My Wise Food Diary plus Photos

Sum said:
Awww i do! I usually am just a silent reader but I shall comment more often so you know i'm here (and serectly stalk you and the other who post in the sunday thread to see what you're up to ;)) :p! And i do love seeing your pictures that you post up - I wish my food looked like that. Well Done for being 100% :D Good Luck for Sunday weigh in

Thankyou , it means a lot ;) :thankyou:

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow, your food looks great :) Especially the swiss roll. Nice to see the tortillas are 10 syns for 2, that's not too bad really!

omnomnom said:
Wow, your food looks great :) Especially the swiss roll. Nice to see the tortillas are 10 syns for 2, that's not too bad really!

B's lovely lady said:
I read!!! I especially like the look of your truffles!!! Yum!!

Thankyou both so much, it's funny really- I never realised that anyone ever read my diary, and that I just generally write to myself. All comments, requests, support is very much greatly received

:happy036:

Kx

Oooh Kwise if you don't mind me asking where do you find time to cook such delicious food for 3 meals a day? And even make some dessert :eek: I have no idea how you manage it?

I think you'd be suprised how many read your diary and look at the lovely pics you post of your food. I look at it every day and think wow, you're so organised where the hell do you find the time! I wish I lived in your house!

I won't be a silent secret reader anymore, I'll say hello and tell you how nice your meals look x

Sum said:
Oooh Kwise if you don't mind me asking where do you find time to cook such delicious food for 3 meals a day? And even make some dessert :eek: I have no idea how you manage it?

Kankles said:
I think you'd be suprised how many read your diary and look at the lovely pics you post of your food. I look at it every day and think wow, you're so organised where the hell do you find the time! I wish I lived in your house!

I won't be a silent secret reader anymore, I'll say hello and tell you how nice your meals look x

Thankyou , yes don't just read, please post ;)

I am ( from what I'm told) very organised. Probably a bit OCD and I think with the diet a tad anal (I checked out a Harvester menu prior to going!! ) :help2:

So a bit about me:- I am a mum of 2 and I work mon-thurs (7:30-4:30) . So after picking the kids up, getting changed, making them their tea and then bath ,read, bed. I start cooking our meal(mine and DH). However prior to this I write a weekly menu, buy the ingredients online (and get them delivered) and that's it really- it's not difficult at all.
I have been doing SW for so many years now (about 20 I think) so have loadsa recipes . With the SW changes these have changed too. I love new recipes and enjoy cooking.

The recipes I do during the week have to be quick though and tasty.

At the weekend we eat as a family midday, so I tend to cook stuff that requires more prep or longer cooking times. Sometimes I will start it earlier.

Since finding this site (near to restarting my diet) it has given me a new want to slim, this means at the weekend, I just want to bake cakes- I can't just sit and do nothing lol. So I have got out my recipe books and tried stuff out . Yesterdays Jaffa cake was not a great success ( needs more chocolate) but others are eg the lemon curd recipe that I got here.

Also buying my ICECREAM maker has been a fantastic help.

Kx

Wow Kwise its amazing that you can juggle all that - Well Done on doing so. Organisation is the key for success but i'm not as orgnaised as you :p

I'm glad that you are doing so well and i will be trying to attempt some of your recipes (Wil tell you how they go lol). You seem to have such a nack for experimenting with your cooking and recipes :D

Based on all the yummy ice creams you have made i think i may have to invest in a Ice cream maker myself :rolleyes:

Sum said:
Wow Kwise its amazing that you can juggle all that - Well Done on doing so. Organisation is the key for success but i'm not as orgnaised as you :p

I'm glad that you are doing so well and i will be trying to attempt some of your recipes (Wil tell you how they go lol). You seem to have such a nack for experimenting with your cooking and recipes :D

Based on all the yummy ice creams you have made i think i may have to invest in a Ice cream maker myself :rolleyes:

Thankyou Sum. I do think you are right- organisation is key lol.
Definitely get an ICECREAM maker Hun :icecream:

Kx

02/04/11
EE DAY

Brekkie
Pink Grapefruit and Blackberries with sweetener
Coffee and a bit of HEA

Dinner
Spaghetti Bolognese and 28g low low part of HEA neg SYNS
Weightwatchers yog

Snack
1 slice Jaffa cake 1 SYN

Tea
Beetroot salad with smoked salmon and crabsticks and Salad Light
1 melon

Attachments

• image-605863353.jpg
    image-605863353.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image-774450894.jpg
    image-774450894.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image-612079970.jpg
    image-612079970.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3351856700.jpg
    image-3351856700.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 44
Hey kwise. I've just stumbled upon your diary, so thought I'd pop over and say hi. Your food looks and sounds gorgeous.

I've been really enjoying new recipes and have had done fantastic support and recommendations for food (nom nom nom).

Anyway, I shall pop on regularly now. I love a little inspiration. :)

Good luck with your WI tomorrow.

Last edited:
Pinkie1973 said:
Hey kwise. I've just stumbled upon your diary, so thought I'd pop over and say hi. Your food looks and sounds gorgeous.

I've been really enjoying new recipes and have had done fantastic support and recommendations for food (nom nom nom).

Anyway, I shall pop on regularly now. I love a little inspiration. :)

Good luck with your WI tomorrow.

Thankyou

Hey Kwise i was just wondering if you made any changes to the Lemon curd recipe as i made it today but it was a bit too lemony if that makes sense? Just thought i'd ask because if i make it again i think i would only use 1/2 a lemon :D

Hope your having a lovely mothers day anyways :D

Sum said:
Hey Kwise i was just wondering if you made any changes to the Lemon curd recipe as i made it today but it was a bit too lemony if that makes sense? Just thought i'd ask because if i make it again i think i would only use 1/2 a lemon :D

Hope your having a lovely mothers day anyways :D

Hiya Sum,

Only made 1 change. But it will depend on the size of the lemon you use. I gauge it that each half a lemon should have 1 Tblsp juice in it otherwise it's a large lemon and will end up being too lemony. If it's still too lemony, omit the rind.

3 Tblsp Splenda
2 Large Eggs (or 3 small- medium ones)
Grated Rind (yellow part only grated on finest grater side) & Juice of 1 lemon
2oz 0% Greek Yogurt

Whisk the eggs and lemon juice together in a glass bowl with a metal balloon whisk until combined. Whisk in splenda and rind.

Place bowl over a pan of just pre- simmering water making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Whisk continuously until thickened.

Remove from heat and whisk in Greek Yogurt. Pour into a prepared sealtight jar and allow to cool- we can never wait lol

Let me know how it goes

Kx

Thanks Kwise - I will defianatly try that and tell you how it goes :D

03/04/11
STS

EE DAY
Brekkie
42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran HEB
SS Milk HEA
Coffee

Dinner
Tuna Tomato Penne - 1.5 syns
28g kalamata olives 1.5 syns

Snacks
Jaffa Cake (homemade) 1 SYN
3 Cheats Cherry Bakewells 4 syns
3 Chocolate Brownies 3 syns

Coffee

Tea
Crabstick & Smoked Salmon Salad & Salad Light Spray (Caesar Dressing)
Strawberries and Vanilla Cream (Greek yog , sweetener & vanilla extract)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...rry-bakewells-3-cakes-4-syns.html#post3449361

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ocolate-brownies-1-syn-piece.html#post3449295

Kx

Attachments

• image-4112754277.jpg
    image-4112754277.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1623208117.jpg
    image-1623208117.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2867624968.jpg
    image-2867624968.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-4186141848.jpg
    image-4186141848.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1167263942.jpg
    image-1167263942.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 43
Sukibix said:
Hi K

Your meals are wonderful, thank you for posting your pics, it's good to see others meal sizes. Your diary is motivational, and I shall be popping by for inspiration!

Hope you've had a great Mother's Day

xxx

Thankyou ;)

Kx

04/03/11
RED DAY

Brekkie
42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran HEB & sliced banana on top
SS Milk some HEA
Coffee and some SS Milk from HEA

Lunch
Crabstick & Smoked Salmon Salad & Salad Light
3 Plums

Tea
Thai Salmon Burgers 1 SYN with Earthy Beetroot Salad & Coleslaw 1.5 SYNS
Quick Chocolate Bread Pudding - 4 SYNS , 1 HEB and some HEA

SNACKS
1 choc brownie - 1 SYN
1 Cheats Cherry Bakewell - call it 1.5 SYNS

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-salmon-burgers-2-syns-total.html#post3410852

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ocolate-brownies-1-syn-piece.html#post3449295

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...rry-bakewells-3-cakes-4-syns.html#post3449361

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/203942-quick-chocolate-bread-pudding.html#post3454460

Attachments

• image-1284054717.jpg
    image-1284054717.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3502431388.jpg
    image-3502431388.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image-300386484.jpg
    image-300386484.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image-2533683946.jpg
    image-2533683946.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image-2149357607.jpg
    image-2149357607.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Wow, I'm just having a peek at your diary and the pictures and menus are fantastic! You're so creative with your puddings - how lovely to use your syns so inventively (is that a word?!) Keep up the good work and keep those pictures coming! x

Back