYNS
1 HEB - 2 Weetabix
1 HEB - 2 slices Warburtons Wholemeal bread (400g loaf)
1 HEA - 300ml SS Milk
1 HEA - 45g half fat cheddar cheese

Drinks = 3 glasses squash

Attachments

• image-2632976049.jpg
    image-2632976049.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3459846985.jpg
    image-3459846985.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3425205966.jpg
    image-3425205966.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3427377584.jpg
    image-3427377584.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image-4280039743.jpg
    image-4280039743.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Beegee said:
Come on girl - you can do it!! Being a greenie I can't help you with red tea I'm afraid but I hope it's yummy x

Thanx Beeg, it's soooooo hard. Evenings are always worse! I am sure I can have a green tea on a red day provided there are no carbs lol

Kx

Hi Kwise - nice to see you back again hun but that pine nutty mouth thingy sounds horrid! :(

Have you heard of mix to match hun? It's where you can have a Green lunch and a Red tea ... you would have to do a search for sure but I think as long as you don't snack in between it's totally cool. Worth a try ;)

Ali* said:
Hi Kwise - nice to see you back again hun but that pine nutty mouth thingy sounds horrid! :(

Have you heard of mix to match hun? It's where you can have a Green lunch and a Red tea ... you would have to do a search for sure but I think as long as you don't snack in between it's totally cool. Worth a try ;)

Hi Ali
I forgot all about Mix to Match - cant quite recall it - but will see if I still have a book on it!!
How's everything going for u?
The Pine Mouth is still with me , but no where near as bad - and it's put me off pine nuts for life !!

Kx

Can't find any info on mix to match. But currently making (up as I go along) some carrot soup - my throat feels sore- and I need to keep on the straight and narrow.

Might make it a carrot & bacon soup- who knows

Kx

Found it now!! Will see what I decide lol.

Woodland girl said:
I have a sneaky suspicion that m to m was replaced by extra easy. ... Prob read that on here somewhere!
Hope you feel better x

Hi Woodland, I stuck to a red day in the end!! Throat seems ok-ish, nose a tad snotty!!
How's your weightloss going luvvie? I know as your weightloss buddy I have failed you as I am in the 12's again!!!

Kx

Kia-Ora said:
Good luck with WI!! X

Lol - WI - 7lb gain, back to where I was when I weighed in at the beginning of Jan.
Worried about this week:-
Tues - Chinese Dinner being provided at work
Wed - course in London
Fri - farewell meal at work

So should I provide my own food Tues & Fri - like my SW brain suggests. Or eat it all and feel annoyed when my weight is too much at weigh-in?? No brainer I guess- what would u do K?

Kx

Oh boo to feeling poorly and falling off the wagon!!

Is there any way you can find out the menus in advance so you can decide what to do next week? You could do what I do in this sort of situation - just eat the absolute bare minimum that you can get away with without being rude and have some SW friendly bits on standby for when it's over.

Or, the less admirable approach (also used by me over holidays and special occasions!) is to say s*d it, I'm going to have a bad week but I'll come back to it raring to go in a weeks time. Having written that lot down they actually both seem a bit extreme :eek:, maybe just make sensible choices and do your best!

Good luck hun, hope it all works out for you x

Beegee said:
Oh boo to feeling poorly and falling off the wagon!!

Is there any way you can find out the menus in advance so you can decide what to do next week? You could do what I do in this sort of situation - just eat the absolute bare minimum that you can get away with without being rude and have some SW friendly bits on standby for when it's over.

Or, the less admirable approach (also used by me over holidays and special occasions!) is to say s*d it, I'm going to have a bad week but I'll come back to it raring to go in a weeks time. Having written that lot down they actually both seem a bit extreme :eek:, maybe just make sensible choices and do your best!

Good luck hun, hope it all works out for you x

Unfortunately not Beeg. A rep orders the Chinese for us - as part of our staff meeting , the course - absolutely no idea. Friday, my guess is buffet food - generally naughty!!!

Kx

Beegee said:
Maybe opt for the s*d it strategy then ;):D

Lol. Not sure tbh. It worries me that I might fall off the wagon again!! Think I might take in my sweet n sour rice pot which is free and feels like Chinese food lol.

Can't do anything about Wednesday - except hope there is some healthy option available. Friday I can bring in my own grub!!

Kx

Hi hun. Sorry to hear about your gain :( I expect you being ill is a big factor :sigh:

I don't want to be the bearer of even more bad news but since the Onken incident it seems there have been many more changes to Healthy Extras and syns - there's a thread in Syns today talking about rice pot thingies being 8.5 syns now - don't know if it's the type you like but you'd better check it out! :eek:

Back